Dining out at the best restaurant in Hanoi, Press Club
Sunday Viet Nam News picks up our best restaurant in Hanoi Press Club's Lunch Buffet among the top options to dine out in Hanoi.
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Dining out at the best restaurant in Hanoi, Press Club
Published by l. '
Vietnam News Agency
hllpr/ /I/ ieln.1mnews. vn
Giving is receiving
Volunteers of a project that makes
and sells meals at very affordable
prices to needy people find that .
charity work considerably
enhances their sense of well—being.
Pham H5ng Hai never hesitates to
take extreme risks to help fellow
fishermen in danger, but remains
unassuming and unaffected by the
adulation that ensues.
.3 , 2:}!
Stuck on a rooftop amidst swirling
floodwaters, Huynh Phuong D6
saw the Buddha in drifting bamboo
roots showing him the way to forge
ahead in life.
I I '1‘. II II I I l
THE NATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE DAILY
November 9, 2014
Volume XXIV, Number 8301
28 pages, VND6,UUO
_r uman trafficking across the nation's borders remains
l. la serious problem despite efforts to protect vulnera-
ble sections of the population. Poignant stories of victims
highlight the difficulties involved in tackling this crime.
5, An event to remember
Hosts Australia see the
eleventh cricket World Cup
“ as the biggest sporting event
I in the country since the
2000 Sydney Olympics.
R E G U LA RS
F TALK AROUND TOWN 4
F INNER SANCTUM 5
F CARTOONS 19
I“. DINING OUT 23
[i TEED OFF 25
ress reader P
p —. c
With chef Raphael Szurek from JW Marriott Ha Noi Hotel
Roasted Frog Legs with Light Garlic cream and Parsley Jus
his week, chef Szurek brings you a natural ingredients from one of the hotels signature
dishes, roasted frog legs. Enjoy the taste!
Ingredients: serves 4
For the frog legs:
- 24 pcs frog legs - 100g flour - salt/ pepper to taste - 1 tsp olive oil - 2 tsp butter
For the garlic cream:
- 150g peeled garlic - 150ml cream - 150ml milk - salt/ pepper to taste
For the parsley jus:
- 75g curly parsley
For the garnish:
- Chervil leaves
To make frog legs:
your guide to
Sofltel Plaza Hanoi
1 Thanh Nién Rd, Tel: (04) 38238838
- Enjoy delicate flavour of Chef Ken's special soup
with double boiled abalone, black chicken and
- Embrace the seasonal transitions with an explosion
of flavours varying from chicken hotpot, roasted veal,
honey baked ham, roasted lamb leg, to beef welling-
- Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet features festive delights
ranging from the traditional roast turkey, pumpkin pie.
and apple pie to the tempting lobster and salmon,
VNBB80,000++/ adult, VND550.000++/ child, Nov 27.
Song Hong Bar
- All About Burgers: Savour a last meal with the
October culinary treats including beef burger. chicken
burger, fish burger, and nutritious veggie burger, at
Press Club Hanoi
12 Ly Dao Thanh St, Tel: (04) 39340888
- Thanksgiving lunch & dinner features traditional set
menu, VND880,000++/ person, Nov 27.
- Takeaway for the holiday: Pick up one of the meals
to serve your family: Whole Roast Tom Turkey
(VND2,850,000++), Honey-Ginger Ham
(VNE>1,9B0.000++). Feppered Roast Australian Beef
Strip Loin (VND2,850,000++). All meals serve
between 8 and 10 people.
- Chef's Recommended seafood menu, till Dec 30,
- Classic Piano Dinner: New dining experience with
live piano entertainment, 7-9pm, Sat-Wed
- Buffet lunch at VNE)28B,00O++lperson, A compli-
mentary drink (choice of beer, mineral water or soft
drink), Mon-Fri, 11.30am-2pm.
- "Flavours of Spain" presents special Spanish dishes,
Nov 17-23. Each one get a complimentary glass of
Marques De Caceres Rioja.
- Daily 3-course set menu at VND2B8,000++/ person,
- Champagne Friday Jazz: every Fri, 5-10pm.
Premium Champagne, live entertainment with iazz
music from 6.30-8.30pm.
- Weekend Pizza: Buy one, get one pizza free. Eat in,
take away or order for delivery, Sat&Sun.
10 Nam Ngif St, Tel: (04) 39424509
- Lunch menu introduces a collection of sophisticated-
cooked dishes. Starter + Main or Salad or Pasta +
Dessert at VND365.000.
- Paris-Ha Noi menu presents a selection of tradition-
ally well-known French dishes. Different choices of
three courses, starter + main + dessen, at
- Gastronomique menu offers a truly French meal with
the originally subtle style of French cuisine, Different
choices of three courses, starter 4- main + dessert, at
~ Dégustation menu features the quintessence of
French cuisine. Different choices of three courses.
starter + main + dessert, at VNB1,390,000.
