Natural methods to overcome mosquito problems at home
Mosquitoes cause infection to millions of people all over the world every year. Several mosquito repellants are available in the market; however, these conventional methods can cause side effects such as breathing problems and skin irritation.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natural methods to overcome mosquito problems at home
Natural methods to overcome Mosquito
problems at Home
Natural methods to overcome Mosquito problems
• Mosquitoes cause infection to millions of people all over the world every year.
• Several mosquito repellants are available in the market; however, these
conventional methods can cause side effects such as breathing problems and skin
• That is why, nowadays more people are seeking for natural and easy methods to
repel mosquitoes and protect their families from infections.
Here are some of the most popular and tested ways of repelling
• Mosquitoes do not like the smell of basil leaves.
• To discourage these insects you should place basil pots all over the
entrance and openings of the house such as windowsills and doorways.
• Keeping them on the kitchen counter is also very much effective.
• In case you do not have multiple basil pots, you can just use dried basil
leaves and wrap them in muslin cloth to make pouches.
• Rubbing them occasionally will help to keep the mosquitoes at bay.
• According to a research published in Science Daily, the plant of catnip
effectively keeps mosquitoes at bay, as these insects do not like the
aroma of catnip.
• You can either grow few plants in your garden to protect your home from
mosquitoes or instead apply catnip oil on your skin for protection.
Reduce the Water Amount
• Prevention is one of the ways of ensuring that mosquitoes do not cause any
• Mosquitoes need good amount of water for breeding.
• Hence, the containers in your garden or home that hold water should be drained
regularly and the water collecting areas should be cleaned and re-filled everyday so
that the mosquitoes do not get a chance to breed and reproduce.
Apply Eucalyptus Oil
• Eucalyptus oil is known for its disinfectant properties.
• Its strong aroma is used in natural repellants to repel mosquitoes.
• You can also apply essential eucalyptus oil on your body to protect
yourself from mosquito bites.
• For better results, sprinkle water scented with eucalyptus oil all over
the house at least once in a day.
Thanks for watching
For more information click on
Live Long Happily