Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NAGENDRA_TD&INFOR
NAGENDRA BABU.VEMPATI MOBILE: +91-8790656486
EMAIL ID: email@example.com
Seeking a position to utilize my technical, functional and communication skill in the Information
Technology Organization that offers Professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and flexible
• Having 2.6+ years of experience in IT industry as a Software Engineer in implementation of Data
warehousing projects with Teradata and Informatica as Developer.
• Extracted data from various source systems like Oracle, Sql Server and flat files as per the
requirements. Worked on various Teradata versions V2R5, V2R6 and TD12.
• Extensively worked with Teradata utilities like BTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load, Multi Load to export
and load data to/from different source systems including flat files.
• Experience working on Informatica transformations like normalizer, Lookup, Source Qualifier,
Expression, Aggregator, Sorter, Rank and Joiner
• Excellent Experience with different indexes (PI, SI, JI, AJIs, PPI (MLPPI, SLPPI)) and Collect
• Identifying long running queries, scripts, Spool space issues etc..., implementing appropriate
• Reporting errors in Error tables to client, rectifying known errors and running the scripts.
• Very good in Analytical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Worked with Explain Command and identified Join strategies, issues and bottlenecks.
• Written Unit Test cases and submitted Unit test results as per the quality process.
• Have experience on implementing business rules in BTEQ scripts.
• Having basic knowledge on UNIX.
• Good understanding in Data warehouse concepts.
ETL Tools : Informatica Power Center
DATABASES : MS SQL SERVER 2005/8 V2R5, TD12,Oracle 9i,10g.
Query Tools : Teradata SQL Assistant.
Utilities : BTEQ, Fast load, Multi-Load, Fast Export.
Languages : C, C++, C#.NET, SQL, PL/SQL
Operating Systems : Windows XP, Windows NT/98/2000,7, UNIX.
Web technologies : ASP.NET, MVC.
Functional Skill Set
• Strong client facing skills.
• Problem solving capability peered with strong communication skills.
• Teradata Data Warehouse Developer in Soma technologies Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad Mar 2013 to Till
• Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science from JNTU.
• Received 'Spot Light ' Award in recognition of the hard work and commitment towards the
successful delivery of the RTA project.
Title : AAMI-CLAIMS
Client : Australian Associated Motor Insurers
Date : May 2013-Dec2013
Organization : Soma Technologies Ltd
Team Size : 8.
This system is designed as Online and Batch sub systems. The online system supports Inquiry about
various Policies, Claims Information, Premium Information, Various guidelines which AMI follows,
necessary screens to follow the whole cycles of the policy. The Batch system supports the back end
processing of the policy based on the period, duration, special requests and provides information to the
online about the policies. Generates various reports for customer like Claim report, Renewal, Maturity,
Premium due etc. Also generates reports like policies per year, Premiums pending, Total premiums, Non-
Renewed and Renewed policies, Expired Policies, Collection office and Area office details etc
1) Involved in Script development as per business requirements with Direct Load, ETL load, and
Hardcoded values in various utilities.
2) Working on loading of data from flat files to Target using BTEQ.
3) Involved in query tuning for some existing queries built for reports.
4) I worked and analyzed Error tables, UV tables and provided required support to Work table and Log
5) Written queries by using various Sql constructs monitored various Indexes and Tables usage in the
6) Written unit test cases and implemented unit test results.
7) Implemented changes in the scripts according to Change Request Documents.
8) Participated in the document versioning and tracking in various places.
Teradata (DB), Teradata SQL, Tools :(Bteq, Fast load, Multiload and QueryMan)
Title : Staples marketing intelligence project
Client : Staples, Framingham
Date : Apr 2014 – Aug 2015
Organization : Soma Technologies Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad
Team Size : 5.
Staples is the world's largest office products company. They are making it easy for their customers
around the globe to buy a wide range of office products, including supplies, technology, furniture, and
business services. The overall approach for the One Staples Financial Information System is to integrate
multiple financial warehouses and reporting systems in to a single One staple application subsequently
shutting down several existing financial warehouses and data marts. The overall purpose of the project is
to capture raw information from the customer systems to use as a foundation for customer reporting.
1) Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load)
processes using Informatica power center.
2) Extract data from flat files, Oracle,Sybase,DB2, and SQL Server 2008 & MS SQL Server 2005/2008
and to load the data into the target database.
3) Extensively used Informatica to load data from fixed width and delimited Flat files.
4) Involved writing the scripts using Teradata SQL as per requirements.
5) Extensively used Informatica for loading the historical data from various tables for different
6) Responsible for monitoring all the sessions that are running, scheduled, completed and failed
Debugged the mapping of the failed session to check the progress of data load.
7) Involved in Unit and System Testing of ETL Code (Mappings and Workflows)
Title : Enterprise Data Warehousing
Client : Oman Cements Ltd, Muscat
Date : Dec 2013 –Till date...
Organization : Soma Technologies Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad
Team Size : 9.
Oman Cement Company has symbolized Oman's drive for self reliance in core industries. It has its own
operations distributed in various areas like Construction industry, Infrastructure development etc and
creator's resources to achieve self-sufficiency. This project involves in the computerization of Ware-
house. The main aim of the project is create one centralized warehouse collecting the inventory data from
various units and analyzing the growth of the company on its sales by generating the various reports. For
this in order to moralize the centralized warehouse, We used Informatica to extract the required data from
various sources like Relational files and Flat files and load into the Relational database Teradata and
Transform the data accordingly and load into the centralized warehouse by using the Teradata Utilities.
1) Involved with requirement gathering and analysis for the data marts focusing on data analysis, data
quality, data mapping between ODS, staging tables and data warehouses/data marts.
2) Designed and developed processes to support data quality issues and detection and resolutions of
3) Extract data from flat files, Oracle, and SQL Server 2008, and to load the data into the target
4) Used Teradata as a Target, Worked with Teradata loaders within Workflow manager to configure
FastLoad and Multi Load sessions.
5) Experience with Teradata as the target for the datamarts, worked with BTEQ, FastLoad and
6) Coordinated with the modelers and developers to discuss issues in interpreting the requirements
7) Developing Transformation codes (Source to EDW) in Teradata SQL assistant.
8) Has Responsible for Data quality to make sure there is no gap with existing source system.
Oracle 10g, Teradata, SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica Power Center 8.6, UNIX Shell Scripting
Passport No : K8538291
Name in the passport : Nagendra Babu.Vempati
Marital Status : Single
Languages Known : English, Telugu, Hindi
Nationality : Indian
I hereby declare that all the details furnished above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.