Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pomo identity
Who are we?
David Frost Tony Blair Brian Clough
Within the last 4 years, thisWelsh actor has
played/impersonated 3 of the most iconic figures in
His latest incarnations includeThe White Rabbit in
Tim Burton’s adaptation of LewisCarrol’s ‘Alice in
Wonderland’ and Aro in the ‘Twilight’ saga.
How is he a perfect postmodern actor?
Is he in danger of being typecast as impersonators
of ‘real’ people?
Is this style of media the future – where we just see
observed caricatures of society?
Argue: Is it frightening if we consider him to have
lost his identity or is it empowering that we are able
to take on the identities of others?
Who are you?
Research the history of the games Call of Duty
(and ModernWarfare), Club Penguin and Sims
etc. DO NOT PRINTTHINGS OFFWIKIPEDIA!
Be prepared to answer questions such as:
▪ How were characters designed and defined in games 20, 15,
10 years ago?
▪ How are avatars used in games now?
▪ Are we the people behind the screen or the figures on the
▪ How has online gaming taken the avatar and our identities to
a new level?
▪ What is next for the gaming industry?