Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pom syllabus
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
OVERVIEW OF MANAGEMENT
Organization - Management - Role of managers - Evolution of Management thought - Organization
and the environmental factors - Managing globally - Strategies for International Business.
Nature and purpose of planning - Planning process - Types of plans – Objectives - Managing by
objective (MBO) Strategies - Types of strategies - Policies – Decision Making - Types of decision Decision Making Process - Rational Decision Making Process - Decision Making under different
Nature and purpose of organizing - Organization structure -Formal and informal groupsIOrganization
- Line and Staff authority - Departmentation - Span of control -Centralization and Decentralization Delegation of authority - Staffing - Selection and Recruitment - Orientation - Career Development Career stages – Training - Performance Appraisal.
Creativity and Innovation - Motivation and Satisfaction - Motivation Theories LeadershipLeadership theories - Communication - Hurdles to effective communication -Organization Culture Elements and types of culture - Managing cultural diversity.
Process of controlling -Types of control - Budgetary and non-budgetary control techniques Managing Productivity - Cost Control - Purchase Control – Maintenance Control - Quality Control Planning operations.
TOTAL = 45 PERIODS
1. Stephen P. Robbins and Mary Coulter, 'Management', Prentice Hall of India,8th edition.
2. Charles W L Hill, Steven L McShane, 'Principles of Management', Mcgraw Hill Education,
Special Indian Edition, 2007.
1. Hellriegel, Slocum & Jackson, ' Management - A Competency Based Approach', Thomson South
Western, 10th edition, 2007.
2. Harold Koontz, Heinz Weihrich and Mark V Cannice, ‘Management – A global & Entrepreneurial
Perspective’, Tata Mcgraw Hill, 12th edition, 2007.
3. Andrew J. Dubrin, 'Essentials of Management', Thomson Southwestern, 7th edition, 2007.