How to influence a billion people?
The thumping victory of Narendra Modi led BJP at the 2014 - Indian General Elections, has not just silenced his adversaries but has left the world stunned. In a nation where more than 780 languages are spoken and thousands of rituals symbolizing countless religions are practiced, pulling off a success like this was Remarkable. The entire campaign was built on an engaging Communication platform that was powered by Technology and Analytics.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - How to influence a billion people?
The traditional advertising-led model is not working any
longer and conventional marketing techniques are failing.
Narendra Modi's campaign success proves the inevitability
of the Customer Value Maximization framework.
“Such a runaway mandate was not expected and
Newspapers headline screamed 'TsuNAMO'
comparing the Modi wave to an act of nature”
• The unprecedented success of Narendra Modi led BJP at the 2014-General elections, has not just
silenced his adversaries but has left the world stunned.
• Every brand today seeks the mandate from its consumers and the translation of a campaign to the
desired marketing goal is every marketers dream.
• Today's consumer has more disposable income, lesser time and infinite choices. And to keep up with
these consumers, marketers will have to embrace a whole new framework. A framework that has the
customer in the middle. A framework that focuses on the entire customer journey is cognizant of the
reality that customers interact across a number of touch points, and provides for a unified and
This is the Customer Value Maximization framework…
“Marketing transformation Customer Value
Maximization brings about are…”
FROM BRAND CENTRIC TO CUSTOMER CENTRIC
• Centralized customer interaction rules
• Strategic segment management
• Customer behavior analysis
• Optimized individual interactions
FROM INTERRUPT-BASED TO CUSTOMER-BASED
• Customer initiated real-time channels
• Automated preference adherence/response
• Automated real-time decision support
• Personalized treatments and offers
FROM AD-HOC TO CONSISTENT AND MEASURABLE
• Managed workflows and processes
• Creative collaboration and compliance enablement
• Real-time reporting across custom metrics
“Customer Value Maximization combines
Communication with Technology and Analytics that
converts marketing stimulus to desired outcomes”
“Modi the self made individual, with no self interest
who transformed Gujarat into a model state was a
remarkable core product”
• And this track record was the USP…. which he and his team had to sell to the average voter. But a
nation where more than 780 languages are spoken and thousands of rituals symbolizing countless
religions are practiced, evoking brand preference is every marketers nightmare.
• “Good marketing kills a bad product faster” nothing can be more truer than this. History is replete with
examples of how bad products like Pepsi Blue, Virgin Cola, Orkut, Zune et al. had an accelerated
mortality rate, thanks to great marketing. Hence to begin with one needs a good product, which
coupled with great marketing i.e. Customer Value Maximization produces remarkable results.
“Powered by Customer Value Maximization, the brand awareness to
salience to preference and eventual choice ‘Modi’ was achieved"
Need the full case study?
To know more about how Narendra Modi used
Communication, Analytics and Technology to
succeed in the parliamentary elections, please Click