Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Ponparanivel_Resume
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
99, RCT Street
Pin code- 625706
• Have 3 years of experience in Data analytics area in SAS, SQL in addition to
that having experience in other tools & languages/technologies –COBOL,
DB2, and SQL.
• As a Data Anaylst working on the analytics platform, implementing and
supporting the analytic technologies that give business users timely, flexible
and structured access to their data.
• Interact with customers to gather requirements and structure solutions and
gaining a deep-dive understanding of key datasets.
• Design, implement and drive adoption of new analytic technologies and
• Ability to write Complex SQL queries with strong knowledge of DB2.
• Strong knowledge about database design, normalization, referential integrity,
Locking & Concurrency etc.,
• IBM certified Professional in ‘DB2’.
• Basic knowledge about USA health care domain and Pharmacy benefits and
Claims related projects.
• Involved in all the stages of the development like analysis, design, build, test
and deployment of code.
• Very good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Strong commitment, organizational/detail oriented skills and ability to work
• Learnt HIVE and Pig with my own interest seeking for chance to work on it.
• Hardware – Client Server and IBM Mainframe
• Programming Languages –SAS,HIVE,PIG, COBOL,C
• Database & Tools – DB2, SQL server
• Operating systems – Windows
• Other utilities – Rational Clear Quest, JCL,MS-office (Word, Excel, and
Company – IBM India Private Limited.
Project: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota – Claim Processing Project
Role: Data Analyst/Developer
Blue Cross was chartered in 1933 as Minnesota’s first and only nonprofit health plan.
As the state’s oldest, largest and most-trusted nonprofit health plan, Blue Cross and Blue
Shield of Minnesota welcomes the opportunity and responsibility to improve the health of
Minnesotans and their communities.
CFE transforms and reformat the Claims received from Pre-Adjudication to an internal
format customized for STAR. It also performs Data validation and Membership
validation. The Membership Validation (PL01 process in CFE) establishes a positive
Member ID, thereby allowing Claims with correct membership information into the
adjudication system. This process helps in reducing Claim Pends in the Adjudication
system, due to wrong membership information. Once Claims adjudicated, will analyze
the date in STAR system and create reports using SAS analytical tool and send the report
to EOSMN/LAN system which will be later reviewed by business. .
I have been involved in
• Analyzing the business requirements and transforming the requirements to Functional
• Design, code, unit test, debug of the code and produced high quality deliverable with
least number of defects
• Development of both online and batch programs with database connectivity like
• Effective defect tracking in WSR Doc’s
SAS, COBOL, DB2, Rational Clear Quest.
Accomplishments and Certifications:
• Received top rating for the first appraisal cycle
• Received “Showcasing the Promising skills as new joinee” award in Account Level
• Received “Delivering Multiple Service Requests to Production in a Month” award.
• Appreciated by PM for good performance in projects
• IBM Certification 000-730, DB2 9 Family Fundamentals
• PAHM-250 Healthcare Domain Certification
• AHM-500 Healthcare Domain Certification
• Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science from National Engineering College,
• Higher Secondary Certificate from P.K.N Higher Secondary School, Tirumangalam,
• Secondary School Level Certificate from P.K.N Higher Secondary School,
Tirumangalam, TamilNadu (93.2%)