Natural resources of pakistan by Sohail Ahmed Solangi
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natural resources of pakistan by Sohail Ahmed Solangi
By :Sohail Ahmed
NATURAL RESOURCES OF
Rivers and Canals
The resources gifted by the nature to the
country and the people are called National
SOHAIL AHMED 2
• Fertile Plains and deserts are important part
of natural resources.
• More fertile plain a country has means more
• Allah has gifted many fertile plains to
• Pakistan Can Cultivate a number of different
SOHAIL AHMED 3
• Mountains are the gift of the nature.
• They protect from the cool winds
• Mountains are rich in minerals.
• Mountain provide water to our rivers.
• Mountains of Pakistan are rich in minerals
especially the Western Mountain Ranges.
SOHAIL AHMED 4
RIVERS AND CANALS
• The underground water, rivers and oceans are
• The river system of Pakistan is consisted of
Indus and other associated rivers.
• We use water for drinking purposes and store
the water of the rivers and use it for different
purposes like irrigation, for hydroelectricity etc.
SOHAIL AHMED 5
• They are helpful in improvement of weather
• Protect against windstorms
• Help in slow melting of snow to stop floods.
• Much More to explain
• Normally 25 percent area of a country should
be covered with forest. But in Pakistan it is
only 4 to 5 percent.
SOHAIL AHMED 6
• Animals provide milk, meat, hide and skins,
• They are also used for agriculture and
• They are a source of foreign exchange.
• Pakistan is Gifted by Nature a lot of Different
types of Animals
SOHAIL AHMED 7
The term Mineral Resource is used to refer to
any of a class of naturally occurring solid
inorganic substances with a characteristic
crystalline form and a homogeneous chemical
SOHAIL AHMED 8
MINERALS OF PAKISTAN
In Pakistan there is wide scale availability of
mineral resources, but these resources remained
unexploited for years. It is due to lack of
technical skill, finance and technology.
SOHAIL AHMED 9
IMPORTANT MINERALS OF PAKISTAN
• Natural Gas
• Iron ore
SOHAIL AHMED 10
• The annual coal production of Pakistan is 3.2
• Coal is used in power generation. It is basically
used as fuel.
• It is mostly found in Sindh (Thatta, Tharparkar,
Manara) Balochistan (Deegari, Maach), Punjab
(Makarwal, Dandot),NWFP (Cherat and Noshera).
SOHAIL AHMED 11
• It is itself a source of energy and fuel.
• Used as a source of power generation.
• It is found in Sui, Mari, Uch, Khairpur,
• Now some new discoveries are also found.
SOHAIL AHMED 12
• Iron Ore is used for industry, especially steel
• Its deposits are found in Chitral, Chaghai,
Kohat, Kurram Agency, Mardan, Hazara,
Mianwali (Kalabagh) and DG Khan.
SOHAIL AHMED 13
• Chromite is used in preparing other metals,
leather tanning, making of steel products,
armament and stainless steel.
• Found in Zoab (Muslim Bagh), Chaghai,
Malakand, Mahmand, Waziristan, Fort
SOHAIL AHMED 14
• Gypsum is used for plaster of Paris, Paints
• It is found in Jhelum, Mianwali, DG Khan,
Kohat and Loralai.
SOHAIL AHMED 15
• Sulphur is used by chemical industry.
• Its deposits are found in Kalat, Khairpur,
Mardan, and Jacobabad etc.
SOHAIL AHMED 16
• It is a major source of energy.
• It is mostly imported from Iran and Gulf
• Now some valuable reserves are found in
Jhelum, Mianwali, Attock, Balkasar, Mial,
Chakwal, and Dhodak.
SOHAIL AHMED 17
• It is the basic element for atomic power,
indispensable for the defence.
• Its deposits are in DG Khan, Hazara and
SOHAIL AHMED 18
Pakistan is blessed with considerable
mineral resources. Some of them are
explored but much remains to be done for
the search for more
SOHAIL AHMED 19
SOHAIL AHMED 20