Nlkko Hanoi Hotel
64 Tran Nhan Tong St, Tel: (04) 38223535
- Seafood lunch buffet with lobster, Nov 25,
VND555,000++/ person. Free flow of wine, draught
- Monday international
- Seafood dinner buffet with lobster on Sats.
22 Sunday Viﬁt Nam News — NOVEMBER 9, 2014
- 100ml chicken stock
- Demi glace or brown sauce
- Debone the frog legs and keep the upper bone
(like a little ham).
- Season with salt and pepper, then flour the legs.
- In a pan, heat up olive oil and sear the frog legs
to obtain nice golden brown colour
- Finish with foamy butter and reserve
To make garlic cream:
— In a pot, add the peeled garlic cloves and cover
with cream and milk.
— Slow cook on the side of the stove until garlic is . w
- Blend, strain, season with salt and pepper and
To make parsley ius:
- Clean and wash the parsley.
- In a pot, bring chicken stock to boil.
- Add parsley and cook until parsley leaves are
- Blend, strain, and season the leaves.
- On a plate, plate 6 dots of garlic cream.
- Place one frog leg on the top of each dot
- Garnish with parsley jus, chervil leaves and demi glace.
You can sample the dish at JW Marriott Ha Ndi, 8 D6 Diic Duo Read, Me Trl Ward, South
T17 Liém, Ha Nt_5i. Tel. +84 4 3833 5588.
Flavour of the Week
Press Club presents new
global lunch menu
The Press Club is offering flavors
from around the world with Executive
Chef Guillaume Guertin's new
Every day from Monday to Friday
the lunchtime buffet offers either a new
cuisine or a new culinary theme to
attract guests to downtown Ha Noi.
The French Bistro features beef
bourguignon, chicken basquaise, and
boneless leg of lamb at a carving sta-
and roasted beef striploin,
- Sunday brunch buffet. VND460,000++/ person,
Sunday dinner international buffet,
- Special 4-course lunch set menu on Sats: Pasta set
at VNE>280,000++/ person, Monthly set at
Taoli Chinese Restaurant
- Weekend dim sum lunch buffet, VND420,000++/ per-
son, Sat&Sun, Come 4 pay 3, for advance reservation
- "All You Can Eat Dim Sum" lunch menu,
VNI-3350.000»/ person, Mon-Fri,
Benkay Japanese Restaurant
- Monthly Kaiseki set menu created with the freshest
seasonal product and imported ingredients,
Green Tangrlne - French Restaurantﬂtcafé
48 Hang as St, Tel: (04) 38251286
- Enjoy a choice of 2 different dishes for VNE)218,000
or a full meal for VND305,000,
Hanoi Daewoo Hotel
360 Kim ME St, Tel: (04) 33315000
- Swim ‘n Dine Buffet Promotion: Enjoy a lavish pool-
side BBQ buffet with an array of succulent delicacies,
premium meat, served with delicious salads and vari-
ous sweet temptations from dessert station. Reserve
table, from 3 to 20 guests, and on the day enioy free
use of the largest swimming pool in town
VND676,000++/ adult, VND401,000++/ child,
- Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet features delicacies
such as traditional special Turkey chicken, pumpkin
bread, fried beef as well as delicious main dishes, irre-
sistible desserts, live music performance,
VND591,000++/ adult, VND338,000++/ child. Nov 27,
Silk Road Restaurant
- A selection of dishes made from fresh and nutritious
oyster and grouper fish such as steamed oyster with
garlic sauce, grilled oyster with cheese, oyster sashi-
tion, and the chef's buffet with pork cordon bleu, barramundi with sun-dried tomato sauce,
The Italian buffet features cold out platters, shifts gears for minestrone soup and
lasagna, fish saltimbocca, and eggplant cannelloni.
The Asian buffet has tom yum soup from Thailand, phéi from Viet Nam, stir-fry from
China, curry from India, and vegetables from Russia.
The ocean buffet serves shrimp, clam, clear crab soup, and grilled barramundi.
The lunch is priced at VND288,000++ and includes a soft drink, mineral water, or beer.
For further information, contact the Press Club at 59A Ly Thai T6 Street, Ha Noi, Tel:
mi, grilled grouper fish with grass lemonachili sauce,
deep-fried grouper fish with salt&pepper, grouper fish
congee in clay pot. steamed grouper fish in Hong-
Kong style. Oyster at VND60,000/piece, grouper fish
at VND1 million/ kg.
44 Ly Thudng Kiet St, Tel: (04) 39343343
- Authentic dinners with Mediterranean cuisine every
Tue and Latin America flavour on Thu, from 6-10pm.
