Polycom Video Conferencing Solutions Brochure
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Polycom Video Conferencing Solutions Brochure
By integrating visual communication into their
daily processes and workflows, successful enter-
The Polycom VC2 prises are removing the barriers of distance and
vision transforms time, improving decision making, and achieving
higher performance while reducing costs.
traditional video With Polycom VC2, teams communicate and share knowledge more clearly, IT
conferencing managers control video as an application on their IP network, and organizations vastly
improve the quality of partnerships between employees, customers, and partners.
into visual Leveraging open architectures and industry-standard design principles, Polycom
VC2 allows enterprises to apply visual communication throughout their organization,
communication regardless of the mix of vendors providing other communication and network services.
Polycom’s experience providing standards-based offerings and services highlights our
unique capability to span heterogeneous, multi-vendor environments with innovative
and powerful visual communication solutions.
Individuals, teams, up to
Office, remote, mobile
Real-time, streamed, archived
Phone, PC, personal / group
Polycom Visual Communication Solutions
Immersive Room Personal
Video Conference Systems Conference Platforms
Management Recording and Security & Remote
Applications Streaming Access
Polycom RealPresence™ Experience HD (RPX™ HD)
The Polycom RPX RealPresence suites provide the world’s only fully-immersive experience
in an acoustically-tuned, luxury environment that features a seamless video wall with a pan-
oramic view of the remote room for true-to-life, realistic interaction of all meeting participants.
• Unique visual realism delivered through a cinematic video wall offering true-to-life images while sitting, standing or moving
• EyeConnect™ technology captures every nuance of a conversation, provides natural face to face interaction and enables highly
productive meetings across distances
• All-inclusive, multi-use, modular suite creates a luxury environment featuring all furnishings, integrated content displays, studio
lighting, walls and customized acoustic treatments
• Transparent technology – Cameras and microphones are unseen by participants, enabling natural interaction without distractions
• Investment protection – Standards based and interoperable with over 1.5 million installed video conferencing systems
• Lifecycle and professional services to ensure the total immersive experience, resulting in outstanding adoption and satisfaction
with a focus on design and readiness, seamless deployment, and turnkey operations management through VNOC services
Polycom RPX 400 Series Polycom RPX 200 Series
• Full screen, 48:9 cinematic view facilitates large group meetings • Seamless 24:9 video wall creates an intimate, face to face
• Seating capacity from 8–28 participants, depending on experience
configuration • Seating capacity from 4–18 participants, depending on
• Ideal solution for executive and boardroom meetings, corpo- configuration
rate trainings and higher education/university auditoriums • Ideal solution for executive teams, small groups and client
The Polycom RealPresence Experience HD is available in seven different floor plans and can accommodate 4 to 28 participants.
Polycom Telepresence Experience™ HD (TPX™ HD)
The Polycom TPX Series solution creates a natural life-like communication with a specially
designed room environment, transparent technology and interactive elements to provide
an immersive “just like being there” meeting experience with true-to-size images and finely
tuned special acoustics.
• Superior visual realism delivered in HD, allowing you to experience natural across the table” interaction
• Immersive environment, providing transparent technology with comfortable furniture, multi-directional ceiling microphones
and integrated easy to use touch screen controls
• Investment protection – Standards-based and interoperable with over 1.5 million installed video conferencing systems
• Easy-to-use – Simple and consistent touch-screen user interface across all locations
• Lifecycle services which include professional services to ensure the total immersive telepresence experience,
resulting in outstanding solution adoption and satisfaction by focusing on solution design and readiness, seamless
deployment, high value support services and turnkey operations management through VNOC services
Polycom TPX Series
• Exceptional immersive experience featuring HD video, HD audio and flexible content sharing
• Up to 3, 60” plasma displays creates the illusion of being in the same room
• Seating capacity from 2–6 participants, depending on configuration
• Ideal solution for executive teams, small groups or client engagements
The Polycom TPX HD series is available in four different floor plans and can accommodate 2 to 6 participants.
