NATALIE S V HUGHES CV
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NATALIE S V HUGHES CV
2 Wrenbury Close Wigan WN5 8BZ
MOBILE +61449516767 • E-MAIL email@example.com
PROFILE With over 9 years experience within the General Insurance Industry, I am looking
to secure a challenging new position in the North West of England where my
skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience can be further developed and
effectively used to the benefit of the organisation. I am customer focused with
high attention to detail along with exceptional organisational and
communicational skills. I am able to quickly establish and build good
relationships with clients and develop successful working connections with
underwriters, insurers and co workers.
EDUCATION 10 GCSE’s – Completed 1998
Our Lady’s Catholic High School, Lancaster United Kingdom
Including Math English Literature & Language Business Studies & Science
ASIC RG146 Tier 2 General Insurance Compliance – Completed May 2013
CII Level 3 Certificate in Insurance - Completed September 2011
The following units form part of the above accreditated qualification:
FIT Foundation Insurance Test, IF1 Insurance, legal and regulatory, IF2 General Insurance
business and the IF3 Insurance underwriting process.
EXPERIENCE Donnelly’s Insurance Brokers
Insurance Broking Consultant
September 2013 – Present
• Building and maintaining strong working relationships with underwriters, Insurers and
• Gathering information from the client, assessing the client’s current and future insurance
needs and risk profile.
•Researching insurance policies, negotiating and liaising with underwriters to find the most
suitable policy for the client at the best price.
• Providing Technical product knowledge and risk management.
• Processing allocated Personal Lines and Commercial Business Policy renewals and
endorsements accurately & promptly.
•Ensuring clients are fully aware of policy terms and the extent of cover provided.
• Assisting Clients with new claims lodgements and queries.
•Keeping up to date with the current changes within the Insurance Market and complying with
Brokers code of practice.
• Administrative tasks such as the issuing of insurance policy documents, correspondence, and
credit control, emails, scanning, faxing.
Alker Insurance Brokers (Part of the CCV Group/Towergate)
General Insurance Account Handler
April 2010 to 23 August 2013
• Worked in conjunction with a delegated underwriting facility for numerous general
insurance products such as Property, Motor, Non standard Vehicles and Homes, Small
Commercial and Motor Fleets, this is used in conjunction with the screen rated product, this
enabled me to apply my own skills, knowledge and experience when making decisions or giving
advice to clients, ensuring that the appropriate premiums charged reflect the underlying risk.
• Delivered a high level of service and ensuring standards are met and exceeded.
• Liaising and negotiating daily with insurers and clients providing excellent communication
and organisational skills when implementing and processing new business quotations, renewal
invitation and acceptance, mid term adjustments and claims handling.
• Ensuring accurate and efficient administration of invoicing, credit control, and data input and
processing of policy endorsements.
• Sharing my knowledge, techniques and experience to assist new and existing team
Walmsleys Insurance Brokers
Sales & Service Insurance Consultant
April 2008 to April 2010
•Introducing clients to a wide range of general insurance products and helping them find the
package with the features and benefits they’re looking for and to advise, arrange and secure
the appropriate cover at a competitive premium
•Administrating clients accounts
•Working to achieve targets and maximising the branch’s performance
• Adhere to FSA (Now FCA) regulations and the broker’s code of practice
•Processing correspondence, invoicing, quotations, mid-term adjustments
• Liaising and strong negotiation with the Insurers for competitive new business and renewal
premiums and terms to help retain existing client base.
Sales & Service Insurance Consultant
June 2005 to October 2007
•Generating Motor & Household quotations for new/existing or prospective retail customers
and accurately recording details on the call centres in-house system
• Providing excellent customer service and promptly resolving client queries
• General Administration support
• Understanding the basics of Insurance and complying with the importance of the FSA (Now
FCA) conduct and general principles
• Monthly call monitoring task set by senior manager giving effective feedback to individuals to
help improve performance and set objectives
• Mentored/Provided technical support to new and existing staff.
• Wigan, Greater Manchester • MOBILE +61449516767 • E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org