Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NAS-12-2013
NAVEED ALI SHAH
501- Mora Bustan compound
Madinah Road Jeddah-KSA
Mobile: + 9665-64062226
A successful FMCG career, proven track record of growing and developing large businesses at
regional and international level. Strong leadership skills with detailed background in developing &
leading actionable strategies around consumers, customers and competitors.
S I B C O , Pepsi Cola Jeddah KSA Feb 2009- Till date
Director Sales & Distribution Development
• Leading the largest beverage operation in Middle East with an annual turnover of $750 million.
• Transformed S&D system to total pre sell model, thereby impacting bottom line by 10%/annum.
• Build front line leadership and teams to excel in market execution securing 85% market share
• Driving business economics through pricing architecture for consumer and trade to improve
company’s profitability 5 folds.
• Rationalized GTM system to secure 10 million $ savings per annum.
• Planning and executing marketing budget of 130 million SR per annum.
• Won Bottler of the Year Award in 2012, for over all outstanding results in growth, share
• Successfully transformed a CSD business to total LRB company uplifting net revenue
• Won Best LRB sales award for 2013 in GCC for delivering outstanding growth results.
HALEEB FOODS LTD Aug 2006- June2008
• Led the sales and marketing strategy of UHT milk, Juice, Butter Yogurt, Ghee and powder milk for a
10 billion PKR company.
• Leading & developing projects with major local and international groups to tap the potential of value
added categories in beverages & dairy businesses (value 3-6 billion Pkr).
• Developed and executed a comprehensive sales operation system to improve distribution and sales
performance at national, regional, area and route levels.
• Organized & led training programs to uplift the operating skills of sales team and distributors’ sales
force of 870 personnel.
• Led channel development plan and launched dairy food marts for the first time in Pakistan, doubled
the revenue by end of 1st
• Planned & executed ware house & logistic plan and strengthen operations minimizing handling,
transit and trade losses to the tune to 47%.
• Led corporate PR strategy introducing, dairy technicians’ trainings, trade connectivity tools and
MIDLAND FOODS INTERNATIONAL Sept 2004- Aug 2006
Director Sales & Marketing
Led a snacks project to introduce premium quality snack food in West Asia Middle east and Africa region.
Led a comprehensive plan covering corporate structure, manufacturing, marketing and distribution
• Developed complete range of Potato & corn based snacks covering brands, packaging, Pos
merchandising tools and media campaigns.
• Carried out vendor selection negotiated with local and international suppliers for complete project.
• Led installation of production facility and trials in the time to meet the launch objectives.
• Developed a comprehensive sourcing system to maximize raw material quality impacting yield and
finished goods results.
• Led the process of Sales team and distribution net work development to maximize product availability
and trial in key towns and channels.
• Developed production protocols to drive line efficiencies and minimize line wastage.
• Created a robust system of quality check for raw materials and finished goods to ensure high quality
delivery at the customer end.
• Led the process of flexible and container packaging medium for corn and potato based snacks.
• Negotiated contracts with UK based supplier on Halal flavors’ and seasonings for complete range.
PEPSICO INTERNATIONAL Oct1991 – Aug2004
Director Sales , West Asia Jan 2004 – Aug2004
Responsible for Sales Development across the region including Pakistan, Iran & CIS states; an
annual volume of 154 million 8oz cases & retail value of $500 million. Accountable for strategic
planning, distribution systems, trade infrastructure, promotions & key accounts.
• Doubled key customers sales during 2004 by revamping the system to deliver maximum out
put and quality .Launched joint consumer promotions to build traffic and enhance customer
• Strengthened the relationship with Pizza Hut & KFC, devised a joint marketing plan and
infrastructure, which contributed to a 23% growth on year to date basis.
• Developed new customers including Dominos Pakistan, signed an exclusive 5 year contract.
Led channel innovation introducing E-Vending in Pakistan for the first time.
• Led trade research program to evaluate brand & package penetration, applied findings in
executing a sales development model to grow presence by 10%. Created push through a
visibility program, which maximized brand presence in traditional trade across Pakistan.
Franchise Director, UAE Nov 2002 - Dec 2003
Responsible for UAE Pepsi Cola business, valued at $110 million, was successful in
consolidating business and revamping distribution network achieving ever highest results for
Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
• Delivered highest 5-year volume, 10% growth resulting in 65% market share in the UAE.
• Improved productivity as a result of reorganizing distribution and sales operation
Which involved functional structures, recruitment, training & team evaluation. Worked with
Bottlers to enhance fleet efficiencies, routing and execution standards.
• Led the launch of Aquafina in MENA, introducing the premium water brand in the UAE,
met key objectives and exceeded market share target by 3% in the first year.
• Planned and implemented 7UP brand consolidation project in the UAE. Developed trade
focused strategies for modern and traditional trade, delivering 4% above planned growth.
• Managed key sponsorships events, Dubai Shopping Festival & Summer Surprises.
• Devised entry into the energy drink segment by introducing Pepsi X in the UAE. Strengthen
brand through packaging initiatives, which led Mountain Dew growth by 90%.
Franchise Management, Pakistan Oct 1991- Sept 2002
Acted as a catalyst to growth in Pepsi bottling operations. Achieved consistent results across
diverse markets impacting brand share & distribution levels.
• Led major Pepsi Co bottling operations in Pakistan, including Karachi, central Punjab and
northern markets, delivering volume of over 50 million 8oz cases.
• Launched new skus to drive brand dominance in highly competitive markets.
• Developed bottlers’ sales and distribution capability through a comprehensive training
programme, which delivered share gains of over 30% in key markets.
• Implemented a market development strategy, creating 36,000 new customers and doubled
the sales of northern franchises.
National Trade Marketing Manager Sept 1996 - 2000
Duel role combined with franchise development position in Pakistan. Responsible for leading trade push
agenda and devising strategies around trade equipment and execution.
• Developed and executed infrastructure development program for a bottling network of more
than $500million turn over.
• Developed a complete range of merchandising and dispensing equipments to drive retail
presence and impacted brand share in Pakistan.
• Led supplier identification and selection process, enabling a strong partnership and
understanding to grow the business West Asia.
• Achieved placement of 130,000 chilling & merchandising units in retail network delivering
strong cold product and presence and share at national level.
PACKAGES LTD, Lahore 1987 - 1991
Senior Marketing Executive
• Led the development of full range packaging systems for Nestle Milk Pak, Nirala, Bigmak
Foods, and growing sales by 100% in 2 years.
• Developed new product concepts for electronics and automobile industries, which helped
increase sales by 45% through brand differentiation in the market.
• Conducted regional research to identify target customers & developed expansion strategy.
• Managing Sales to Tetra Pak Pakistan, developed coordination processes to drive stock
efficiency at customer end.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Master Business Administration 1986
Punjab University, IBA -Lahore
• Post Graduate Diploma (Marketing & Advertising) 1983
• BSc (Chemistry , Biology ) 1982
• Institute of Management Sciences/ LUMS
Key Management Development Programmes:
Management Excellence program Sales force development (PGD-LUMS),
Total System Management, Franchise University, Territory University,
Bottler Economics, Distribution Systems etc.
Date of Birth: 28th
April, 1963 Marital Status: Married with 2 children
Nationality: Pakistani Languages: English, Urdu & Pashtu
References: Available upon request