Pon Palani resume 2015
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pon Palani resume 2015
Algonquin, IL 60102
17 year’s experienced Retail Manager who is flexible, tenacious and results-oriented. Initiates and
maintain clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication. Builds and maintains cooperative
work relationships with others. Work with all levels of management both in store and Market.
Areas of Expertise:
• Store Operations
• Product Merchandising
• Customer experience
• Vendor Relations
• Retail Sales Analysis
• Store Compliance
Wal-Mart, IL 2009-Current
Currently manage a multimillion dollar store with annual sales volume of $68 mil. Making
informed Judgments and utilizing all resources available when making plans for merchandise and
• Successfully implement new innovations from the company such as SFS (Ship from
Store), IMS process, Aisle Location and Feature Management.
• Manage financial goals for the store. Utilize, communicate, and enforce Company
financial policies and procedures.
• Planning for long term and short term events and ensure proper and timely
implementation of merchandising directives from Home Office.
• Store Champion for Compliance execution and ensuring an active safety and compliance
culture in the store.
• Enhance total customer experience though associate engagement and training.
SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION, Hoffman Estates, IL 2005-Mar 2009
Associate Buyer/Co Buyer Home Décor
Managed a multi category area comprising of Wall Décor, Home Fragrance and Notions. $128
million in sales netting 52% in gross margin. Assisted buyer in all buying and merchandising
activities to maximize sales and gross margin dollar.
• Improved Mirror category sales by 20% in 2008 by improving the OTD mirror frame profile
and improving the perceived customer value. Helped drive sales and gross margin in this
• Skillfully negotiated with vendor to mitigate price increases by planning volume buys in
Poster frames in 2008, and helped improve sales in this category by 15%. One of the few
categories that had sales, gross margin increase in 2008 compared to 2007.
• Interpreted, analyzed and responded to all reports, including: Workbench selling reports,
financial plans and seasonal plans. Used the analysis to plan inventory, drive sales and
• Worked closely with Planning team to improve inventory levels on basic items, identified new
opportunities in partnership with Planning and Allocation team to target inventories by store
and improve GMROI. Provided annual unit estimates on new inline and seasonal programs.
• Instrumental in creating great customer shopping experience in framed art, picture frames,
albums by implementing new fixtures.
• Communicated frequently and extensively with Regional Managers and Store Managers
throughout the country and overseas locations to research inventory and product availability,
pricing, and store promotions. Resolved any merchandising and inventory concerns.
TARGET STORES, Chicago, IL 1997-2005
Executive Team Lead
Managed and maintained store operations with net sales of $40 million. Daily Responsibilities
included managing a store team 210 employees, Store operations - planning seasonal
transitions, inventory management, hiring, recruiting, training and development and customer
service. Analyzed store financial data to assess store performance and create action plans for
• Actively Involved in the opening of South Elgin Super Target
• Best store in the District for customer experience
• Store Safety Captain
• Visual and Seasonal Planning
• Instrumental in improving IM process and reduce inventory
MARSHALL’S, Lewisville, TX 1996-1997
M.S. Fashion Merchandising, Minor in Marketing, University of North Texas, Denton,
M.S. Textiles and Clothing, Madras University, Madras, INDIA
Extensively used Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Proficient in retail price management systems, markdown systems, reporting tools such as