Nancy Weaver Resume
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nancy Weaver Resume
Nancy L. Weaver
Phone : 509-945-5956
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
111 N 31st Avenue, Yakima, WA 98902
I possess knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation,
cost accounting, leadership techniques, production methods, production planning and coordination of people and
Proficient in the following
Microsoft Windows AS400 Microsoft Word Famous Software
Microsoft Access Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Excel QuickBooks
Unique Ingredients & Surfrut March 2012 to Present
• Revised and streamlined the customer service position
• Created policies and procedures for re-packs and co-packs including creation of Vendor questionnaires
to ensure that all materials were in compliance with FSMA
• Created a Food Safety Program that is compliant with FSMA
• Developed and implemented the policies and procedures for product recall
• Developed and implemented vender verification program
• Manage customer accounts
• Manage all US based Co-packs
• Importing of product
• Training of personnel
• Evaluating and recording retain samples
• Review, manage and settle claims
• Created and implemented inventory control program
Snokist Growers, Yakima, WA
Purchasing Manager August 2003 to Feb 2012
• Developed and implemented purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and
procedures. Cultivated a deep understanding of the needs in a processing environment and built the
necessary relationships to do contracting raw material items as well as a deep understanding of both the
corrugate and package industry, evaluating quality versus price to find the balance that was best for the
• Ensured vendors were able to meet our demands, price point, and delivery schedules through a variety
of purchasing methods (i.e. contracts, spot purchase, consignment program, etc.)
• Represented Snokist in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
• Reviewed, evaluated, and approved specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
• Directed and coordinated staff activities in buying, and distributing product, equipment, and supplies.
• Prepared reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
• Established primary and secondary source of vendors, eliminating risk on any critical supply material.
• Created forecasting tools to ensure just in time purchasing methods could be maintained without risk for
overstocks or outages.
• Developed vendor audit and vendor Scorecard for use in on-going evaluation of active suppliers.
• Prepared and processed purchase orders for all materials, supplies and equipment.
• Responsible for providing ingredient and material budgets by component part.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining cash flow for processing.
• Reviewed purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Analyzed market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
• Responsible for satisfactory resolution of claims against suppliers including accurate tracking, reporting
and completion of all claims in a timely manner. Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
• Participated in the development of specifications for equipment, products and substitute materials.
• Analyzed market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
• Resolved vendor or contractor grievances, claims against suppliers.
• Arrange for disposal of surplus materials
Prentice Packing & Storage, Yakima, WA
Full Charge Bookkeeper October 1992 to August 2003
• Managed a one-person office and handled all financial obligations for warehouse and orchards, including
payroll, grower accounting, quarterlies, year-end financials, and budgeting. I was solely responsible for
transitioning the company from the AS400 accounting system to Famous Software, a PC-based system
including the set up and flow of all accounts from budgets to General Ledger.
Sun Country Transportation, Yakima, WA
Accounts Payable August 1985 to October 1992
• Handled all accounts payable and general office duties. On-call as backup for Accounts Receivable
1982 AAS Degree in Accounting
Yakima Valley Community College – GPA 3.5
Fundraiser/volunteer for Junior Achievement, MDA, 4-H, NAMI
Wags to Riches Volunteer
Children’s Hospital – fundraiser and volunteer
Marc Meinecke Eliel Morell Landy Hauck Denise Gunvaldson
1-815-546-7703 1-786-338-0449 1-208-610-0109 1-509-833-4086
Pervious Supervisor Current Supervisor Previous Co-Worker Personal Acquaintance