Population: Employment and Unemployment in Pakistan
O levels Geography
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Population: Employment and Unemployment in Pakistan
• Danish Faheem
• Aurangzeb Ahmed
• Hamza Amjad
• Mohd. Hasan
• Ali Ahsen
• People who work and get paid
• Can be categorized in three sectors:
• Occupations that extracts raw materials
directly from earth or sea such as
fishing, mining, agriculture, forestry e.t.c.
• Contributes about 56.5% of sartorial
• Occupations which process and manufacture
the primary products such as steel
making, ship building, furniture making e.t.c.
• The sector generates about 10.5% of the
employment opportunities for the labor force.
• Occupations which provide services such as
transport, banking, trade, insurance, health,
• This sector absorbs about 33% of the labor
force in Pakistan.
Employed Labor Force by
• When the workforce is more then it is
required for a job still it is working. For
example:If a farm generates employment for 10
workers and 15 workers are working, the extra
5 will come under disguised employment.
Less economic opportunities
Replacement of Technology:
The new imported machinery is taking over the jobs of
people. There is now very less need of manual labor.
For example Martial Law decreases the job opportunities
in the country i.e Import and Export both are banned causing problems
to sale distributors or whole sellers.
Mismatch in demand:
People are not educated enough to put themselves against
the merit of the particular job they want
Money wasting :
More money is wasted on festivals such as Marriages etc.
and very less is left for investing in the means of business
Feasible Measures to
• Education System
• Family Planning
• Reduce illiteracy rate
• Make economic activities more productive
• No gap between demand and supply of labor
• Increase standard of living
• Overall increase in economic development
• Control the rate of birth & death
• Family Planning Programs could be setup easily
• Restrict early age marriages
LITERACY & TRAINING
• Establishing training institutions
• Practical demonstration
(B) Industry& Tertiary
• Send trainees abroad to gain specialized
• Skilled services