Call your Polycom sales representative to learn more about available
Polycom TPX HD customized configurations.
Room and Personal Telepresence
Polycom HDX Telepresence Series
From high-end integrator environments to personal workspaces, Polycom HDX Telepresence
provides high definition video and audio communication with unmatched ease of use and quality.
Fully interoperable with standards-based immersive telepresence environ-
ments and legacy video conferencing systems, the Polycom HDX Series of-
fers HD video, audio, and content sharing for distance learning, telemedicine,
project management, quality assurance applications and more. High-quality
communication is protected across even sub-optimal IP networks with
advanced QoS features like Lost Packet Recovery™ (LPR™).
Polycom HDX 9000™
The integrator’s premier choice for HD conferencing.
• Exceptional video and audio quality delivered by a powerful telepresence
• Enhanced custom integration with multiple options for A/V peripheral
connectivity and professional integrator inputs/outputs
• Ideal for custom integrated environments including auditoriums, lecture
halls, briefing centers, and more
Polycom HDX 8000™ & HDX 7000™
Perfect telepresence solution for boardrooms, meeting rooms, conference rooms, and more.
• Exceptional user experiences with HD video, HD audio and flexible HD content sharing
• Easily and securely deployed and managed across any standards-based network
Polycom HDX 4000™
A powerful multimedia solution for individuals and teams.
• Simple, hassle-free video solution for executives and managers, with intuitive user interfaces
• Easy sharing of HD content in native resolution during any video conference
Desktop Video Application
Polycom Converged Management Application™ (CMA™) Desktop
The Polycom CMA Desktop is a software-based PC application centrally deployed and managed
via the CMA 5000 and included within the CMA server.
• Increased user adoption with an intuitive and simple “pick a name and call” use model utilizing
Active Directory contact lists
• Full connectivity of PC video clients with immersive, room, and personal telepresence systems
• Point-and-click sharing of content with other desktop and telepresence systems
• Safe and secure conferencing thru encrypted Signaling and Media
Polycom VSX® and V Series
Polycom video conferencing systems are globally-recognized for their legacy of increasing
efficiency, improving collaboration, and reducing operating costs in organizations of all types.
Supporting conventional video conferencing requirements from
meeting rooms to desktops, Polycom video conferencing systems
allow groups to meet and interact over any distance
Polycom VSX® 8000
Flexible integrator codec designed for custom meeting
Polycom VSX® 7000e
Split video conferencing system designed for medium and large
rooms that have projectors or flat panel displays.
Polycom VSX® 7000s
Award-winning video conferencing unit for medium to large groups,
perfect for any size meeting room with any type of display.
Polycom VSX® 6000
Small to medium group video conferencing unit with full PTZ functionality for use with any TV or display.
Polycom VSX® 5000
Small group video conferencing unit for use with any TV or display, including an EPTZ camera.
Polycom VSX® 3000
Full featured, integrated video conferencing solution with built in 17” LCD display for the desktop or small office.
Polycom Instructor™ FS
Combines touch-enabled video conferencing and interactive white boarding in a single cost-effective package.
Office Systems Desktop Conferencing
Polycom V700™ Polycom PVX™
Integrated video conferencing system delivering ease of Desktop software application that delivers audio, video,
use and conventional video and audio performance. and content sharing to your PC and USB camera. Ideal
Polycom V500™ for offices, cubicles, classrooms, healthcare and govern-
Compact video conferencing system for small conference ment remote sites.
rooms or remote offices.
Polycom RMX Series
Simple and accessible multipoint conferencing for on-demand collaboration. Its highly efficient
and flexible platforms leverage existing and future conference investments to produce life-like
communications experiences across environments and networks.
Polycom RMX 2000™ Real-Time Media Conferencing Platform
Advanced platform for simplified multipoint conferencing in enterprise
and service provider environments.
