Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed? 1
Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed? Then Put Something On, is based on Shereen’s book of the same name. The lessons encourage us put on the attributes of Jesus so others see God’s glory in us. Based on Colossians 3:12-17.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed? 1
Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed?
Then Put Something on.
• "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly
loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness,
humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other
and forgive whatever grievances you may have against
one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over
all these virtues put on love, which binds them all
together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in
your hearts, since as members of one body you were
called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ
dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one
another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns
and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all
in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the
Father through him." (Colossians 3:12-17)
Problem in the Garden
• One sin left Adam and Eve aware of their
• People would never be the same.
Physically, emotionally, mentally and
spiritually they had been protected, now
they were uncovered and vulnerable.
• Adam and Eve knew instantly that they
were naked and they hid from God.
• They tried to cover themselves with leaves. Not
an easy task.
• The leaves didn’t work so God clothed them.
• God knew that they could not handle life without
proper clothing. They were to be sent out of the
garden to encounter thorns and thistles. Leaves
wouldn’t hold up under the harsh conditions they
would be facing.
We Start Out Naked, Embarrassed,
We are spiritually naked and the best we can do
is to cover ourselves with spiritual fig leaves
and they aren’t enough.
It is embarrassing and difficult
to live life when we are
Without God and the clothing he provides,
we are exposed to the world and its pains,
and inadequately protected.
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life. It will produce
thorns and thistles for you, and you will
eat the plants of the field. By the sweat
of your brow you will eat your food…”
• "The Lord God made garments of skin for
Adam and his wife and clothed them."
• An animal had to be sacrificed. Blood was
spilled for the first time.
• The clothing was a constant reminder of
their sin, the sacrifice, and God’s amazing
• " You are all [daughters] of God through faith in
Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized
into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ."
• We have sinned. Jesus blood was spilled.
• By faith we have been clothed in the character of
Jesus, covered in amazing grace.
Deciding Daily to Wear It
Holy to the
• We have been clothed in God’s designer label.
• Nothing fits better.
• But this outfit is not super glued on. You must
decide to wear it daily.
• “Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who
stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so
that he may not go naked and be shamefully
exposed.” (Revelation 16:15)
Please join with me in ministry
Pray for God’s direction and new opportunities for my
teaching and speaking
Like my page on Facebook, Shereen Lashua
Visit my web page and blog shereenlashua.com
Feel free to contact me through the above or at
PO Box 6955
Goodyear, AZ 85338