Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NashTres4-1
Tim Nash, CAIA
12925 Brynwood Way • Naples, Florida 34105 • (239) 682-4811 • email@example.com
Sales & Marketing Leadership ... Intermediary/Indirect Sales Channel Management ... Alternative Investments
New Business Development & Account Management ... Internal/Wholesale Strategy
Developing Direct, Indirect & Key Account Channels ...Value-Added Products & Client Service
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst ... Series 3, 7, 30, 31 and 66 Licenses
Accomplished sales and sales management professional; effectively drive asset and revenue growth through
internal wholesaling and national indirect sales channel management targeting small to large intermediaries.
Aggressive, strategic top producer in direct sales and key account management. Proven success in business
development, key account management and building strong relationships with executives of key accounts and
partners. Expertise in closing major contracts and presenting solutions to illustrate clear, incontestable value
and successful outcomes for clients by developing value-added proposals and articulating and driving a business
BPVCAPITALMANAGEMENT Naples, Florida 2013 to 2015
Liquid alternative mutual fund organization providing solutions-based portfolios with a core focus on helping
the average investor retire comfortably.
Accountable for all facets of sales, marketing, new business development and account management to drive
revenue growth throughout a 12-state territory, calling on family offices, broker-dealers, RIAs and financial
institutions to aggressively promote the sale of liquid alternative mutual funds. Developed and negotiated
new profitable, yet mutually-beneficial selling agreements with RIAs and broker-dealers.
• Cultivated and maintained a comprehensive network of sales contacts throughout territory to identify and
capitalize on prospective new business opportunities.
• Achieved significant sales growth through the formulation and implementation of innovative business
• Orchestrated the initial development and ongoing administration of a vast database of firm/advisor client
data, encompassing more than 6,000 separate accounts.
• Surpassed all sales personnel in production across all categories (contacts, calls, entertainment and business
LEXINGTONASSETMANAGEMENT Naples, Florida 2010 to 2013
Alternative investment firm with a specialization in trading managed futures on a global scale. Served as
Executive Vice President of March Capital for the distribution of the Lexington fund.
Managing Director/Director of National Sales
Strategically steered all business development functions on a national scale for this industry-leading futures
management firm, including the development and implementation of enhanced marketing campaigns designed
to increase organizational market share amongst family offices, broker-dealers, RIAs, institutions, fund of
funds and private investors. Instituted new business development strategies, encompassing sales, marketing,
operational and compliance strategies. Drove firm exposure by facilitating a complete overhaul of the firm’s
Web site and marketing collateral, participating in speaking engagements, family office conferences and
private investor events, in addition to creating/integrating a new e-marketing strategy/contact management
plan into operations.
• Composed marketing materials and authored complex educational articles; instrumental in conceptualizing
seeding campaigns and standardized structures.
• Created and maintained a proprietary database of more than 4,400 contacts for lead management purposes;
employed a consultative approach when prospecting to secure fund placement on designated platforms.
• Led the execution of private placement memorandum modifications to provide better terms to investors.
• Realized substantial growth with regard to firm/fund awareness of investment firms (500%+), number of
firms conducting business with (200%+) and average size of signed firms (690%+).
MANINVESTMENTS Chicago, Illinois 2006 to 2010
North American division of a European company comprised of three investment advisory firms and a broker-
dealer. Largest alternative investment firm globally ($42B in assets under management) with more than 15
separate alternative investments/funds soliciting directly to RIAs, broker-dealer/RIAs and platform
Relationship Manager/Vice President (2009 to 2010)
Led full life cycle sales, marketing, intermediary on-boarding and business development in a 13-state,
South/Southeast US region (top producing territory in firm). Continued On Second Page...
Tim Nash, CAIA PAGE TWO
Man Investments; Relationship Manager/Vice President, continued...
Accountable for driving assets under management and revenue growth promoting 15 different funds (global
macro, relative value arbitrage, distressed & credit, equity hedge, commodity & macro, managed futures,
managed accounts, weather derivatives, multi-strategy/multi-manager, buy-write, convertible arbitrage,
variable equity and structured products). Led design and execution of marketing, sales, technology and branding
programs across all product lines and sales channels.
• Led and/or supported raise of more than $480Mfor firm in 2009.
• Achieved and maintained #1 territory ranking for sales production in firm.
• Delivered more than $68M in new assets from June, 2009 to February, 2010.
• Maintained top corporate ranking for controllable expenses (less than 12% year over year).
• Aggressively targeted stagnant relationships and cultivated new business through increased support, product
communications and value-added service.
• Created, promoted and hosted webcasts/webinars and conference calls.
Inside Sales Representative (2006 to 2010)
Sourced, penetrated, secured and managed mission critical intermediary relationships with RIAs, broker-
dealer/RIAs, family offices and platform providers in all 50 states. Provided strategic and tactical sales,
marketing, internal sales and communications support to national field representatives. Trained and
developed new sales and support personnel.
• Key member of senior sales and business development team leading rapid growth of assets under management;
managed full life cycle sales or supported each new agreement in firm over last 18 months in internal position.
• Instrumental in driving total intermediary relationships from 48 to 131; personally managed and led
development and support of 40 Registered Investment Advisors.
• Consistently achieved top production results exceeding goals year over year:
- Raised $53.9M in FY ‘08 exceeding goal by $25.9M;
- Raised $31M in new assets in FY ‘07 exceeding goal by $9.5.
• Achieved #1 Sales Representative ranking raising more than $102M.
• Aggressively prospected new business through cold calling and lead generation ranking #1 year over year for
number of cold calls placed.
LORD,ABBETT&COMPANY Jersey City, New Jersey 2002 to 2006
Provides mutual fund portfolios in equities, fixed income and municipal securities worldwide; $80B in assets
Regional Sales Manager (2005 to 2006)
Conducted aggressive internal and external sales and marketing functions in establishing channel partnerships
with financial services sales representatives in Midwest region. Called-on and developed relationships with
brokers. Trained and supported sales operations of more than 110 sales representatives; conducted extensive
travel (100%). Marketed, sold and trained representatives in a diverse list of products, including mutual funds,
insurance and retirement plans, annuities, equity funds, etc.
• Attributed with driving this struggling, young territory from $400K a month to more than $2.4M monthly.
• Refined and executed a pull-through marketing strategy to increase sales volume and drive regional profits;
exceeded business development goals month over month.
Internal Wholesaler/Sales Representative (2002 to 2005)
Conducted internal and external sales, marketing and business development functions calling on investment
representatives of major financial services firms, including A.G. Edwards & Sons, U.B.S. Financial, Wachovia,
Merrill Lynch, Edward Jones, Morgan Stanley, etc. Researched leads, set appointments, conducted sales
presentations, established and managed partnerships client entertainment.
• Increased territory sales from $79M to $180M within two years.
• Partnered with IT teams to develop new marketing materials for web site.
FORMAL EDUCATION, LICENSURE & TECHNICALACUMEN
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI Columbia, Missouri
Bachelor of Science in Financial Management (Conferred 2001)
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
Series 3, 7, 30, 31 and 66 Licenses
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics, Business Objects, SalesLogix, Salesforce.com