• Standards-based and highly scalable with AdvancedTCA®
and IMS-ready architecture
• High-quality user experiences with Polycom Lost Packet Recovery (LPR)
• Simple and accessible multipoint conferencing with on-demand meeting
rooms and optimized layouts
• Efficient delivery of the highest quality video, audio, and content across mixed HD and non-HD environments
Polycom RMX 1000™ Conference Platform
High performance multipoint conferencing for small-to-medium sized organizations and enterprise branch sites.
• Accelerated user adoption and ROI with straightforward installation, management, and user interfaces
• High-quality user experiences with Polycom Lost Packet Recovery (LPR) and Siren™ 22 StereoSurround™ providing unrivaled
clarity when multiple parties are speaking
• Simple and accessible collaboration with on-demand virtual meeting rooms, optional scheduler, and intuitive conference controls
Ensure superior quality with Polycom
Lost Packet Recovery™
Polycom Lost Packet Recovery (LPR™) technology protects
IP video calls from audio and video distortion due to packet
loss to provide more consistent, high-quality user experiences.
With packet loss common in many public and remote network
environments, LPR utilizes forward error correction (FEC) to
recover lost data and ensure sustained integrity for all parts of
a video interaction, including the video, audio and content.
Conference Platforms / Management Applications
Polycom MGC™ Series
Industry-proven conference bridges for specialty and legacy multipoint requirements, the
MGC Series provides extensive options for redundancy, internal gateways, internal firewalls,
and V.35/serial interfaces.
Polycom MGC 100+ ReadiConvene™
For large enterprises requiring highly-scalable, reliable and redundant multipoint
conferencing, the Polycom MGC 100+ supports scheduled and on-demand conference
modes, providing multiple layout options, site names, and speaker indications.
Polycom MGC 50+ ReadiConvene
For large-to-medium sized enterprises requiring reliable multipoint conferencing
for specialty or legacy requirements, the Polycom MGC 50+ supports both
scheduled and on demand conference mode and integrated
Polycom MGC 25
Ideal for specialized small bridging requirements, the Polycom MGC 25
provides conferencing in an all-in-one 2U chassis, includes 10 pre-set
configurations, and offers a simplified wizard-based setup.
Polycom Distributed Media Application™ (DMA™) 7000
Network-based application for managing and distributing multipoint calls within
a highly reliable and scalable architecture.
Polycom DMA 7000
By maximizing resource utilization and lowering administrative costs, the
Polycom DMA 7000 is ideal for personal meeting rooms within on-demand
conferencing and desktop video applications.
• Highly-reliable and scalable conferencing with automatic routing around
network outages or server failures
• Integrated LDAP database for centralized management of thousands of users
• Advanced routing policies uniformly distributes the calls across
the media servers, ensuring maximum resource utilization
• Highly-flexible design to enable new conferencing
services to be introduced, modified, and scaled without
Management Applications Distributed Video Solutions
Polycom Converged Management Application™ (CMA™) 5000 For video-enabling the enterprise
and providing highly-adoptable tools
Leveraging the foundation of Polycom ReadiManager™ SE200 and the power
that simplify video use, deployment,
of industry standards, the Polycom CMA 5000 provides centralized conference
and management across all environ-
scheduling, gatekeeping, monitoring, provisioning, directory services and presence-
ments, the Polycom CMA distributed
awareness for fully-managing software and hardware video endpoints.
video solution creates a powerful,
• Integration of conventional video and telepresence systems into a single con- centrally-controlled, and highly-
verged enterprise communication solution integrated foundation for existing
• Central distribution of video communication and evolving visual communication
to mobile work forces, desktops, conference requirements.
rooms and boardrooms, all in HD quality with Leveraging the power of the Polycom
common user interfaces CMA 5000 and Polycom CMA
• Simplified low cost video deployment and Desktop, enterprises can manage
management with standards-based and provision all video clients and
IT integration (XML, XMPP, H.350) endpoints within a single archi-
tecture encompassing telepres-
• Management and provisioning scalability to
ence solutions, conventional video
thousands of endpoints from a centralized
conferencing systems, and video
server and intuitive web interface
Polycom ReadiManager™ SE200
Simplified management and scheduling ap-
plication for enterprise video and voice conferences.
