Nathan C Tarus
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nathan C Tarus
NAME: NATHAN CHEPYATOR TARUS
ADDRESS: P.O. BOX 67CHEPKORIO, KENYA
TEL NO.: +254720672309
Date of birth: 14th
National ID no: 28385283
Passport no: A2178097
Marital Status: Single
Languages: English and Swahili
• Always ready to take up responsibilities.
• Good team player who can work both independently and in a team with or
• I enjoy serving other people in a better and concise way.
• I thrive on a job well done.
• I’m always concern with safety of my colleague, equipments and myself
• To work in a highly stimulating policy oriented organization that instills and steers
good moral values.
• To work in an organization that encourages team work and safety of employees.
• To be a highly competent, efficient, effective and all rounded professional who will
impact positive skills and knowledge all times.
• To expand my exposure with the aspiration of being actively involved in changing the
• To acquire, achieve and deliver best results at all times.
30Nov – 25Dec2014: Baker Hughes training center Dubai UAE
Resistivity academy mean score 97.9%
02Nov – 27Nov 2014: Baker Hughes training Center Dubai UAE
Gamma academy mean score 87.1%
July 2014: Tolmann Trans Amadi industrial layout Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency (T-BOSIET),
First Aid and firefighting.
Jan2011-August2013: Technical University of Kenya formerly The Kenya Polytechnic.
Diploma in Technology Electrical and Electronic engineering
Instrumentation and control option (credit upper division).
Feb2006-Nov2009: TAMBACH High School.
2003-2005: KAIGAT SDA boarding Primary School.
KCPE scored, 328 out of 500.
1995-2002: KAPKENDA Primary School
First internal attachment (project design and fabrication) at Technical University of Kenya
• Exposed to amplifier and power supply design, electrical installation, design of
sequential circuits, analogue simulation, gas metal arc welding and Auto CAD.
Second internal attachment (Electrical Machines)at Technical university of Kenya
• Exposed to Dc motors, single phase motors , three phase motors, generators,
synchronous machines, Transformers and Fm transmitter
CONTROLLERS I COVERED
• PLC controllers& programming
• PI,PD,PID controllers
• Distributed control system
INTEQ-ADVATAGE; HSTDecode, PATS, RtCtl, Toolcomm NT,
Tool Interface Program, Dlogger, Rt proc, Survey Utilies,
Microsoft office Ms word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint,
Languages C#, C++
MY DUTIES IN CHEMELIL SUGAR COMPANY
• Servicing of contactors and motors
• Servicing of chute level controls and inter carriers
• Maintenance of monitoring gauges and boilers
• Repair of electrical drills
• Calibrating monitoring gauges, transducers and weight bridge scales
• Installation of direct line starter, circuit breakers, switches and lighting systems
• Inspecting and maintenance of fault motors
• Motor rewinding and generator servicing
• Servicing of Process controllers (PLC, PID)
My duties in Baker Hughes
Creating new wells
Sensor inspection and checking for operation
Cabin inspection and testing (purging)
Signal decoding and correcting signal with Errors
Performing sand content check
Interacting with the client (Company man), tool pusher, driller and other rig crew
Compiling reports, drilling diary, and generating drilling Logs.
Inspecting tools before run and dumping memory when laying BHA
Performing Safety meeting
Baker Hughes Incorporated Training
• Online web base training
• Instructor led training, Dubai training center
• On job training, workshop and field operation port Harcourt Nigeria
• Offshore survival training port Harcourt Nigeria
• Ability to communicate fluently, both written and unwritten.
• Ability to dump memory on LWD tools
• Ability to work under minimal supervision or no supervision.
• Team work- I find my role in team mediation, preventing confrontation and keeping everyone
• Loading Radioactive sources( Gamma and neutron sources) faster, accurately and
• Ability to create a new well and to monitor runs
• Rigging up MWD cabin, surface sensors and MWD/LWD tools.
• Ability to perform sand content test on circulating drilling mud
• Deep ability to compile information and prepare reports.
• Ability to make procedural decisions and judgment.
• Ability to analyze circuit and fabricate and perform instruments calibration.
• Ability to modify circuit, perform motor rewinding and perform electrical installation
• Ability to perform weighbridge operations.
Sep 2013 - Dec2013: Chemelil Sugar Company
Electrical and electronic Internship
15April2014 – 14 May 2015: Baker Hughes Incorporated
Field specialist engineer (Logging while drilling/Measurement while drilling)
16June2015 – Date: Beneli Engineering Service limited
Athletic; long races 10000m time35.37
• working on electronics
• working on simulators
• watching documentaries
LICENSE NUMBER CLASS EXPIRY DATE
Driving license AH2928 B,C&E 10/6/2016
1. Mr JOSEPH KARANJA
Head of Electrical and Electronics Department
Technical University of Kenya
P.O BOX 52428-00200,
Phone No. +254722925214.
2. Okunade Paul
Field engineer general
Baker Hughes Incorporated Nigeria
Port Harcourt, Rivers Trans Amadi Industrial Layout
Tel +234 84-461419
3. Mr. TIMOTHY SEREM
Instrumentation and Control Technician
CHEMELIL Sugar CO
4. Onyeacholem Timmi
Baker Hughes Incorporated
Country Director- Tanzania & Mozambique,
Work phone+255-768-985-700 701
Mobile: +255 768-574-531
5. Dennis Onditi
Beneli Engineering service limited