Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pooja_Mankani_Resume
2951 S King Drive, Chicago IL 60616 (812) 581 5307 firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/poojamankani
Dedicated, consistent and a zealous graduate student at Illinois Institute of Technology enthusiastic to take up complex tasks and learn
new technologies. Established and demonstrated a strong technical foundation by being a preeminent Computer Science undergraduate and a
meticulous Senior Software Engineer for 5 years, with experience in Database Management, Data Analytics, Web application development,
Software Design Analysis, Software Testing and Software Project Management.
Actively seeking a Software Engineering Internship / Co-op opportunity which will help me utilize my professional experience and
knowledge gained through my work and education. As a skilled professional I commit to apply my skills effectively and productively to analyze
complex technical and functional real time problems and come up with multiple solutions and thus prove to be an asset to the organization.
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL Masters in Computer Science GPA 3.66/4 (Graduation Due) May 2017
Pune University India BE in Computer Science GPA 3.5/4 (Graduated) June 2010
Coursework: Data Structures and Files, Programming Paradigms and Methodology, Operating System, Computer Networks, Information
Retrieval, Online Social Network Analysis, Advanced Database Organization, Cloud Computing, Data Integration and Warehousing, Design
analysis and algorithms, Game Theory, Machine Learning, Software Project Management, Software Testing and Analysis
Programming Languages : C, Python, Java, Perl, MATLAB
Database : Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Mobile App Development : Phonegap, Android SDK, AVD Emulator
Operating System : Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux, Android OS
Testing Tools : IBM Rational Performance & Functional Tester, HP Loadrunner
Tools : Toad, Adobe Campaign, BMC Remedy, JIRA, Appworx, MySQL Workbench, PHP myadmin
Version Control : SVN, ClearCase, Github
Tieto Software Technologies Senior Software Engineer Sep 2014 - July 2015
● Developed and monitored Customer loyalty software application in Oracle thus improved the sales of Finnish Retail stores by 40%
Google Mobile Developer Freelancer (Part time) Sep 2012 - Jul 2013
● Developed and deployed 15 mobile applications on Google Play using Phonegap, HTML, jQuery and PHP
KPIT Cummins Technology Ltd. Senior Software Engineer Jul 2010 - Sep 2014
● Developed application software in Oracle Database (9i, 10g, 11g) and Developer Suite (6i, 10g, 11g) to automate the Cummins Engine
failure tracking and providing customer satisfaction to end users. Upgraded Oracle applications and database to higher version.
● Used testing tools like HP Loadrunner, IBM RFT and RPT to evaluate and improve application performance.
● Involved in requirement gathering, design, development, testing and deployment to deliver top notch software quality.
● Managed a team to provide on-call support to achieve 98% customer satisfaction post software deployment.
Performance Evaluation Benchmarking on Cloud Instances (C; OS: Linux) Illinois Institute of Technology Jan 2016 – Present
Description: Implemented a system to benchmark different parts of a computer system, from the CPU, memory, disk, network at different levels
of concurrency and the results are tested on Amazon S3 cloud instances & compared to the actual values from the manufacturers.
Online data collection and analysis (Python; OS: Windows) Illinois Institute of Technology Aug 2015 – Dec 2015
Description: Developed an application for identifying public health trends in various states of United States by analyzing the Twitter social
activity. Using ‘County Ranking Health’ data as the baseline, health trends were predicted in various states with the help of machine learning.
The Ridge regression classifier model was used to find state wise relevant terms for each ailment. Data collected from Twitter streaming API
Database Design and development (C; OS: Linux) Illinois Institute of Technology Aug 2015 – Dec 2015
Description: Designed and developed a database in C with all the ACID properties exhibited by an Oracle database. The database had a
storage manager, buffer manager using FIFO, LRU, LFU page replacement policies. Also capable for manipulating records as a record manager
along with a B+ Tree index for faster access to the data.
STAR Sponsored by Defense Research and Development Organization (MATLAB, Cloud Computing) June 2009 – June 2010
Description: Developed an application that used Particle Swarm Optimization to reduce the maintenance cost of the RADAR system by 20%
while providing highest efficiency.
● Currently working as a Student Assistant for IIT Online at Illinois Institute of Technology.
● Voluntarily working as a Teaching Assistant for Chicago Public School (CPS).
● Participated in Help-A-Hawk organized at Illinois Institute of Technology for move-in of new students.
● Received appreciation and recognition from Cummins client for dedicated hard work in the project.
● Organized cultural events for employees at Tieto technologies, Pune, India.
● Delivered a national level seminar of Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO).
● Nominated for a memorial award by Computer Society of India.
● Organized a National level Technical Fest ‘INFIESTA ’08’, with a participation of over 50K students.
● Editor of the Magazine Board in undergraduate school.