Polycom V2IU 4300T Data Sheet
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Polycom V2IU 4300T Data Sheet
Polycom V2IU 4300T Series
Converged Network Appliance
Polycom V2IU 4300T Benefits Connect any way you want with an all-in-one networking
Simplifies Deployment Issues and security solution for your enterprise edge
• All in one network and security solution
for converged voice, video, data networks
• Offers either T1/E1 or Ethernet WAN The Polycom V2IU 4300T helps reduce costs by simplifying the deployment, management and security of
access router converged video, voice and data networks. To begin with, it helps resolve NAT/firewall traversal issues by
• Integrated four-port managed Ethernet performing video and voice NAT at the public/private IP address boundary, which eliminates the security risks
switch with VLAN support
of other traversal methods that tunnel or “obscure” video and voice traffic from existing perimeter security.
• Secures voice and video devices The Polycom V2IU 4300T employs a stateful packet inspection firewall in combination with an application
• Application layer gateway H.323 video,
layer gateway, providing comprehensive application-aware security. This approach enables the Polycom
SIP, and MGCP voice that resolves
NAT/firewall traversal issues V2IU 4300T to dynamically provision and close TCP and UDP ports as needed by video and voice endpoints.
• Dynamic access control list simplifies
setup + operation Optimizing the quality of your video and voice calls is easy, as the Polycom V2IU 4300T routes video and
voice traffic via the shortest path possible to minimize jitter, latency, and packet loss. At the same time,
Optimizes Video and Voice Quality
• Routes media shortest path bandwidth not in use by video or voice is made available so that data traffic can burst up to full line rate,
• Video and voice call admission control maximizing WAN bandwidth. It also maximizes access link utilization while optimizing video and voice
prevents congestion of priority traffic quality using prioritization, traffic shaping, call admission control, and diffserv marking/policing.
• Traffic management: priority queuing,
traffic shaping and diffserv
marking/policing For small and medium office connectivity, the Polycom V2IU 4300T provides an Ethernet WAN port and
• Supports up to 3 Mbps of traffic in any software-selectable, integrated T1 CSU/DSU or E1 interface This allows you to use it either as your WAN
combination of voice, video, or data
access router, or install it behind an existing WAN access router.
The Polycom V2IU 4300T series enables you to access the power of Polycom unified collaborative
With the greatest breadth and depth of integrated video, voice, and Web solutions, only Polycom delivers
the ultimate communications experience. Our market-leading conferencing and collaboration technologies,
supported by world-class service, enable people and organizations to maximize their effectiveness and
productivity. Add to that the most experience and proven best practices in the industry, and it's clear why
Polycom has become the smart choice for organizations seeking a strategic advantage in a real-time world.
To learn more about Polycom's Converged and Secure UCC Initiative, please go to www.polycom.com.
Connect. Any Way You Want.
Polycom V2IU 4300T Series Specifications
WAN Interfaces Software Features
T1 Video and Voice
• Framing: ESF • SIP, MGCP and H.323 application layer gateway enables a single public IP address to be
• Line coding: B8ZS used for multiple endpoints
• Line build out: 0,-7.5,-15dB • Shortest path routing for media optimizes video and voice quality
• Framing: CRC4 Double Frame • Class based queuing/prioritization
• Line encoding: HDB3 • Diffserv marking and policing
• Signaling: CAS • Traffic shaping
• 120 Ohm balanced interface, RJ48C • Video and voice call admission control prevents oversubscription of priority queue
• 10/100 Mbps • Stateful packet inspection firewall
• Auto-sensing, full or half duplex • Application layer gateway dynamically provisions and closes UDP ports used for video and
WAN Protocols • IPSec: 3DES, SHA-1
• NAT/PAT server hides enterprise LAN topology
• Frame relay Passive Call Quality Monitoring (voice only)
• HDLC • Per call statistics include mean opinion score (average and minimum), jitter, latency, packet
loss and much more
LAN Interfaces • Alarms for poor MOS scores
• Active call count indicators
• 4 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports
• Auto-sensing, full or half duplex Product ID
• Managed switch supports VLAN 802.1Q tagging and forwarding for up to 16 unique
VLAN Ids • 2583-22562-001
Dimensions V2IU 4300T-E3 NAT/ firewall traversal unit for small to medium enterprise locations. This
• Height 1.7”, Width 10”, Depth 7” model includes a four-port 10/100 Ethernet switch, integrated T1 CSU/DSU WAN interface,
• Weight: 2 lbs. or 1x 10/100 Ethernet WAN interface with capacity of ~9 session @384kbps.
• External power brick: 12V, 3.0A
• FCC Part 15 (Class B) and Part 68, UL, cUL, CE, Industry Canada ICES-003 and IC-CS03
• HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, SNMPv1/V3
• Syslog support
©2005 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved.
Polycom and the Polycom logo are registered trademarks of Polycom, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Polycom Headquarters: 4750 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (T) 1.800.POLYCOM (765.9266) for North America only.
For North America, Latin America and Caribbean (T) +1.925.924.6000, (F) +1.925.924.6100
Polycom EMEA: 270 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX, (T) +44 (0)1753 723000, (F) +44 (0)1753 723010
Polycom Asia Pacific:IVCi 180 Adams Avenue, Hauppauge, NY 11788 | 800-224-7083 | www.ivci.com
Part No. 3726-17281-001 Rev. 4/05