Nate King Resume 8-2014 AV
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nate King Resume 8-2014 AV
5244 Wilkinson Ave. Valley Village, CA 91607 Phone: 818.570.0434 E-Mail: email@example.com LinkedIn:
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY LEADER
A strategic leader and visionary committed to empowering the business with innovative technology patterns. Over fifteen years of
experience in architecting, managing and leading complex, mission critical application initiatives along with infrastructure strategies. A
proven methodology of shifting classic IT functions to utility, consumption based compute:
• Shifting classic tape backup process to geographically redundant cloud backups, saving 25% cost per year and ensuring compliance
and more efficient RPO/RTO
• Overall migrations of compute workloads from on premises to cloud compute. 5 year plan to yield 75% in overall cost savings.
• Moving email and collaboration platform to SaaS based system with an overall 6 year cost saving of 3.5 million
• Launching new online product on the cloud.
• 50% cost savings versus tradition capital expense forecast
• More predictable forecasting of cost
• Ability to scale based on consumption
• Ability to predict cost per user/per unit of time
• Rapid response to changing business priorities
• Consolidating and centralizing commoditized business process utilizing automation, lowering TCO and maximizing internal
resources to focus on valuable business propositions
Integral Computing Services
Executive Consultant August 2014 - Present
• Delivered a Quality Framework Scorecard process to enable client to properly track software defects and assist in shifting defects to
be caught earlier in the SDLC process, thus saving considerable time and money and ensuring a quality product delivered to the
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Executive Director IT – Business Engineering June 2012 – August 2014
• Recruited and led a high-performing team of 8 Directors and their staff worldwide, across all IT verticals: Architecture, Infrastructure,
Business Process, and Customer Service
• Reporting to Senior Management, designed, launched and operationalized a wholly new Enterprise Architecture team with
responsibility for technology strategy across all WBIE business
• Identified opportunities to reduce complexity and drive down total cost of ownership across all WBIE’s business portfolio. In one
example my team architected a strategy to host the entire mobile game-hosting platform in the cloud, reducing TCO by over 80%
over the first two years.
• Partnered with the business to develop strategies to optimize their IT investments, centered on utility, consumption based compute.
The result of these strategies was a more transparent, demystified IT cost center.
• Established an Enterprise Analytics group responsible for aggregating game, sales and executive insights from all game studios.
Partnered with Studio and Corporate leadership to build “360 degree” views of our customers, leading to more efficiency and
greater monetization strategies across the enterprise.
Director of Application Architecture February 2011 – June 2012
• Led a team of Enterprise Architects responsible for architectural design and implementation of Patterns and Practices, Governance
• Re-architected legacy systems responsible for Ad Sales/Tracking and Residuals
• Partnered with the business to develop key business strategies, including enabling utility computing, providing a more rapid time to
market and lowering the overall cost of ownership
• Responsible for evaluating and designing a Digital Content Management (DCM) solution including 3rd party integration and custom
designs providing a more streamlined and automated workflow
Comm Linx, Inc.
President February 2002 – February 2012
Comm Linx was a recognized leader in business process automation and technology strategy consulting for large, multi-national
corporate icons including CBS Corp, Countrywide Financials, Roland USA, Technicolor and other top-flight firms.
• Built, branded and marketed a successful consulting firm that operated profitable over 10 years
• Developed and implemented global systems, business process automation, methodologies and operational control
Principal Consultant/Practice Lead 2006 – 2008
• Drove regional business leads and promoted the Neudesic brand through single resource and team focused consulting engagements
• Contributed to Neudesic’s Enterprise Service Bus product, Neuron.
• Led the Connected Systems Practice in the Los Angeles region.
• Acted as Lead Architect for .NET Solutions, Biztalk and assorted other tech stacks.
Move.com, formerly Homestore.com
Director of Enterprise Application Architecture 2005 – 2006
• Managed a top-tier software engineering organization that spanned all disciplines: Web engineers, Middle Tier and Data Engineers
• Implemented a Service Oriented Architecture that integrated many disparate systems, including PeopleSoft, IBM AS/400 and Siebel
Davidson Networks, DBA Acquirex.com
Director of Technology 2000 – 2005
Director of IT 1999 – 2000
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Configuration Management Specialist 1997 – 1999
SELECT CONSULTING ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Business Rules Engine Implementation
Balboa Life & Casualty
Designed and implement an inference BRE to process complex business rules against forced policy insurance, resulting in decreased
defects and more efficient workflow
Health Care Automation and Compliance
Providence Health Plans
• Delivered a global system to automate the receipt and processing of industry standard EDI data, removing 25% of human error and
ensuring HIPAA compliance