National education policy 2010 (Bangladesh)
Education in its broadest, general sense is the means through which the aims and habits of a group of people lives on from one generation to the next. Education is the formal process by which society deliberately transmits its accumulated knowledge, skills, customs and values from one generation to another.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - National education policy 2010 (Bangladesh)
National Education Policy 2010
• Aims and objectives
Education in its broadest, general sense is the
means through which the aims and habits of a
group of people lives on from one generation to
Education is the formal process by which society
deliberately transmits its
accumulated knowledge, skills, customs and
values from one generation to another.
Aims and objectives
These terms are used in a technical sense and it is important for all
teaching staff to be aware of their meanings. Broadly speaking, all
educational purposes can be defined in one of two ways:
(a) What it is intended that the teacher will do (an aim or a teacher-
(b) What it is intended that the student will have learnt, or will be able
to do, as a result of a learning experience, (an objective or learning
Pre-Primary and Primary Education
A one-year pre-primary schooling must be
introduced for 5+ children. Later,this will be
extended up to 4+ children.
Primary Level (years 1 to 5)
The primary and secondary levels of education
are controlled by the seven General Education
Adult and Non-Formal Education
There exists a substantial number of NGO-run
non-formal schools, catering mainly to the drop-
outs of the government and non-government
primary schools. email@example.com
Vocational and Technical Education
The secondary level of education will include Classes IX to XII. Six region-based
Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education are responsible for conducting
the two public examinations, SSC and HSC, in addition to granting recognition to
non-government secondary schools.
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is responsible for the planning,
development, and implementation of technical and vocational education in the
country. Curriculum is implemented by BTEB.
The large registered secondary madrasa sector in
Bangladesh is the outcome of many years of reform
where financial incentives have been used to induce
madrasas to include market-oriented subjects in the
curriculum and alter policy to admit female
Religious and Moral Education
Students will be encouraged to acquire noble
virtues, honesty and courage.
The purpose of higher education is to generate and
innovate knowledge, at the same time to build up a
Modern age is the age of science and technology.
academic curricula of Engineering will have to
undergo substantial changes in the 21st century.
Medical, Nursing and Health Education
Medical profession is characteristically more
sensitive and is related to the Physical, mental sickness
that concern the issues of life and death.
Since the study of science is closely
related to maths, special emphasis will
be given to the learning of maths .
Information and Technology
Technology can play a vital role in the
eradication of corruption by bringing in
transparency in the state machinery.
C reate skilled human resources as lower, middle and higher rank officers,
executives,managers, accountants in accordance to the needs of variable size
of organi z ations.
Bangladesh is an agro-based country. Agricultural development can be defined as
the planned development and management of crops, livestock,fisheries and
forestry of the country.
Study of law is very important in order to establish the rule of law according to
the C onstitution and to create responsible citizens.
Women’s can play their roles in the socio-
economicdevelopment of the country through self-
employment or being employed in variousPositions.
F ine Arts and Crafts education includes music, painting, arts and crafts,
recitation, acting, dancing, body language etc.
Fine Arts and Crafts Education
Special Education, Health and Physical Education,
Scout, Girls’ G uide and Bratachari
Special education will be provided to the acutely handicapped children
who cannot fulfill the demands of daily life due to their physical or mental
Sport & Development’ refers to the use of sport as a tool for development
A library is considered to be the mirror of civilization. It is considered to be the
soul of an educational institution.
Examination and Evaluation
Examination and evaluation is a regulatory system through which the success
of a student in achieving the comprehensive goals of education is measured.
Admission of the Students
All pubic universities will formulate appropriate rules and conduct a
centralized selection test. In principle, there will be no admission test for
Students' Welfare and Counseling Enrollment
Determine and implement effective systems directed toward the
development of academic environment in the primary and secondary
schools and also to create animproved environment for higher education.
The existing teachers’ training system of our country is very traditional,
insufficient, certificatebased, loaded with theoretical knowledge, incomplete in
practical learning, based on rote learning and conventional testing system.
Status, Rights and Responsibilities of Teachers
Curriculum, Syllabus and Textbooks
This Board is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of
Education (MoE). It is responsible for the development of curriculum,
production and distribution of textbooks at primary, secondary and
higher secondary levels.
The proper dignity of teachers everywhere from the primary to the highest
level is a very important factor. Steps will be taken to reorganize the status,
dignity, facilities and responsibilities of teachers of all levels.
surveys on demand and supply of technical expertise and educational
qualification in the job market have to be undertaken as early as possible
and these are to be continued on a regular basis after a certain period.
Some Special Initiatives to be taken
regardless of Educational Levels
For the overall development of education and expansion of educational
facilities for the citizens, and strengthening of implementation of
appropriate programs and projects, it is essential to update educational
• Education is very important matter of all the time it every states of
• The pre-primary education is important to develop a child from
• This education provided to all illiterate male and female population
who are between 15 to 45 years.
• The secondary level of education will include Classes IX to XII.
• In every upazilla one technical education institute should established
for the expansion of technical education.
• The madrasa education system should including the compulsory
subjects like ( Bangla, English, Moral Science, Bangladesh Studies,
General Mathematics, Social Environment etc.)
• The students should encourage acquiring noble virtues, honesty and
courage. They should infuse with patriotic spirit.
• English will be taught as a compulsory subject at the degree level of all colleges
• There is a need for modern technology to cope with the changing
socioeconomic environment, development, production and management
• The demand for nursing profession has been increasing day by day at home
and abroad specially at IUBAT.
• Science education are necessiary to our real life.
• Information techolology will not be limit in modern science.
• Business Studies education on the basis of the demand of industries, trade and
service-oriented organizations and their prospective development.
• New action research will be undertaken by Bangladesh Agricultural University.
• The duration of Masters' degree course in law will be of two years.
• Women confident their position will be rise.
• Fine Arts and crafts will be introduced at the primary and secondary levels as
an optional subject. (E.g. Dancing Music Art e.t.c.)
• Syllabus of physical education will be made flexible, standardized, modernand
scientific depending on the age and ability of every student of each and every
• Sports education should updated in tune with the demands of the modern
• Country should build up libraries and information centers.
• There will be a uniform evaluation system for public and private universities.
• There should a standard medical centre at every college and university with
the provision for primary health services.
• Admission test process will be completed within one month after the
publication of the result of HSC examination.
• primary and secondary level teachers must take part in courses of C-in-Ed and
B.Ed within three years of joining their post.
• Teachers must responsibly carry out their professional and other duties.
• At primary and secondary levels must be attractive and printed carefully and
free distribution of those on schedule will be ensured.
• The organization to the education ministry, ministries related to education
and University Grants Commission, should help them implement the
National Education Policy.
• All educational institutions, regardless of their levels and types, must be
registered with appropriate authority.
Education is the basic part of a nation.
Education is compulsory for lifelong. Poverty
illiteracy, corruption, communalism and
backwardness and build up a developed and