Prevent strategy resources for staff working in WorkPlace Learning
prevent strategy training, prevent strategy priority areas, Prevent strategy resources for staff working in WorkPlace Learning, prevent training in colleges, Prevent Strategy Awareness by Pathway Group, Birmingham, Prevent Duty and Safeguarding, Prevent for Further Education and Training, Prevent Strategy Training for Training Providers, prevent strategy information
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Prevent strategy resources for staff working in WorkPlace Learning
What is the Prevent
• Prevent is part of the Government’s counterterrorist
strategy known as CONTEST.
• CONTEST as a counter-terrorism strategy is organised
around four work streams, each comprising a number
of key objectives:
– PURSUE: To stop terrorist attacks;
– PREVENT: To stop people becoming terrorists or
– PROTECT: To strengthen our protection against a
terrorist attack; and
– PREPARE: To mitigate the impact of a terrorist
What does the prevent
strategy aim to do?
• Prevent aims to reduce the risk we face
from terrorism, by stopping people
becoming terrorists or supporting
• The strategy promotes collaboration and
cooperation among public service
organisations, in order to provide support
to vulnerable individuals.
Who is the strategy for?
• We are all a critical partner in Prevent, as
industry professionals have a key role in
• The strategy focuses on working with
vulnerable individuals who may be at risk of
being exploited by radicalisers and
subsequently drawn into terrorist-related
What does it mean for me?
• Prevent does not require you to do anything in addition to
your normal duties. What is important is that if you are
concerned that a vulnerable individual is being exploited,
you can raise the concern in accordance with policies and
Designated Senior Person – Martin Chandler
(telephone: 0121 707 0550 / mobile: 07807 540922 /
If you have any concerns issues or concerns about learner
safety or welfare.
Working together to
• Terrorism is a real and serious threat to
us all and we have seen that terrorists
can strike at any time and any place
Prevent Resources on
• The linked resources on Pathway Direct are
intended to help:
– raise awareness;
– provide information;
– enable learners to make a positive contribution; and
– safeguard young people.