Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Engineering
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Engineering
Name: Natasha Lillian Kristoffersen-Tuck
Address: 161 George Street,
Phone: (+64) 0211363997
Date of Birth: 8th
of April 1983.
Nationality (Birth Country): Auckland, New Zealand.
Residency: New Zealand citizen.
Drivers Licence: Full clean motor vehicle (Class 1) including OSH Fork Hoist licence with F
endorsement. Full Bike licence (Class 6).
I wish to grow further in my career as a Support Engineer, by learning new skills and
taking advantage of any opportunities that I can. I take satisfaction on constantly
improving processes and improving quality in everything I am involved in.
I am looking for more senior Engineering roles where I can implement my engineering
experience and trouble solving abilities to improve quality and processes throughout the
business. My goals are to improve on existing designs and transform these innovative
designs in to DFM (designs for manufacturability).
Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Page 1 of 7
2015 –Present Powerby Proxi (Freemans Bay, Auckland) Production Engineer - NPI &
Key skills and responsibilities:
• the transition of products from the product development team to the operations
team ready for full production.
• review of design all documentation for current production, developing process
and production documentation.
• developing test systems and procedures for all Powerby Proxis’ production
• the production test process, ensuring our prototypes and end products are of
top quality and meet all customer and regulatory requirements.
• evaluating cost reductions and savings on all Powerby Proxis’ evaluation units
and current products.
• future proofing all Powerby Proxis’ products specifically the industrial range,
which, are used in very demanding and harsh environments.
• EMC compliance testing of products and documentation.
• constant monitoring and updating of the MRP system to ensure the true cost of
production is maintained and tracked accurately.
• updating and monitoring current BOMs for in house production and for all our
• Cost reduction across all current projects.
• I am working on several new technology based wireless transfer projects at
Powerby Proxi. I am investigating pre-prototype designs from the Design
Engineering teams and assessing these designs to ensure DFM (design for
manufacturability). My goals are to produce not only profitable Powerby Proxi
products but to improve further these potential world changing ideas and
concepts so that these innovative ideas can be easily incorporated and utilised in
our customers designs.
Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Page 2 of 7
• Improving the documentation process through FMEA (Failure Mode, Effects and
Criticality Analysis) for both design and process and how to utilise these tools to
improve and future-proof all of Powerby Proxies' innovative designs.
• Exposing Powerby Proxi to the culture of 5s, lean manufacturability/design and
reducing the 8 types of waste.
Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Page 3 of 7
2012 – 2015 Quick Circuit (Albany, North Shore City) Process Engineer
Key skills and responsibilities:
• Creating new documentation and implementing standard operating procedures
to ensure new equipment and/or hazardous substances are handled safely to
minimise any potential risks to employee’s health and safety.
• Implementing and investigating ICARs (internal corrective action reports) and
customer/supplier SCARS (supplier corrective action reports).
• Assisting in the auditing process to enable Quick Circuit to gain re-certification in
ISO ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004.
• Implementing Lean and 5S principles to improve current processes and
operations on the assembly floor.
• The designing and building jigs for further process improvement.
• Designing and improving current documentation.
• Overseeing all quality inspections and supervising all staff undertaking these
• Health and safety officer; recording near misses and identifying all potential site
hazards and remedying them in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Advising, implementing and researching health and safety practices for
dangerous goods for onsite compliance.
• Assisting in customer audits (NEC, Direct Payment Solutions Limited and Phitek).
• Implementing and designing work and audit instructions and improving current
work practices for the whole factory floor.
• Full Quality Assurance of inbound parts and finish products.
• Pre and post FMECA to further process improvements.
Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Page 4 of 7
• Undertaking a full DFMECA (Design Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis)
of a new Marine Radar project to drive this product from prototype to full
production over the next two months.
• Investigating an AOI (automated optical inspection) machine to look at
completed assemblies to detect up potential through-hole and hand placed
issues (wrong orientations, incorrect parts, missing etc.) as most customers
electrically test their goods off site. My goals were to reduce the number of CAR
(corrective active requests) from customers, to increase customer satisfaction
and to improve overall quality of the products produced at Quickcircuit. I
assessed both customised solutions and solutions readily available in the market.
2011-2012 Navman Wireless (Northcote, North Shore City) Hardware Test
• Debugging and hardware tested all Navman Wireless GPS units (Qube 2.5, Qube
3 and the latest product currently under development) and also other Navman
navigational products and accessories.
• Trouble shooting defective products then analysed and reported the possible
causes for these defects.
• Worked closely with the firmware and software engineers to find solutions to
resolve these technical issues.
• Developing business plans to show the true costs of retrofitting current units to
prevent future unit failures.
• Created and compiled all the quality documentation for the RMA testing process.
• Sole tester of all defective units for Navman Wireless worldwide.
• Manufacturing power and communication cables which were required for our
New Zealand test vehicle.
• Effectively communicating with all the regions (New Zealand, Indonesia,
Singapore, Australia, United Kingdom and United States) and made sure all these
regions were up to date with the status of the B Stock (defective product).
• Provisioning several new prototype units for road testing in New Zealand,
Australia, United State and Mexico.
• Provisioning current GPS units to meet customer demands within New Zealand.
Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Page 5 of 7
2009-2011 Buckley Systems Limited (Mount Wellington, Auckland City) Quality
• Tested, verified dimensions and surface finishing on Synchrotron and Medical
(Proton Therapy) magnets.
• Analysing, trouble shooting and improving current production methods
(machining/plating/finishing) to prevent reject and non-conforming parts.
• Liaising with production managers and staff over current production output and
• Prioritised workload to the requirements of production, prototype magnets and
• Programming CMM (coordinate measuring machine) using PC-DEMIS.
• Created production travellers and FIS (final inspection sheets) for several
• Calibrating measurement tooling for the entire site at Buckleys.
2008-2009 Telstraclear Limited (Takapuna, North Shore City) Inbound Faults
2007-2008 SGS New Zealand Limited (Penrose, Auckland City) Materials Engineer
and a NDT (Non-destructive Test) Technician
Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Page 6 of 7
2004 Bachelors in Chemical and Materials Engineering.
2006 Masters in Chemical and Materials Engineering specialising in materials.
2008 completed a 6 week Unitec Beginner course in MIG, TIG and basic down-hand
welding, gaining unit standards in NZQA 2670, 2672 and 2677.
2009 completed two 6 week Unitec Intermediate courses in MIG, Manual Metal Arc
welding, gaining unit standards in NZQA 2670, 2682 and 2673.
Other Skills /Experience
Current first aid certificate from the Red Cross for Comprehensive First Aid.
Current IPC-A-610 CIS (Certified IPC Specialist) qualification.
Completed UTT (Ultra-sonic Thickness Testing) and surface methods exams through
AINDT (Australian Institute of Non-Destructive Testing).
Completed a workshop practice course that has providing me with experience and skills
in welding and metal work.
Fully proficient in Excel, Word, Microsoft Access and Outlook. At university I have done
courses for design using Pro Desktop a CAD/Modelling programme.
Teaching experience at the University of Auckland as an undergraduate laboratory
supervisor for over three years and have invigilated tests.
Some of my favourite leisure activities are bush walking, bike riding, traveling, reading
and Ingress. I am also passionate about gaming, computing, the latest technology gadgets
and mobile phones.
I look forward to hearing from you and hope to work for you. Thank you for your time.
Natasha Lillian Kristoffersen-Tuck
, manufacturing engineering, quality auditing,
Natasha Kristoffersen-Tuck Curriculum Vitae Page 7 of 7