Nancy A Newcomb Draft
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nancy A Newcomb Draft
NANCY A. NEWCOMB
P.O. Box 160 (Home) 903.429.6179
Collinsville, Texas 76233 (Cell) 972.467.3406
Operation Manager with experience in managing various departments within the
manufacturing and distribution industries. Proven skills in process improvement, staff
development and cost reduction. Customer-focused and results oriented. Known for
meeting demanding customer expectations and achieving company financial
performance objectives. Key areas of experience include:
Process Improvement Production/Measurement
Contract Negotiation Reporting
Confidential Documentation Solution Development
Diversified Environments Cost Reduction
Staff Development Record Retention
BLOCKBUSTER INC. (Retail/Rental), McKinney, TX 2005-2010
Operation Services Management
• Responsible for all personnel activities, including annual reviews, wage and salary
administration, hiring, corrective actions including dismissals for multiple departments
totaling 33 directs with an annual budget of 3.6 million.
DC Print Room and Document Control – 6 day 24 hour department responsible for the
printing of inserts and labels up to 8.5 million feet per month.
• Developed and delivered agreed upon solutions on-time, on-budget and on-quality
through procedure development and implementation, staff training, staff development
and vendor negotiations.
• Reduced labor cost for Document Control by more than 50% by cross training.
• Improved efficiency and was able to reduce maintenance cost by 25%.
• Reduced waste cost by 15% through vendor negotiations and form redesign.
• Staff achieved 95% of their Objective – Development Goals.
• Recovered $56,000.00 in maintenance over charges.
• Initiated New Equipment Project that would have resulted in an estimated annual
savings of $150,000.00.
DC Hardware Support staff responsible for maintaining various equipment used in the
warehouse such as scan guns, monarch printers, access points, replacement of keyboards,
monitors, cables and assisting with software issues.
• Reduced annual labor cost by an estimated $50,000.00 by cross-training.
NANCY A. NEWCOMB PAGE TWO
QC Department - Responsible for the daily 6 day 24 hour auditing of 2.5 percent of daily
volume per shift an annual unit volume of 17.1 Million units. Partnering with various
departments and shifts within the warehouse to achieve an accuracy goal of 99.92%.
• Developed and delivered monthly measurement reports for upper management.
• Partnered with various departments and shifts to achieve an annual accuracy rate of
99.90 or above for the first time in 2009.
BLOCKBUSTER INC. (Retail/Rental), McKinney, TX 2000-2005
Operation Services Management
Corporate Print Center - Responsible for the printing of Blockbuster’s national bi-weekly
payroll consisting of 56,000 checks and direct deposits within a very tight deadline. Daily
printing of A/P and Off-cycle payroll checks and various reports. 240,000 annual W2’s and the
bi-weekly MAP that consisted of an annual estimated 5,200,000 clicks.
• Achieved 100% on all service levels.
• Achieved accuracy goal of 99% maintaining a bank rejection of only 1%.
FALCON EXPRESS (Printing Manufacturer), Dallas, TX 1999-2000
• Supervised staff of 15. Scheduled print requests within the bindery department,
ensuring accuracy and service levels were achieved. Trained staff on bindery
equipment and shipping procedures. Maintained inventory and ordered supplies as
• Improved on-time deliveries from 70% to 90-95%.
• Eliminated bottlenecks improving productivity.
• Improved accuracy and reduced waste.
MOORE DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS (Retail/Manufacturer), Dallas, TX 1995-1999
Document Center Manager
• Organized work flow, staging processes for optimal productivity.
• Order entry, maintained order entry database and monthly spreadsheets, provided
ongoing data storage/backups.
• Ordered stock and supplies, negotiated prices, coded and maintained invoices.
• Received the Gold Star award for excellence in customer service.
Aubrey High School
Leadership Program - Collin County Community College
Mentoring for Results
Heartsaver First Aid
NANCY A. NEWCOMB PAGE THREE
Microsoft Office - AS400 - PeopleSoft - Crystal Reports
• Project Manager for company sponsored employee based community/morale
• Served as VP of Education of a corporate sponsored Toastmasters club during which
time the club achieved the Distinguished Club Award (first time in 10 year club history).