Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natarajan Swaminathan
My objective is to obtain a position with a reputable company that has growth potential
which provides an ample avenue to use my skills in the best possible way for achieving the
Technically Sophisticated, Professional with nearly 4 and half year of experience in the
various Aero Engine Manufacturing & Assembly Process Planning projects. Currently
associated with CYIENT LTD (Formerly Infotech Enterprises Ltd) as Senior Design
Engineer in Hyderabad,India.
My Tenure Started with Infotech enterprises on Feb 2011 as an Assistant Design Engineer in
Hyderabad, India. I have 9 months of on-site coordinator experience in this 4 and half year
tenure from Montreal, Canada.
Functional Skill Set:
Extremely talented, self-motivated, enthusiastic Aeronautical Engineer with a professional
background in project engineering and management looking for an opportunity to display my
Skill set with below traits.
Remarkable ability to work well with people and build strong teams.
Strong leadership, problem solving ability.
Countable Project planning & management skills.
Unquestionable ability to turn ideas into the plans for a Process/product.
Ability to define and organize engineering scopes of work, estimate resource and
schedule requirements, and manages budgetary aspects.
A good aptitude in understanding the complex Process Plan and systems.
Some Aero Engine assembly and dis-assembly experience.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Actively supporting and promoting continuous improvement.
An ability to work and manage multiple tasks.
Possessing the drive to follow tasks through to a successful outcome.
Able to work to an agreed time scale.
Continuously developing engineering expertise and experience whilst working on the
B Eng: Aeronautical Engineering with an aggregate of 75%
Jaya Engineering College, Chennai, 2007-2010
Diploma: Mechanical Engineering with an aggregate of 80%
Ramakrishna Mission Polytechnic, Chennai, 2004-2007
MasterDiploma: Engineering Design & Project Management CADD Centre, 2010
Xth Grade: English, Mathematics, Science
ST. Anns. Matriculation. Higher Secondary School, Chennai, 2004
Technical Skill Set:
Familiarization of Aero Engine Assembly Process Planning
Assembly Process Planning of Aero Engines (Turbo Prop, Turbo Shaft & Turbo Fan).
3D Drafting of Aero Engine Components. (Catia V5).
Assembly process planning of Aero Engines using Solumina (Ecates).
9 months of on-site experience (Pratt & Whitney, Longueuil, Canada).
Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA, Control Plans, Performance Metrics
Good Exposure on Aero Engine Technical Publications & Manuals
A unique task consisting of one or more work elements that involve individuals, machines, or
processes that are done in one location. My role and responsibility in this task is highly
With one of the Sub Module of Production Planning (PP) I have done various
Changes in Routing structure of the Aero Engine Assembly.
Good Knowledge Over the Routing Behaviour and Their Attributes.
Came across Various Challenges in learning and the Execution Phase of this Project
at the same time Got to know the many transactions of PP Module and MM Module.
Operations and Routings
Work Center allocation
Basic Hrs allocation with proper 3P structure
Shop hrs allocation
Machine Hrs Modification for Engine Scheduling
Audit level Changes
New Build Spec Creation:
• Interact with the team members in understanding the requirement.
• Study the inputs and prepare the spread sheet of Operations moved to the new AFS’s.
• Create the new AFS’s (Assembly floor Sheet) and prepare the BOM.
• Send the BOM to the OPM department to update the SAP data.
• Standardize the AFS’s as per PTS standards and run the verification reports.
• Send the AFS’s for approval
• Revise the Engine flow charts to update the new AFS’s (MS visio)
• Suggest planning team to Modify the routings of affected Build Specs
• Document the lessons learned and share the same with the team.
Significant Item Number Task:
• Study the inputs and identify the SIN numbers from Engineering drawings
• Compare the identified SIN numbers with the Top Down Break Down (TDBD)
of the Engine Assembly.
• Document the discrepancies and send the observations to Planning team.
• Create the SIN enabled AFS’s and send for approval.
• Document the lessons learned and share the same with the team
Post-Migration Task, New AFS Creation, RFN Task,
AFS Standardization & RFA Task:
• Study the inputs for better understanding of the requirement.
• Co-ordinate with team and client to solve the technical issues and queries.
• Fix the target dates to achieve the target dates well in advance
• Execute the Work with perfection in all degrees.
• Modify the affected AFS’s to implement the corrective actions/Engineering changes
• Sending the AFS’s for approval.
• Sending the output files to client through FTP Server.
• Document the lessons learned and prepare robust standard work documents.
Projects Executed: (2011-2012)
DFM - Design For Manufacturability and Assembly Solution
Cost estimation for the Aero engine components in the form of the raw material, dimensional
tolerances, and secondary processing such as finishing.
Being a part of a team that has executed this task I have well-read the Behavior of raw
material and selection of Various Manufacturing process for Aero engine
Have Good Exposure to DFM tool.
DFM describes the process of designing or engineering a product in order to facilitate
the manufacturing process in order to reduce its manufacturing costs.
DFM will allow potential problems to be fixed in the design phase, which is the least
expensive place to address them.
Certificates and Accomplishments:
Associate of the Month in May 2014.
Part of the Team that receives the Team of The Month in 2011, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
Plaque and Certificates for Voluntary Support to Social responsibility
from Pratt and Whitney in 2012, 2013 & 2014.
Corporate social responsibility Active Executive Member (Pratt &Whitney)
Aeronautical Society of India AESI Executive Member (2008-10).
Executive Member of Indian Society of technical education
(Students Chapter, 2008-10).
Date of Birth : 25 June 1988
Gender : Male
Languages Known : English, Tamil (Speak, Read and Write),Telugu & Hindi.
Nationality : Indian
Passport : K0039960
Current Location : Hyderabad
Reading Books and Magazines
Listening to music
Plays Tennis, Badminton & cricket
I, Natarajan.S hereby declare that the particulars of the information stated above are true of
my knowledge and belief.