• Integrated conference management, scheduling, and gatekeeper functionality
• Scalable and flexible approach to conference management
• Common database and one easy-to-use interface for all applications to help
reduce cost and deployment time
• Real-time dashboard minimizes or prevents negative impact to service levels by
giving an instant overview of conferencing network performance
• Schedule video conferences from common workflow applications
(MS Outlook, Lotus SameTime)
Call processing solution combining advanced features such as least-cost routing,
alternate routing, ISDN number provisioning, gatekeeper functionality and
addressing into a single server for both IP and ISDN video calls.
• Accelerated enterprise ability to support multimedia communications
• Users enpowered to instantly initiate on-demand multipoint conferences
• Reduced IT workloads and requirement for managing video infrastructure
• Expanded ability to control and manage video communications network
Recording and Streaming / Security and Remote Access
Recording and Streaming
Polycom Video Media Center™ (VMC) 1000
Video content management application that stores, manages and delivers live
and recorded video conferences and content across the enterprise. Operating in
tandem with the Polycom RSS™ 2000, this highly-scalable platform links video
conferencing and web streaming.
• Targeted cost-effective video delivery, with real-time and on-demand video
streaming to thousands of users
• Centralized video asset storage and management that streamlines processes
for video creation and editing, indexing, and delivery
• Simple and secure publishing, with wizard-based tools, customizable
viewerportals, and multiple tiers of security
• Leverage existing video investments via complete interoperability with traditional H.323 video conferencing endpoints
Polycom RSS™ 2000
Recording and streaming server enabling organizations to record and view video
conferences and content from the desktop or a video conferencing endpoint.
• Simple to use model for recording and sharing video content
• Capture a range of event content, including self recordings, point-to-point,
or multipoint conferences
• Reduced cost through elimination of dedicated room recording devices
for archiving video content
• Expanded access to video assets with users able to view webcasts live
or on-demand Polycom Video Border Proxy (VBP Series)
Security and Remote Access
Polycom Video Border Proxy™ (VBP™) E Series
Ideal for enterprises seeking to enhance branch and remote site collaboration. Polycom VBP E Series creates secure routes
through any corporate firewall, allowing remote users to seamlessly communicate in video and audio conferences.
• Includes an embedded gatekeeper to manage registrations and dialing for local endpoints
• Perfect for environments with distributed dial plans and endpoints not
commonly registered to a gatekeeper
• Optimized for enterprise networks migrating from ISDN to IP connectivity
Polycom Video Border Proxy S Series
Perfect for service providers seeking to protect IP communications
for hosted video or voice services, or applications where video
endpoints are registered to a centrally deployed gatekeeper
• Eliminates requirements to place H.323 gatekeepers and multipoint conferencing units on the public IP network
• Highly effective wherever H.460 based traversal services are needed
• Polycom VBP ST-Series includes optional H.460 support for mobile users or remote locations without a video-aware firewall
©2008 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved.
Polycom, VSX, and the Polycom logo design are registered trademarks ((start)) and RealPresence, RPX, EyeConnect, Telepresence Experience,
TPX, Loss Packet Recovery, LPR, HDX 9000, HDX 8000, HDX 7000, HDX 4000, Converged Management Application, CMA, Instructor FS,
V500, V700, PVX, RMX 2000, RMX 1000, Siren, StereoSurround, MGC, ReadiConvene, Distributed Media Application, DMA, ReadiManager,
PathNavigator, Video Media Center, RSS, Video Border Proxy, and VBP are trademarks of Polycom, Inc. in the U.S. and various countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Part No. 3726-47515-001 Rev. 0810