Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NathanMcDermott Resume
12 Setter Place, Kendall Park, NJ 08824
Hard working and motivated Music Industry college senior seeking internship opportunity
focused in audio engineering and recording within a recording studio.
MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY,West Long Branch, NJ
Bachelor of Arts in Music with a concentration in Music Industry
Expected Graduation May 2016
Related Course Work
● Studied online and offline marketing principles in Business of Music course.
● Created and manipulated audio recordings in Pro Tools through Record Production course.
● Practiced the fundamentals of Music Theory including scales, rhythm, pitch and tone.
● Performed as a member of Monmouth University’s Pep Band (4 years) and Concert Choir (2 years).
● Collaborated to create and teach multiple mini-lessons to a class of bioethics students.
MUSIC INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
APPLIED MUSIC INDUSTRY 2 & 3, Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
Blue Hawk Records Team Member Spring & Fall Semesters 2015
● Auditioned and selected artists for the compilation album Blue Hawk 5.
● Developed and followed 3a timeline for album production as well as a marketing approach with others.
● Catered to artists’ needs at Lakehouse Recording Studio to prepare them for recording.
● Worked with others on the vision of the album art.
● Arranged and executed photoshoot for the album cover.
● Communicated marketing and advertising plans with team members regarding an album release event.
● Advertised the album across multiple Social Media platforms with a focus on Tumblr.
● Released the compilation album Blue Hawk 5in April 2015.
WILLOWS SWIM CLUB, Kendall Park, NJ
Senior Lifeguard Summers June 2010 - Present
● Mentored new lifeguards in completion of tasks related to the safe and successful operation of a swim club.
● Monitored and maintained healthy pool levels through hourly tests and necessary chemical adjustments.
● Opened and closed business by setting out and cleaning up office and safety equipment.
● Assisted in the enrollment of new families by guiding prospective families through the steps of applying for
a membership, collecting fees, and creating personal identification badges.
● Greeted and signed-in guests and visitors by using data-entry system and collecting proper fees.
● Maintained a safe environment for large quantities of people through enforcement of defined rules related
to personal safety and proper behavioral conduct.
● Developed relationships with upwards of 500 families by learning needs, habits, and interests.
● Planned and executed numerous activities, crafts, and events for members of varying ages.
● Certified in CPR and First Aid (Re-certified Spring 2015).
Computer Experience with Pro Tools, Microsoft Windows & Mac OS,
Google Drive, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Recommendations furnished upon request.