Nathan Rona CV
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nathan Rona CV
MSc in Mechatronics Engineering
Year of birth: 78
Aliya from Sweden: 04
Mechatronics engineer with 10 years multidisciplinary cross-platform experience.
• Machine and Buildings Control – Control design, PLC programming, Communication, HMI.
• Air-Conditioning Projecting – Design and implementation of multi-component air-handling plants,.
• HVAC/Refrigeration Engineering – Refrigerant engineering, hydronic systems, desiccant dehumidification.
• Portable Water Handling and Treatment
• Customer and Distributor Support – Pre- and After Sales technical support to customer and local reps.
• Patented control-algorithm for control of heat-pump driven liquid desiccant dehumidification system-
especially handling of desiccant solution concentration. Patent pending.
• Patented hybrid refrigerant/heat-driven air-conditioning unit Ideal for solar AC application, use of waste-
heat and co-generation. Patent: US 20150107287.
• Advanced Remote Service and Support Capabilities. Design of capabilities that allow monitoring units and
projects, in real-time, through cellular or wired internet, and to remotely supply remedies by changing set-up
or upgrading control-program or by supporting technical staff at site.
• Control Platform Upgrade to modern controller platform with, fuzzy control, built in logging capabilities,
web-interface, alarm sending and remote control capabilities.
• Substantial Increase in System Reliability while reducing cost by redesign, shifting out legacy technology.
DuCool Ltd. Senior Research and Development Engineer
Global provider and
system based on Liquid
October 05 – Present
• Leading role in development
• Cross field integration of subsystem in unit.
• Internal cross-team engineering support.
• Design and implementation of unit-control: Algorithm design and PLC programming.
• Design and programming of and human-machine-interface design including: Web based
HMI using embedded micro-web-server.
• Cloud-based global remote monitoring and control system. Solution include of IP
communication, SQL DB Storage and web/java based SCADA system.
• Engineering of refrigeration sub-system of units.
• Development of calculation and simulation model for desiccant dehumidification system.
• Projecting of energy efficient and renewable energy driven air-treatment and climate
• On-site and off-site projects commissioning in different locations globally.
• On-site and off-site global unit support
• Development of units for drinking water extraction from the atmosphere ("water out of thin
◦ Design of control of system.
◦ Design of water-treatment
◦ Thermal modeling and simulation.
◦ In field proving of unit at US. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground.
MSc in Automation and Mechatronics Engineering
• The Automation and Mechatronics Engineering combines courses from Mechanical,
Electrical, Computer and Managerial Economics Engineering.
• Personal specialization in the field of Building Services Engineering. Studies in the
field of Solar and heat-driven air-conditioning and refrigeration.
• Four months of the research for the thesis work was undertaken at Technion Israel
Institute of Technology, under supervision of Professor G. Grossman.
04 Awarded the Environmental grant of the Swedish Association for Engineers for my thesis work.
Swedish: Mother tongue.
English: Excellent in writing, reading and talking.
Hebrew: Excellent in talking and reading. Medium in writing.