Nathan Doherty Cv Nov 08
Nathan Doherty, EH&S Professional seeking a challenging career.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nathan Doherty Cv Nov 08
217 Victory Street
Blairsville, PA 15717
Safety/Occupational Health Specialist 2006-2008
UPMC Disaster Management Center
UPMC Corporate Services, Pittsburgh, PA
• Provided occupational safety expertise for disaster planning and disaster operations.
• Weapons of Mass Destruction/All-Hazards Course Instructor:
OSHA First Receiver Awareness (4 hrs.) and Operations (8 hrs.)
• National Disaster Life Support Foundation (NDLSF) Instructor:
Basic Disaster Life Support and Advanced Disaster Life Support
• Managed UPMC Safety Link disaster training program
• Managed proprietary hospital-based radiation detection project
• Conducted pandemic planning and regulatory guidance in disaster response
• Organized UPMC Emergency Management Coordinators group and meetings
Safety Specialist 1998-2006
Environmental Health and Safety
UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh, PA
• Performed comprehensive work in the following areas:
Industrial hygiene sampling
Indoor air quality assessments
Flood damage assessments
Employee incident investigations
Implementation of safety controls for identified job hazards
• Compliance with various regulatory agencies including OSHA, Joint Commission,
PA Department of Health, DEP, ACHD, EPA, DOT, etc. to provide hazard-free
environment for staff, patients and visitors in a multi-hospital healthcare system.
• Coordinated emergency response operations with in-house departments and
• Provided training in the following areas:
Hands-on WMD/All Hazards decontamination training
Laboratory safety and chemical specific training
Chemical storage, segregation and waste disposal
Respiratory protection training and fit testing
Safety orientation for new hires
• Managed the hazardous waste streams for several hospitals
• Provided chemical spill response throughout health care system.
Industrial Hygiene Consultant 1997-1998
Industrial Health Foundation (IHF), Pittsburgh, PA
• Performed industrial hygiene sampling for client companies nationwide.
• Conducted occupational noise surveys for client companies nationwide.
Hazardous Waste Technician 1996-1997
Advanced Environmental Technical Services, North Jackson, OH
• Segregated, packed and transported hazardous waste.
• Ensured compliance with DOT, EPA, DEP and OSHA regulations pertaining to
hazardous waste operations.
• Provided emergency spill response to clients.
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
• President, Board of Education 2005-Present
Derry Area School District, Derry, PA
• Board Member 2005-Present
Derry Area Recreation Board, Derry, PA
• Bachelor of Science, Safety and Environmental Management 1992-1995
Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA
• Fundamentals of Healthcare Emergency Management (40 hours), US Department
of Homeland Security, Center for Domestic Preparedness, August 2007
• WMD/Terrorism Incident Defensive Operations For Emergency Responders, Texas
A&M/TEEX, April, 2007
• Basic Disaster Life Support , Completed February, 2007
• ADLS- Advanced Disaster Life Support, Completed February, 2007
• WMD Threat And Risk Assessment (Local Jurisdiction), Texas A&M/TEEX,
• Featured speaker at the Allegheny County Sanitary Authority (ALCOSAN) 2003
• Confined Space Entrant and Attendant