Natalie Ayres-Shapiro's Resume October 2015
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natalie Ayres-Shapiro's Resume October 2015
4440 Logans Fort Lane • Lexington, KY 40509
(859) 227-9723 • firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR LEVEL BIOTECHNOLOGY & SPECIALTY PHARMACEUTICAL SALES SPECIALIST
Multiple #1 National and Regional Rankings • President’s Club • Sales Advisory Board Member
Referral Master, Region Growth, Sales Growth, and Team Award Recipient
Highly-motivated and achievement-driven senior specialty sales representative with an extensive record of awards and
recognition since 2000 that includes experience in the neurology, nephrology, pulmonology, and psychiatric markets.
Background includes sales success with an orphan drug (7 years), multiple product launches and associated #1 rankings,
and accomplishments selling specialty medications used to treat neurological and behavioral disorders. Expert in leading
the implementation of reimbursement and distribution service plans to achieve product and corporate revenue and
reimbursement objectives, meet customer needs for product access, and facilitate market share growth. Skilled at
providing on-going clinical product support through chart reviews, dosing analysis, literature and case study reviews,
patient outcome analysis, and client training. Additional strengths include:
• New Product Launches • Thought/Key Opinion Leader Development • Field Sales Trainer
• Product Champion • Reimbursement Protocol Expert • New Territory Development
• Managed Care Market Expert • Managed Care Pull/Push Through • NRx and TRx Growth
• Large Territory Management • Hospital P&T Committee Relations • Regulatory Compliance
MALLINCKRODT (formerly Questcor Pharmaceuticals), Lexington, KY
12/2008 – Present
Senior Acthar Sales Specialist / Field Trainer. Promoted into this senior specialty sales role to generate significant
sales growth of Acthar (biologic injectable for Multiple Sclerosis [MS] with orphan drug status / $40,000 per vial)
across the Lexington, KY and Cincinnati, OH territories by calling on Neurologists, Pediatric Neurologists, and
Nephrologists specializing in MS exacerbations, infantile spasms (ISs), and nephrotic syndrome.
• Ranked in the Top 5 in the U.S. for IS medication sales from 2009 through 2015 YTD.
• Ranked in the Top 30% of the U.S. sales force every year and met/exceeded 100% quota for 25 of 27 quarters.
• Consistently rank #1 in the Region and have earned the Referral Master Award (highest number of prescriptions)
on multiple occasions in: Q2, Q3, Q4 2009; Q4 2010; and Q1 2011.
• Won Region Growth Award in Q4 2012 for generating the largest percentage increase in sales volume.
• Presented with the Team Award in Q3 2011 for contributing to the sales team finishing #1 in the Region.
• Won the Sales Growth Award in Q2 2011 as a top performer in the Region.
• Earned the MS and IS Award in Q1 2011.
• Earned the End of the Quarter Award for ranking #1 in the Region for sales in Q1 2010.
• Achieved President’s Club in 2009 for overall performance across the product portfolio.
• Recognized as a leader in patient program development with up to 30 per year.
• Selected for Sales Advisory Board and Task Force member for Mechanism of Action to develop sales tools and
provide feedback to the corporate marketing group, and assist with testing patient/physician marketing materials.
• Developed four Key Opinion Leaders and Speakers with local area specialty physicians in the field of MS.
• Trained new hires as a Field Sales Trainer providing assistance in the field to develop skills of new/existing reps.
• Conduct training on the referral process and supervise administrative staff in obtaining Acthar approvals for
shipment through specialty pharmacies.
JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS, Lexington, KY 10/2007 – 11/2008
Specialty Sales Consultant. Promoted and increased sales of Xyrem (sleep disorder treatment) and Luvox CR
(Obsessive Compulsive and Social Anxiety Disorder medication) to Pulmonologists, Sleep Specialists, and
Psychiatrists throughout a territory covering Lexington to Eastern KY.
• Launched Luvox CR and turned around the underperforming territory through aggressive relationship-building and
product education efforts.
• Developed Key Opinion Leaders who were key speakers and thought leaders.
• Grew Xyrem business to the highest levels in the history of the territory.
• Ranked #4 in the Region for Luvox CR in 2007 and #1 in the U.S. during the initial product launch phase.
• Served in many leadership roles (e.g., committees, presentations, APA and KY Medicaid Meetings).
1NATALIE AYRES-SHAPIRO - Page 2
SCHWARZ PHARMA / UCB, Lexington, KY 03/2005 – 11/2007
CNS Specialty Sales Representative. Promoted into this position to present Niravam (anti-anxiety), Keppra (anti-
epileptic), and Neupro (Parkinson’s) to Psychiatrists and Neurologists in the Lousiville/Lexington, KY territory.
• Developed Key Opinion Leaders to promote product benefits and developed annual business plans.
• Ranked among the Top 5 out of 250 reps nationwide in Niravam product launch performance.
• Ranked #18 out of 250 reps in the U.S. for performance across entire product portfolio.
• Ranked among the Top 5 in overall growth in 2006.
XCEL PHARMACEUTICALS, Lexington, KY 03/2001 – 03/2005
CNS Specialty Sales Representative / District Trainer. Promoted and increased sales of Diastat (refractory seizures)
and Migranal (Migraine medication) to Neurologists across the entire state of Kentucky.
• Won President’s Club in 2004 for overall performance.
• Recognized as a Top 20 Contest Winner in January 2004.
• Named to the Board of Directors Epilepsy Foundation.
• Received the Southern Cross Award in recognition of passion and positive direction.
• Held additional responsibility as a District Trainer to develop and improve team performance.
MURO PHARMACEUTICALS, Lexington, KY 10/2000 – 03/2001
Primary Care Sales Representative. Gained valuable pharmaceutical sales experience while selling Dynabac
(antibiotic) and Volmax (allergy/respiratory medication). Consistently increased market share and met/exceeded all
sales goals. Created hospital displays, conducted in-service programs, and gained formulary acceptance.
Experience Prior to 2000:
Sales / Management Roles – CLINIQUE COSMETICS, New York, NY
• Earned multiple promotions with this international cosmetics company including Sales Consultant, Counter
Manager, Regional Account Coordinator, Account Executive, and Regional Education Manager.
• Led teams to #1 performance rankings, received Stars to New York and Account Coordinator of the Year Awards,
and consistently met/exceeded goals.
• Traveled throughout the 3-state region with responsibility for ordering/managing inventory for accounts in
Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana.
• Improved region-wide revenue growth by creating new training and selling tools and conducting on-going training
for 300+ Sales Consultants; improved individual sales performance of the regional sales force through the use of a
consultative and educational selling approach.
Bachelor of Science – MOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY, Morehead, KY