Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NasserThabetCV
Nasser Ahmed Mohamed Thabet
Reef Tower, JLT
Dubai Marina, UAE
Tel No: Office +971-43507376
Mail : Nasser.Thabet@OMV.COM
Age: 48(Born in 1967)
Marital Status: Married
1991 Science Bachelor in Computer Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and
Minerals, Saudi Arabia, Graduated with honor (GPA : 3.49/4 )
2014 Joined MSIT Program
Date Course Name Place
Sep-2014 E&P Data Management Workshop Praxis Global Research,
Aug-2013 SAP-MM Training Course In-House, OMV office
Sep-2013 SAP-CO Training Course In-House, OMV office
Sep-2013 SAP-FI Training Course In-House, OMV office
Jun-2013 Ms-SharePoint 2010, Application Development Site Powers, Dubai
Mar-2013 Infor EAM 10 Administration Infor, Dubai
Oct-2012 Petrel Data Studio Schlumberger, Dubai
Oct-2012 Introduction to Petrel Schlumberger, Dubai
Mar-2012 Exploration & Production Schlumberger, Malaysia
Dec-2010 Administration of Field Management Application Yemen
Aug-2010 Developing Web Applications using Microsoft Visual
Jul-2009 Administration of Electronic Document Management
In-house, OMV Office
Jun-2009 Implementing & Maintaining MS-SQL Server 2008
Site Powers, Dubai
Aug-2008 Linux Administration Egypt
May-2008 Implementation of DataStream Application (WorkShop) Pakistan
May-2004 Unix System Fundamentals GTI, Sana’a
Sep- 2001 Develop PL/SQL Program Units New Horizons, Egypt
Oct- 2001 Oracle Developer Forms I New Horizons, Egypt
Oct- 2001 Oracle Developer Forms II New Horizons, Egypt
Nov- 2001 Oracle Reports Developer New Horizons, Egypt
Nov- 2001 Oracle Database Administration New Horizons, Egypt
Mar-2000 Installing and Configuring Ms-Windows 2000 TISGROUP, Jordan
Mar- 2001 Internetworking with Microsoft TCP/IP TISGROUP, Jordan
Mar- 2001 Advanced Administration for Ms-Windows 2000 TISGROUP, Jordan
Mar- 2001 Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Series TISGROUP, Jordan
1992- 1996 PC Support Coordinator, Agriculture Credit Bank
1997– 1998 Programmer, TeleYemen
1998-1999 Network Administrator, TeleYemen
2000-2006 IT Supervisor, TeleYemen
2007 -2008 Subsurface Data & Information Systems Supervisor, OMV Yemen
2009 until now Team Leader Workflows & Applications, OMV Yemen
Skills, Projects and Responsibilities :
- Good Knowledge in the troubleshooting Procedures of PCs
- Good Experience in Administrating LAN
- Administration of Microsoft windows 2000 Advanced server
- Administration of Novell Netware 4.11
- Basics of Unix
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange 2000
- Administration of Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator Management software
- Participate in establishing IT standards and security policies for TeleYemen
- Supervise various IT activities including PC support, LAN , IS sectors
- Introduce IT Technology on several private companies.
- Administration of Oracle database on enterprise scale
- Programming with Visual Foxpro, Oracle Developer 6i
- Developed Complete Accounting Application (Inventory Control, Billing,
Purchasing, and General Ledger) Installed in about 15 private companies.
- Developed several In-house applications for TeleYemen like the followings:
1. International Administrations Accounting application (IAA module of
the billing system): Interfaced with both CIS billing system and
Accounting General Ledger application.
2. Business Plan Application
3. Tariff Application : Interfaced with CIS billing system (Oracle Based
- Participate on developing & administrating an in-house billing Package for
calculating the usage charges of Ynet customers (Used during the period 1997-
- Develop many large-scale Database systems like TeleYemen CDRs database.
- Study, Analyze and evaluate TeleYemen requirements of information systems.
- Administrate TeleYemen management applications (General Ledger, Payroll,
Human Resources, Attendance, Fixed Assets, Treasury) and coordinate with the
applications vendors for maintaining and enhancing their packages
- Administrating Several IT projects aimed to enhance the services of TeleYemen
1. Implementing the iService Application which is a web based application
interface of the CIS billing system.
2. Paying TeleYemen Bills via Post Offices and E-Rial web site using API
3. Paying TeleYemen Bills via the points of sale service CAC bank using
the API technology.
- Fully aware of data accessing & exchange of different database systems via
ODBC or OLEDB Technology.
- Control the Licensing issue of the software systems (Operating system,
applications, utilities …etc).
- Implemented the eDMS system as document management solution for OMV
- Establish a Production database for OMV Yemen using the Professional
Petroleum Data Model (PPDM)
- Established the subsurface data & Information Systems department on OMV and
I become responsible for the followings:
• Direct planning, design and development, integration, coordination and
operations of all I.S. functions and responsibilities.
• Maintain strong relations with G&G, Reservoir and Production Technology
Teams, to fully understand their data management needs & requirements.
• Lead all IS Projects & Activities: Evaluation, Deployment, Customization,
• Plan & arrange for the development of a comprehensive technical database
for the company E&P activities and ensure a secure streaming of the data
via either data acquisition systems or user friendly interfaces.
• Make recommendations and provides technical support to Company Sr.
Management to perform needs assessment and long range planning
• Develop, implement, and audit standard operating policies and procedures,
to include timeliness, quality, documentation and security of company
• Maintain ongoing communication with OMV EPIS to ensure that our
applications and databases are harmonized with OMV global IS standards.
• Coordinate and direct the configuration, implementation and operation of
other related systems.
• Prepare the IS annual budget; monitor and manage budget to insure
operation within budget constraints.
• Maintain confidentiality of organization data and information.
• Hire, train, supervise, evaluate and guide IS support staff.
• Arrange for the purchase and order of applications, databases, and data
• Coordinate & monitor the services provided by IS support team
• Evaluate and arrange for the technical resources required to implement or
enhance either new or existing software systems.
• Plan secured operation of all database systems and control appropriate
access levels for users.
• Oversee the flow of data and information; monitor the quality and the
security of information.
• Control contracts with Software vendors to ensure a proper timescale in
providing services rendered in timely manner consistent with the terms and
conditions of those contracts.
• Coordinate the delivery of data & information and reports required by the
head office and data bank development project according to the required
formats and templates.
• Monitor the backup activities of the company databases and coordinate with
Vienna IS to implement a disaster recovery plan for our systems and
• Approve the technical requirements for any new application.
• Implement Master Data Store as single database for the company
exploration & operation activities.
- Participated effectively in the implementation, setup and configuration of Infor
EAM 8.3/Infor 10 EAM
• Started to build to be processes and all workflows -2008
• Setup and administrate Infor EAM 8.3 (2009-2013)
• Configured & Customized Infor EAM 8.3 as per company requirements
• Upgraded to Infor 10 EAM -2012
- Participated effectively in the implementation of SAP (MM, FI, CO, JVA, HR)
- Mr. Ali Wareth, DECO, MTN Company– Sana’a
- Mr Mohamed Nasher, Manager of Human Resources, MTN Company –Sana’a.
- Mr. Roberto Espinoza, Petroleum Engineering Manager