Nathan O'Connor Resume M.E.3
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nathan O'Connor Resume M.E.3
Nathan M. O’Connor
4003 9th Ave. (763) 331-2609
Anoka, MN 55303 email@example.com
Mechanical Engineer Professional
A team spirited and performance driven engineering professional with an extraordinary blend of design and
manufacturing industry knowledge. Recognized for keen ability to improve component designs, increase
efficiency, and decrease the need for re-engineering. Ability to communicate and motivate team members to
enhance strategic goals and bottom line objectives. Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills
complemented by meticulous and creative detail to drawings and specifications.
• Solid Works (CAD)
• Pro-Engineer (CAD)
• Engineering Standards
• Custom Clutch and Brake Design
• Ansys, F.E.A.
• MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Hydraulic and Pneumatic Assembly
Nexen Group - Vadnais Heights, MN
Mechanical Engineer 2011 - Current
• Perform, design and development duties in the area of existing Nexen products, i.e. clutches, brakes and
• Design and implement custom products in a timely manner for customer requests.
• Improve existing designs and components for robustness and cost effectiveness.
• Use analytical and diagnostic skills to solve complex problems on a day to day basis.
• Stipulate testing criteria for varied situations and evaluate results.
• Create drawings and specifications for new and existing products and components.
• Work hand in hand with customers, sales and manufacturing to provide technical design support.
United States Navy
Cryptologic Technician Collection 1999 – 2003
• A-232-0451-Intermediate level Communications Signal Analysis
• TS/SCI clearance based on an SSBI completed 22 Feb. 2000 by DONCAF, (expired 2005)
• Knowledgeable about communications theory, radio wave propagation, signal identification and analysis
• Experienced as a Naval Aircrew man
• Flew reconnaissance in the very early stages of operation enduring freedom
Circuit Check - Maple Grove, MN
Circuit Board Test Fixture Assembler 1998 – 1999
• Schematic reading (Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic)
• Mechanical, Electrical and Pneumatic Assembly
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, College of Science and Engineering - Minneapolis, MN
Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering Degree May 2011
Anoka Ramsey Community College - Coon Rapids, MN
Area of Study: Pre-Engineering 2005 - 2008
United States Navy 1999 – 2003
Naval Cryptology School - Pensacola, FL
Intermediate Level Communications Signal Analysis
Basic Level Communications Signal Analysis
Alexandria Technical College - Alexandria, MN
Associate of Science Degree, Fluid Power May 1998