Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - PRG CV1
Paul Richards Grant F.Inst.SRM (DIP)
Based in Grimsby, NE Lincolnshire; flexible on work location
Mobile: 07541 283 882 Home: 0147 250 0978
Enthusiastic, target-driven sales professional with transferable skills honed on the high
pressure leisure industry. Efficiently controlled an extensive region; effectively communicated
at all levels and negotiated pricing to close sales with an emphasis on margins. Attained
success through a foundation of detailed planning and robust long-term strategy. Adapted
seamlessly to change; transitioned areas to maximise the bottom line in a fast paced sector.
Seeking a field or office-based Sales Manager, Co-ordinator or Adviser role, utilising
interpersonal, organisational and commercial acumen to achieve objectives.
CORE COMPETENCIES and ACHIEVEMENTS
· Outstanding self-starter and organiser. Prioritised and planned all work activities,
displaying excellent presentation and training abilities. Complemented attention to detail
with a technical background embracing pool plant engineering and water treatment.
· Proactively promoted products . Attained through a personal network of contacts via
both face-to-face and telephone meetings. Attended trade shows such as SPATEX 2014
and represented JAK at Leisure Industry Week.
· Succeeded in closing high profile sales. Projects at Plastica included Boston
refurbishment programme with 2 pools for £30k and supplying a new cover for North
Lincolnshire pool which totalled £15k.
· Spearheaded the sales lifecycle. Cold called prospects; made appointments; built
positive relationships with decision makers for Biolab UK. Contributed to expanding sales
from £250K to £2.5m for North region, and overall company revenue from £3m to £12m.
· Developed sales in a competitive market. Handled 2 industry sectors at Biolab UK for
local authority leisure centres, plus key Bourne Leisure business. Identified potential
clients for value added results.
2012 – 10/2014 Business Development Manager: Midlands & East Anglia JAK
JAK Water Systems – providing pool chemicals and associated automated dosing
· Headhunted by the MD to improve sales; predominantly generated own leads and
focused on local authority business.
· Developed opportunities in the swimming pool and water treatment industries, promoting
to existing and new clients.
· Delivered qualified advice on water treatment Health & Safety and regulations issued by
HSE and PWTAG.
2010 – 2012 Business Development Manager (North) Golden Coast
Golden Coast Ltd – distributing spa and pool products throughout the industry.
· Substantially increased and continued sales performance across a large geographical
area for the enterprise.
· Attracted major trade accounts (one from a competitor), purchasing pumps and other
equipment for Bourne Leisure.
· Demonstrated commercial awareness when promoting a wide range of products; provided
advice and training to customers.
Paul Richards Grant 1
2006 – 2010 Account Manager: North of England Plastica
Plastica Ltd – manufacturing pool liners and covers, packaging pool chemicals.
· Assisted with growing territory sales by leveraging existing contacts and extensive
personal experience with sales.
· Accomplished at growing sales of pool accessories such as automatic covers, rollers,
reels, liners and steps made in-house.
· Procured a portfolio of new customers for the organisation while simultaneously
enhancing existing client base.
· Provided first class backup and technical advice to local authorities and many other
industry trade clients.
1991 – 2006 Account Manager: Northern Region Biolab UK
Biolab UK Ltd – producing chemicals and associated products for swimming pools UK-wide.
· Adeptly developed sales of chemicals and water treatment products across North of
England, Midlands and Scotland.
· Successfully sold to swimming pool trade, garden centres, retail outlets and installers for
hotels & private customers.
· Closed sales and ensured a consistently high quality of service to gain repeat orders,
thereby maintaining revenue streams.
· Supported existing clients by attending open days, organising and delivering training
seminars for their staff and customers.
· Delivered presentations to end users on topics such as pool maintenance, as well as at
regular ISRM seminars.
· Involved in recruiting a Sales Manager for a new NW England area due to year-on-year
growth of this business.
1986 – 1991 Assistant Manager Cleethorpes Leisure Centre
· Controlled a budget, oversaw all aspects of daily operations and promoted various sports
& leisure activities at the facility.
1983 - 1986 Supervisor Yate Leisure Centre
F.Inst.SRM (DIP) Fellow of the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management (2001)
Planned: NEBOSH course
Ongoing: Health & Safety training; Confined Space regulations; PPE regulations;
COSHH; RIDDOR regulations; PWTAG standards published by HSE
Earlier: ISRM Diploma (exam in 1996); Member of SRM (exam in 1990)
Pool Plant: STA Certified Operator; RLSS Bronze Medallion; ISRM Pool Plant Operator
Education: HNC Business Studies, including Accounts, Statistics – Birmingham Polytechnic
A-Level in Economics plus 5 O-Levels – Bromsgrove School, Worcestershire
Finance: Budget responsibility; ROI accountability; tracked margins and overheads
IT skills: MS Office tools including PowerPoint, Excel for maintaining address lists;
Internet; e-mails; MI reporting; in-house systems
Interests: Maintaining personal fitness; choir member; swimming – teacher/time keeper
Other: Chairperson of Grimsby 70 Round Table (1997 – 1998)
Personal: British with clean driving licence; excellent references available
Paul Richards Grant 2