Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - naccad-cv-vm4
● 15+ years of Unix systems administration experience.
● Very good knowledge of TCP/IP (4/6),FTP, HTTP, SMB, SMTP.
● Knowledge of several operating systems (Linux, Solaris, Open/Free/NetBSD, Windows 2000-2012)
● Successful experience in designing, implementing and managing computer networks for medium-to-
large enterprises (Unix/Windows/Netware)
● Good knowledge of several scripting languages including Perl, HTML, Bash and some Python.
● Good knowledge of Relational Database Systems and SQL such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite.
● Bilingual: Fluency in English and French.
● Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
● Data analysis and problem solving.
● Efficient team worker with high sensitivity to deadlines.
● VMware ESXi, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager, VDP, vSphere Replication expert.
● VMware Canada Inc. (Burlington, ON)
○ June 2009 – Present
○ Senior Technical Support Engineer
■ VMware ESX/vSphere Storage/Fault Technical Support
■ SAN Support and troubleshooting (FC, iSCSI for multiple arrays including EMC, Fujitsu,
■ NFS Support and troubleshooting
■ VSAN install/configure/troubleshoot support.
■ BDE (Hadoop) Support (Cloudera/HortonWorks/MapR)
■ Technical Design advice and infrastructure troubleshooting.
■ Backup technologies (VADP) for VDP, VEEAM, NetBackup, Avamar.
■ Escalation point for Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and vSphere Replication.
■ Troubleshooting 3rd party DR products integration (EMC RecoverPoint, MirrorView, Dell,
● Nokia Products Ltd (Montreal, QC)
○ October 2008 – April 2009
○ Network/Infrastructure Specialist
■ Design secured network topology for production environment;
■ Install, setup and configure server, network components (firewall, switch, load balancer);
■ Ensure proper monitoring of all servers and network components;
■ Perform system audit checks to ensure reliability and security;
■ Create monthly performance network stats;
■ Keep abreast of new technologies, industry trends and changes;
■ Purchasing of production hardware/software equipment;
■ Maintain software licenses;
■ Ensure accuracy of all documentation and diagrams;
■ Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems.
● Hexago Inc. (Montreal, QC)
○ January 2008 – July 2008
○ Systems Administrator
■ Manage company network and servers
■ Assist in IPv6 Broker implementation and design
■ Research and development for IPv6 applications and implementations
■ Experience: Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Cisco, Ipv6, Zimbra/Cyrus migration
● Maximum Throughput Inc. (Montreal QC)
○ November 2006 – January 2008
○ Cross Platform Systems Administrator
■ Manage all company networks and servers.
■ GigE networks and SAN/NAS testing.
■ Experience: Linux, OSX, IRIX.
● Mamma.com Inc. (Montreal, QC)
○ April 2003 – November 2006
○ Networks and Servers Administrator
■ Manage all company servers in 5 data centers across North America.
■ Mail, Web, and DNS administration
■ Network Administration
■ Data center relocation.
■ Reorganization and documentation of all networks and procedures.
■ Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX-404) compliance and documentation.
■ LDAP/SSO design and implementation.
■ Experience: Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, VPN, MySQL, Oracle 9i, OpenLDAP, Windows
● Primonics Inc. (Montreal, QC)
○ November 2001 – April 2003
○ Systems/Network Administrator
■ Manage company LAN/WAN in two data centers.
■ IT consulting (Mail, Web, Firewalls, VPNs..etc)
■ Experience: Linux, NT, Solaris 8, SAP R/3, VPNs, CheckPoint FW-1
● Internet Globale (Montreal, QC)
○ January 2001 – November 2001
○ Systems Administrator/Webmaster
■ Create and maintain ISP/Company websites
■ Manage ISP environment (routers, terminal servers,..etc)
■ Unix and NT systems administration
■ Experience: Solaris, Linux, SCO OpenServer, BSDi, NT/2000, Sendmail/Postfix, BIND,
Apache, IIS, Perl, HTML, CGI, PostgreSQL.
Education and Training
● Helwan University (Cairo, Egypt)
○ School of Business Administration
○ Business Administration/MIS
○ 1995 – 1998
● The American University in Cairo
○ C.A.C.E (Cont. Ed)
○ Professional Certificate in Computers and Programming
○ 1992 – 1995
● College de La Salle (Cairo, Egypt)
○ High School Diploma
○ Major: Math/French