Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NatalieSolomonDivneyResume
Natalie Solomon Divney
43163 Ashley Green Drive Ashburn, VA 20148 202.701.0619 email@example.com
Seasoned leader with proven experience across the internet, web technologies, mobile, educational, telecommunications,
ecommerce and publishing industries. Resultsdriven global team manager with accountability for organizational budgets up
to $7M and project portfolios up to $50M. Excels at leading large teams in all facets of the project lifecycle from business
development, initial feasibility, development, implementation and operations; experienced in Kanban, DualTrack Scrum and
Waterfall methodologies. Strong communication skills and a proven ability to build highly energized teams.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Project/Program Management Budgeting & Forecasting Mobile Technology
Product Management Vendor Management Operations Management
Marketing Communications Business Development New Media/Technology
Strategic Planning R&D Global Strategic Alliances Best Practice/Process Reengineering
Team Building Cost Savings Leadership
NavigationArts – Mclean, VA
Director of Program Management (2014 to present)
● Managed the firm’s Project Management Office team that led 37+ critical project initiatives across 22 Clients totaling
$19M+; from business development, implementation and ongoing enhancements via teams numbering from 5–20
with individual budgets exceeding $1.5M.
● Responsible for implementing a cost savings initiative that increased margins by 3% and reduced client writeoffs by
300% within my first 9 months.
● Successfully led an enterprisewide crossfunctional agile process methodology definition and implementation of
DualTrack Scrum leveraging Atlassian products; including Confluence and Jira and Google’s suite of products.
● Enabled repeatable project delivery success via implementation of a project management methodology, tools and
templates. The implementation Included overall mission and process definition, change management, risk
management, resource management and budgeting/staffing models.
The College Board – Reston, VA & New York, NY
Senior Program Manager – Digital Solutions (20112014)
Senior Director – Business Solutions Partner (2010)
● Built strong partnerships with the business and service units to understand business goals, driving alignment and
delivering value by developing and implementing effective digital solutions using the Kanban methodology that
solved critical business challenges.
● Successfully leveraged business experience and knowledge of how technology can be positioned to solve critical
business opportunities, developed business processes and technology solutions that exceeded business needs.
● Developed a POV and led quarterly “industry trends” informational sessions describing The College Board’s go
forward digital strategy and execution plans.
● Worked collaboratively and developed a mobile strategy for The College Board; which included partnering with
several creative agencies to conduct an assessment of 75+ College Board web properties. Deliverables included
recommendation and prioritized product backlog to inform our mobile strategy.
● Led a 12month responsivedesign project, identifying and assessing prospective creative and technology partners
to expand College Board’s mobile presence. Continuously tracked and monitored project budget, provided timely
reporting and ensured accurate forecasting. Led a crossfunctional team comprised of upwards of 25 stakeholders
from R&D, Sales, Marketing and IT. Created operationalization plans and delivered incisive presentations to the
Division SVP and CIO.
The Wonderfactory – New York, NY
Director of Account Services and Project Management (20102011)
● Consistently demonstrated strong crossfunctional skill set, including exceptional skills and expertise in all the
following areas: communications, business analysis, project management, project profitability assessing actual
budgets against baselines. Successfully relaunched Project Insight PMO Tool for capacity planning, resource
utilization and P&L management.
● Provided both strategic and tactical leadership across multimillion dollar engagements while still keeping a finger on
the pulse of daytoday project activities with a focus on meeting deliverable requirements, ensuring overall quality of
deliverables and ensuring overall client satisfaction.
● Continuously improved processes and methodologies to strengthen relationships and communications with key
client accounts including; Barnes and Noble, Meredith Publishing, Workman Publishing, Time Inc, AARP, Sotheby’s,
Google and Gannett Communications.
● Collaborated with discipline leads and contributed to developing industry leading work for our clients. Played a
critical role developing a point of view on business strategy, actively participated in Strategy, UX, Design, and UAT
and all other client deliverables. Directly managed the launch of 1,000 PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE iPad
App and media launch event.
HarperCollins Publishers – New York, NY
Director of PMO Sales, Marketing & Editorial Operations (2007–2010)
● Served as key leader and liaison between business owners, Client teams, and technology teams, leading and
managing, planning work, identifying issues and needs, building consensus, and developing solutions across
● Built strong relationships with the business and technology groups involved in solution envisioning and execution.
Designed and managed ongoing communications to business sponsors and stakeholders.
● Conducted process analyses, needs assessments, and costbenefit analysis for Sales, Marketing and Editorial
programs, to define web, enterprise, data initiatives and products.
● Directed and motivated individuals and high performance teams to produce optimum results in pursuit of
organizational goals through duediligence, strategic direction and prioritization.
● Developed overall engagement strategy and worked with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans,
deploying resources optimized to maximize utilization targets.
AOL Inc – Dulles, Virginia
Senior Director Audience PMO (20052006)
Director – Broadband Product and Business Operations (2004)
Senior Program Manager – Broadband Business Operations (20022003)
Business Analyst/Senior Manager eCommerce Accounts (1999 – 2002)
● Built and led bestinclass PMO consisting of 55+ Project Managers, Program Managers and Scrum Masters
executing global engagements, optimizing business processes and managing largescale programming and network
design initiatives across 18 content channels. Key deliverables included the successful launch of 350+ technology
initiatives with a combined budget of $50M.
● Worked closely with Technologies, Business Development, Finance, Legal, Brand Marketing, Corporate
Communications, Usability and Marketing Analysis, demonstrating high degree of agility with ability, navigating a
highly matrixed organization.
● Accountable for implementing a cost management program resulting in a year over year savings of $8M. This
included rolling out an effective talent management measurement program, identifying KPI’s and implementing a
benchmarking process comparing performance against key target metrics that improved overall organizational
● Rightsized several legacy projects; rebuilt client, affiliate and vendor relationships, solved critical service issues,
increased satisfaction, grew revenue/account share and played an integral role in several key contract negotiations
to ensure that operational solutions were adequately represented and understood by affiliates/clients/vendors.
AB&C Group Charles Town, West Virginia
Director, Client Services – Account Management (19981999)
Account Executive (19961997)
Shugoll Research Bethesda, Maryland
Project Manager (19951996)
United States Senate – Washington, DC
Sergeant of Arms Office (19951996)
iSky Columbia, Maryland
Account Manager (1992 – 1995)
Recruiter/Human Resources (1992)
DaytonHudson Corporation Grand Rapids, Michigan
Human Resources Representative (1990 – 1991)
Seasonal Sales Consultant (1986 – 1990)
Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Arts Degree: Business Administration
Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
CAPABILITIES, AFFILIATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
Scrum Alliance; CSPO
Agile for Agencies
PMI – Project Management Institute
AMA – American Management Association
Loudoun Animal Protection Society, Vice President
The Beastie Bazaar, President & Chairman
Wharton Executive Education