- Seafood buffet every Sat and Sun, from 6-10pm.
- Ha Noi Food Promotion presents the authenticity of
Ha Noi's cuisine.
19 Lam Son Square, Dist 1. Tel: (08) 38234999
- The culinary art of two-star Michelin Chef Thierry
Drapeau from Nov 18-23.
Saigon Saigon Bar
- Hot Dog Heaven with four irresistible flavours: Onion
Cheese. Mexican, German and Bacon Wrap,
VND298,000++, Nov 22-28.
17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong St, Dist 1, Tel: (08) 38232221
Shang Palace Restaurant
- Herbal cuisine features a range of nutritious dishes
combined with different kinds of herbs. Signature dish-
es includes Double Boiled Stone Fish&Herb Soup.
Sauteed Scallops with Fresh Ginseng, Stewed
Chicken Casserole with Cordycep Flowers, Sauteed
Prawns with Wo| fberry&Spinach Puree, and Stewed
Goat Rib Casserole with Mixed Chinese
Park Hyatt Saigon
2 Lam Son Square, Dist 1, Tel: (08) 33241234
- Thanksgiving dinner features roasted turkey and tradi-
ﬂonal pumpkin pie. slow-roasted turkey board (serves for
2 persons or more), VND825,000++/ person.
- Canadian Live Lobster set dinner menu features
French Classic Thermidor. sauteé in Mediterranean
style, crispy fried chunks with Vietnamese mango
salad. 1 whole piece per serving,
- Sweet slice of Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving, comple-
menfed by an appletini, VND220,000++.
242 Trén Blnh Trong St, Dist 5, Tel: (08) 38397777
- Saturday Seafood Buffet dinner at
VNE>840,000++/ adult, half price for kids from 6-12.
free for kids under 6.
- Ala carte dim sum menu offers over 30 dishes from
VNE)4B,000++/ basket, lunch, Mon-Fri
- "Eat All You Can" dim sum buffet.
VND338,000++/ adult, lunch, every Sat-Sun.
The Reverie Saigon
22-36 Nguyen Hue
Tel: (05) 38236688
Romeo&Ju| iet - Italian Lounge&Restaurant
~ Set menu 5-course dinner at VNEJ888,000++
Sofltei Saigon Plaza
17 Le Dua’n Boulevard. Dist 1. Tel: (08) 38241555
- New a la carte menu by executive chef Sakai.
Saigon Steak 123 Restaurant
123 Lé Ldi Avn. Dist 1, Tel: (08) 39140747
- Experienced chef create signature menus featuring
Wagyu, Australian and American beef, and traditional
Windsor Plaza Hotel
18 An Duong Vudng St, Dist 5, Tel: (08) 38336688
Cafe Central An Dong
- Thanksgiving feast features traditional favourites like
roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, roasted sweet pota-
toes, and sweet pumpkin crumble, Nov 27.
- Lunch buffet Mon-Sat at VND318,0i)0++/ person.
on Sun and holidays at VNB338,000++/ person.
Dinner buffet Mon-Fri at VND4B8.000++/ person.
on Sat, Sun and holidays at VNB545,000++/ per-
- International or Vietnamese buffet or set menu with
3-hour free flow Krombacher draught beer and soft
drinks, VND600,000++/ person
- 4-course Thanksgiving dinner, VND688,000++/ person.
Ngan Blnh Chinese Restaurant
- Gold Medal Suckling Pig at VND788,000++/ whole
and VND398,D00++/ half.
- Special dim sum lunch set for 4 persons at
Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon
2A-4A Ton Dilc Théng St, Dist 1, Tel: (08) 38233333
- Daily international buffet at VND420,000++/ person
for breakfast, VND550,000++/ person for lunch,
VNE)B90,000++/ person for dinner.
54 Le Thanh Ton Sf, Dist 1, Tel: (08) 38292079
- Swiss chefs offer traditional Swiss cuisine like veal
sausage, cheese fondue, rosti, and raclette, 11am-
2pm and 5-11pm, Tue-Sun.
Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon
8-15 Ton Dtfc Théng St, Dist 1, Tel: (08) 38220033
- Sky BBQ features sausages, beef steaks, pork
steaks, crab, prawns, chicken and more, every
Thu&Fri, till Dec 30. 6-10pm, VND680,000++/ person
- A roast Turkey on the run dinner with choice of 3
condiments. 2 sauces, and 1 bottle of house wine.
Nov 27-Dec 31, VND2,250,000 net/ turkey set. 24
hours prior order is required
Boulevard, Dist 1,
. 'i€[iizilIil€WS. .'ii
Printed aria dlsuibuved uy msmuaerx
Lpress reader Pvesxlleadel. (am «» of sin 27: Min