Impact of Political in Our Environment
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Political impact
• The Philippine Government has promulgated a
number of laws for the protection of the
environment. Some of these are:
• Laws in Reforestation
• Total Log Ban
• Protection of Flora and Fauna particularly
the endangered species.
• There are unscrupulous individuals who
explicitly disregard this laws.
• Illegal logging is the harvesting, transporting,
processing, buying or selling of timber in
violation of national laws.
• Illegal logging is still rampant. Plants and
animals, mangroves and coral reefs are
• The Kaingin system is defined as the burning
of trees for the purpose of cultivation. It can
also be defined as a way of damaging the
environment for better environmental gain. In
this case, the area being burned is burned to
the point where the soil is no longer good.
• Blast fishing or dynamite fishing is the practice
of using explosives to stun or kill schools of
fish for easy collection. This often illegal
practice can be extremely destructive to the
surrounding ecosystem, as the explosion often
destroys the underlying habitat (such as coral
reefs) that supports the fish.
• Muro-Ami Fishing, otherwise known as reef-
hunting, is one of the cruelest, most
cataclysmic forms of illegal fishing that
destroys the coral reefs and exploits children.
• Children as young as seven years old dive to
the bottom of the ocean without oxygen
mask. There they spread the nets and pound
on the coral reefs to drive the fish towards the