Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - nathanbanksassignment#11
Last Act Screenwriting Assignment Part 1
A Story: New Gotham has crime fighters ; Batman (Bruce Wayne) has a final fight with
The Joker, as The Joker loses as both Joker and Batman fall in the flames of a fire in an
apartment. The Joker retaliates by paralyzing Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), then kills Salina
Kyle (Catwoman) one night when she was with her daughter, Helena Kyle. Helena grows
up to be a crime fighter as well with Dinah who has visions about the murder of
Catwoman and Batman.
B Story: Helena becomes a crime fighter as she gets her instructions from Barbara. Dinah
who lived miles away comes to Gotham to find meaning.
C Story: Helena has anger management problems because she saw her mother killed. So
crime fighting makes her real, like she is getting revenge for her mothers death. Barbara,
Dinah and Helena, are trying to find out why these owners of Phoenix are dying.
1. A - Night time, the battle rages on between Batman and The Joker, as Batman wins.
2. A - Helena witnesses Joker killing her mother, Salina Kyle (Catwoman).
3.A - The Joker continues his rage, tries to kill Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl, Batman’s
4. A - Young Dinah (seven years old) is miles away dreams that she saw The Joker kill
Barbara and Catwoman.
5. B - Dinah takes bus to New Gotham to find out the meaning of dreams and visions.
6. B - Meets Jerry, a criminal who befriends her. While he is in Gotham, he wants to visit
7. B - Dinah visits Jerry in New Gotham but Jerry tries to take advantage of her as she
gets frighten, tries to run away.
8. B - The Huntress (Helena Kyle) swoops in, Dinah follows Helena home.
Teaser: Barbara in wheel chair in high school classroom. She is a teacher now and meets
Wade, new guidance counselor. He wants to meet her for lunch sometime.
The Clock Tower and The Law
Barbara at the place where she has computers, gadgets tools to help fight crimes
9. C - Helena gets counseling from Dr. Quinzel, her therapist.
10. B - Dinah witness men get killed as he runs into the streets. Police and people come
to the aid of men.
Teaser : Man killed by car is one of the Phoenix owners.
Helena works at bar, has conversation with Barbara about murders and suicides, that are
End Of Act I
11.C - Back at the lair, the two women discuss whether a murder or the suicide killed the
three men but real causes are unclear.
12. C - The alarm alerts them of an intruder, it’s Dinah. Dinah gets knocked out by
13. C - Barbara does a test on Dinah to see if she has super powers. Later Dinah
convinces Barbara and Helena to let her join their crime fighting team
14. C - Dinah meets Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s butler and he likes her. Dinah
becomes a part of the team, stays the night.
15. C - Next day on computer Barbara finds out that three men who died were owners of
Phoenix Industries a company in Gotham.
16. C-They also discuss that The Phoenix is on valuable land and that the sewer systems
is under this property.
17. C- This information gave them cause for concern. Helena is goes to Kettlers home,
Dinah goes with her to search the home of the fourth men, see that he is still alive. His
name is Larry Ketterly.
18. C - Dinah searches the dockyards to see what she can discover. The floor gives way
but she is able to pick herself up.
Teaser - Larry Ketterly is home to know what he is really up to. He invites her inside for
Tear, she tries to find out more about the Phoenix company from Kettler. Helena is
unresponsive and drops her cup as it smashes to the floor.
End Of Act II
19. C - Barbara speeds down the street in her van trying to contact Dinah and Helena.
20. C - Helena is in a deep trance as Ketterly is still speaking to her. Ketterly gets knife,
coming towards Helena.
21. C - Barbara in the van tells Dinah to get to the Ketterly house.
22. C- Dinah breaks the window, finds Helena with knife in her hand, pointed at herself.
23. C - Dinah stops Helena from hurting herself with the knife.
24. C - Ketterly takes a fire place poker and slams it into Dinah’s stomach, she drops to
25. C - Barbara appears in her wheel chair, hitting a boomerang, she hits him with the
boomerang and goes to keep Helena and make sure she doesn’t have the knife.
Teaser - Ketterly put Helena in a trance and she is like hypnotized to harm herself.
26. C - Suddenly a flame explodes from the fire place and they are no longer in the
27. C - All three women are on the Gotham streets, however Helena is still in a trance
putting a knife to her chest.
28. C - Barbara talks to Helena to convince that she is a hero. Helena feels that she failed
her job, that she is no hero, that she should be able to save people.
29. C - Ketterly shows up. Helena doesn’t like what he did to her and how he talks to
30. C - Helena fights with Ketterly, Ketterly kicks Helena in the stomach and throw her
around. He tries to slice her with a knife. Barbara is crawling, trying to help Helena.
31. C - Ketterly tells Helena that even if she kills him she will be alone.
32. C - Helena manages to turn her wrist so the knife is pointed toward him and the knife
points toward him and the knife plunges into his chest.
33. C - He rolls over on her and he is not really dead. All three women join together in
life and the world flashes out.
34. C - Helena still in shock asks what’s wrong with Ketterly because he is slumped on
25. C - Barbara tells Helena that Ketterly said that some part of his mind was in hers.
End Of Act III
Teaser - Arkham Asylum - Dr. Quinzel and policeman Reese are observing Ketterly
through a glass chamber and Ketterly is in a straight jacket, not moves or speak.
Policeman Reese leaves and tells Dr. Quinzel to watch him because he is not sure how
dangerous this man is
36. C - Dr. Quinzel goes to the room where Larry is being held and raises her leg and
kicks him in the face, telling him that she is disappointed in him, that she really headed
those dockyards because had a dream about people of Gotham withering in pain, dying
on the streets and everything under her command. That he ruined everything for her.
At the lair - Helena and Barbara are watching the footage of the Dockyards being
destroyed on a large monitor.
37. C - While talking about what just happened, Barbara and Helena are interrupted by a
sharp slicing sound and occupying bang. They see Dinah tossing birdarangs at a set of
Soda cans piled on top of each other.
38. C - She is missing her mark a lot. They tease Dinah about her throws, then they
decide that Dinah will be staying and joining the team as long as she goes to school, and
work on developing her skills, both mentally and physically
39. C - The three women hug but Helena is not enthusiastic about it but Dinah doesn’t
really care. She is happy to be a part of the team.
Nighttime at the clock towers
40. C - Barbara and Helena sit and look out over the city at the New Gotham.
41. C - They talk about feelings and smiles at each other.
42. C - Barbara smiles back and the two girls grin and in time walk over to the dark city
they live in, often gritty, dark, and dangerous but it’s still the place they call home.
End Of Act IV