Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NatJan Presentation
Digital & Natjan
A breakdown of the web and its possible roles
What the web is.
• A publishing medium
• A branding opportunity
• A customer service opportunity
• An opportunity to _____. It's a ﬂexible
• Dominated by the people
What the web is not.
• An instantly gratifying strategy
• Possible to tame
• Easy to win at
The pillars of web
• User experience
• Social engagement
• Search engine clout
• Understand your audience and what they
• Don't sacriﬁce information architecture,
• You cannot control external information,
only preempt it
• User experience is both art and science
• Science: human perception, browsing
patterns, visual meaning
• Art: aesthetics, interactivity. Caters to the
science of ux
• One punchy message
• Copywriting is king
• Brand in a vacuum: cater to who you are
and who your quintessential client/
• Brand to cut out less favorable clients,
include your dream ones
• This is the customer service opportunity
• Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
• Listen to your target market, gain insight
• Converse with target market, gain
• Publish compelling content, gain authority
Search engine clout
• How you write copy.
• How you code.
• Who you link to, who links to you
• Are you original?
• Are you smart, funny, likable...hateable?
• Do you create consistent content
• Do you give users ways to share
• Do you give people a reason to share your
Let's talk strategy
• How does Natjan currently ﬁt into the pillars
of web presence?
• What business metrics is Natjan trying to
• Can digital get us there? What are possible
• Limits: refer to what the web does and does
not do. Technical limits: assume none.
• Natjan has an opportunity to capture
market clout with web branding and
authoritative content...SM potential?
Speak at conferences!
• Natjan's cleaning company needs
branding, SEO, presence in web
Business in a Box
• Build with Wordpress: easily themeable,
can manage many sites, edit content
• Concern: tech support to companies a
large undertaking, need to establish