Ppt on Namdhari fresh did in JrMsc In Dr VekatReddi sir .
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Namdhari fresh
M.Sc. Agri Econ
CASE STUDIES IN MARKETIG
The Indian context
PHI Learning Private Limited –New Delhi
Case 1:HMT-Machine Tools Division
Case 2:Oilseeds Growers Cooperative Society
Case 3:Retailing, Advertising ,Marketing and Merchandising
Case 4:HMT Watches
Case 5:Bharat Heavy Electricals limited
Case 6:Bharat Earth Movers Limited
Case 7 :BPL Colour Television
Case 8:Indian Garments
Case 9: IDE Drip Irrigation System for Micro irrigation
PART 2-INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
Case 10:Infosys Technology Limited
Case 11:I.Flex Solutions –Analysis of an International Marketing Firm
Case 12:Gillette India
Case 13:SAP India
Case 14:Global Marketing in Wipro-Growing in Strength
Case 15:Ace Designers
Case 16:Mysore Sales International limited
Case 17:New Government Electric Factory Limited Bangalore
PART 3- SERVICES MARKETING
• Case 18:Hotel Taj West End ,Bangalore
• Case 19: Credit Card Business of Standard Chartered Bank
• Case 20 : Karnataka State tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) Ltd.
• Case 21 Hotel Ashok ,Bangalore
• Case 22:East –West Airlines-A failed Experience
• Case 23: Sterling Holiday Resorts
• Case 24: Thomas Cook- To Be or Not To Be?
• Case 25:Namdhari’s fresh
• Case 26:DaimlerChrysler
• Case 27:Charter Aviation Services
• Case 28:Café Coffee Day
India's first GLOBAL-GAP Certified Company.
Customer safety is a prime importance and the core of Quality
Ensures freshness to consumer.
Bird view of Head Office at Bidadi, Bangaluru.
Uragahalli, Ramanagara, Taluk,
Telephone: +91 -9845471271 /
• Namdhari's Fresh, a unit of Namdhari Seeds started in
year 2000 at Bangalore - 'The Garden City of India',
with a view to export fresh vegetables and provide a
premium quality produce to domestic customers.
Namdhari Seeds is a market leader in Indian Vegetable
Seed Industry and a leading Exporter of Vegetables and
• Presently, more than 40 different vegetables and fruits are being
cultivated by Namdhari's Fresh at various productions centers across the
• The different agro-climatic zones enable us to produce most vegetables
all round the year.
• European standards of Good Agriculture Practices (GAP) are strictly
followed at production level.
Namdhari's Fresh handles more than thousand tons of fresh vegetables
and fruits at domestic and International market.
Produces are mainly destined to Europe, Australia and the Middle East.
Namdhari's Fresh would be India's first company to receive the GLOBAL-GAP
certificate, which is an assurance for our high quality standards.
• With the Blessings of His Holiness Shri Satguru
Jagjit Singh Ji, Namdhari Seeds has made a mark
with itself in the Seed Industry widely as one of
the largest distributors of vegetable seeds in India.
• Namdhari Seeds is also a leading Exporter of
Vegetable and Flower seeds to Europe, Japan,
U.S.A, Western Asia and South East Asia.
• They also a proud recipient of Best Exporter
Award from Govt. of Karnataka & Govt. of India
and are designated as an "Export House".
• After the success in seed world, Namdharis have diversified into the
production, distribution and export of fresh vegetables & fruits under
the name "Namdhari's Fresh".
• Namdhari's Fresh is also involved in natural farming to produce and
supply Organic Vegetables and Fruits in the International market with
the blessings of His Holiness Shri Satguru Ji, who himself is a strong
believer of organic farming.
• At present the EC directive is being followed and the produce is grown in
an Environmentally Friendly way.
UNINTERRUPTED COLD CHAIN
• To ensure the freshness of the vegetables till it reaches the consumer, the
company is having a continuous cold chain network right from the produce is
• The harvested vegetables are transported in refrigerated trucks, which also
helps in the removal of field heat.
• From the refrigerated trucks, the vegetables are transferred to the pre-cooling
• Thus the uninterrupted cold chain network makes Namdhari's Fresh to deliver
the quality vegetables with optimum freshness.
• Traceability- Customer safety is the prime concern.
• Minimum use of chemical pesticides is the core of their Quality Policy.
• For crop protection, they rely on the bio agents, and other Integrated
Pest Management practices rather than the conventional
indiscriminate use of pesticides.
The quality control systems are such that the
products are checked and rechecked right from the
field, grading and packing and during shipment, which
makes it possible to meet the high quality standards
of Europe and other developed nations.
• Namdhari also performs shelf life test of the produce under different
temperature conditions, whose results will be used to improve the shelf
life of the produce.
• The packing section is being geared up to a hygienic handling so that
the consumers receive a clean, hygienic product.
• Wholesale: Apart from the export and retailing, They also supplying
fresh vegetables and fruits to Institutional customers like star Hotels and
NAMDHARI’S MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE
• They focus on quality and the message they want to communicate to
the society about the hazards of consuming fruits and vegetables that
are grown by intensive utilization of pesticides will them the
confidence of their customers.
• They focus more on the loyalty factor of customers and target those
quality-conscious customer segment.
• 86.36% of the customers said that goods were in stock whenever
they visit Namdahri’s Fresh ,while 13.63 % pointed that goods were
out of stock .
• Most of the customers who found the goods out of stock were
evening visitors of the store.
• Namdhari’s generally fills the stock of vegetables at 7 am.
• 72.72% of the customers felt that the price of Namdhari’s Fresh was higher
then its competitors.
• 86.36% of the customers maintained that the quality was better then
• 81.81% of the customers were of the opinion that the store layout was
• According to the customers, the categorization and segregation of fruits
and vegetable made easy .
• 50.01% of the customers said that check out quite fast in the store and
40.95% did not care whether the check out was fast.
1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr
Namdhari ‘s has the best
Namdhari ‘ s,Food
,Reliance World ,Nilgiris
have equal quality
Niligiris is better then Namdharis
The characteristics of the customer segments are
Income :High income group ,family size –
small (3-4 members)
Age: Across all the age groups
It also provide home delivery and credit system to
• Two negative gaps are found
1)With respect to the employees knowledge of best processes of
Namdhari’s Fresh :
Many customers felt that when asked about the products such as skimmed
milk and other processed products ,store helper were unable to either point
to the location of the product or help in finding it and also biological agent
used ,and using less amount of pesticide.
2)Quality aspects of vegetables and fruits.
When purchased and left outside without being placed in refrigerator,
become soft and lost their freshness in period of 12 hours .
Perceived Expected P-E
Employees' are knowledgeable
about process and quality
3.77 4 -0.23
Company’s products are high
4.45 5 -0.55
Difference b/w organic and
3.045 3 0.045
Employees understand my
needs and responds
3.36 3 0.36
Visually appealing ambience 4.18 4 0.18
Namdhari’s fresh should work on these negative gaps