Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NATHAN_ABRAMS_RESUME
Saar 7E Yad Binyamin, Israel 7681200 08 853 6794
Mobile: 058 745 6166
Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY
Experienced software engineer with extensive client/server application development experience.
Ability to resolve difficult problems in a prompt, courteous, and thorough manner.
Work independently and within team environments in a variety of roles.
Skilled at assessing client needs and implementing technology solutions.
.NET Skills: C#, multi-threading, WPF, MVVM, SOA, Enterprise Library, Infragistics controls library, Windows
Forms, Interoperability (COM-Callable-Wrappers, Runtime-Callable-Wrappers and marshalling)
C++ skills: Visual C++, MFC, ATL, COM, DCOM, ODBC API, Win32 API
Java skills: Java, Java Servlets, Java RMI, Java Secure Sockets Extension
session and cookie management
Database skills: Microsoft SQL Server, Database Normalization, Sybase (Transact SQL – including stored
procedures and triggers, Open Client CT-Lib)
Design skills: Class diagrams, sequence diagrams, Software Design Documentation
4-D Security Solutions, South Plainfield, NJ
February 2008 – November 2015 (worked mostly in Israel, team player)
Software Engineer Consultant
- Full life-cycle developer for Wisdom Command & Control application. The system detects and displays
intrusions/video/events/etc. reported by various hardware devices (radars, cameras, motion detectors, etc.).
This is a C#/WPF/SOA application that heavily leverages the MVVM approach and Unity application
block, on the client. Infragistics controls (and other third party vendor’s controls) were used for visual
containers (dock manager) and other assorted UI elements (ribbons, etc.).
- Extended .NET framework classes (TreeView, TreeViewItem, etc.) when third party controls proved to
be too “heavy” or not suitable for our needs.
- Heavily leveraged multi-threading to avoid “locking up” the UI.
- Developed enhancements and performance improvements for Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (the
pre-cursor to the Wisdom application above) a C++ client C# server. Fixed thread-safety issues, memory
leaks, race conditions and performance issues.
Morgan Stanley, New York, NY January 2006 – January 2008
Software Engineer Consultant
- Developed various C#/.NET WinForms business applications that report on and update financial data.
- Enhancements to the functionality and performance of these applications included leveraging the
Infragistics controls, .NET Remoting and multi-threading.
Omicron Consulting, Philadelphia, PA November 2003 – December 2005
- Developed enhancements and new features for a large C++/COM/MFC, multi-threaded, commercial
application (ProcessBook) which is used by major oil refinery plants.
- Implemented some new components in C#/.NET that interact with the rest of the application via the
.NET inter-operability mechanisms.
- Improved performance and made architectural improvements to the application.
- Fixed bugs reported by QA and external users.