Nancy Wassef Resume ,event
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nancy Wassef Resume ,event
3424 State Route 27 Kendall Park, NJ 08824
Phone: 732-484-9245 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A. Cairo University, College of Applied Arts
Bachelor of Arts,June 2004 Major: Interior Design
Highly creative and experienced interior designer with broad industry experience including residential,
commercial, and film. Demonstrated success transforming client ideas into beautiful and functional
design solutions that exceed expectations. Specialties include custom kitchen/bath design and
Private Consulting - Interior Designer and kitchen designer – Cairo, Egypt –
07/2004 to 12/2006
Schedule professional home and company visit consultations to present
customized room designs, including sample fabrics, furniture, tables and
accessory recommendations as well as the benefits of a professional
Guide customers through kitchen/bath design, product selection, and
Leverage knowledge in kitchen design trends and evolving customer
preferences into final product
Responsible for creating grassroots opportunities to increase the overall
performance of the In-Home Design Program.
Accurately complete order information, collect deposits and fees,and keep
orderly customer records, and research customer payments and deliveries.
Responsible to support design related functions and maintain an up to date
customized portfolio including before and after pictures of previous In-Home
Art Director / Lead Set Designer – Cairo,Egypt – 1/2007 to 11/2010
Selects furniture, draperies, pictures, lamps, and rugs for decorative quality and
Assigns staff to complete design ideas and prepare sketches,illustrations, and
detailed drawings of sets
Examines dressed set to ensure props and scenery do not interfere with
movements of cast or view of camera.
Reads script to determine location, set,or decoration requirements.
Estimates costs of design materials and construction, or rental of location or
Researches and consults experts to determine architectural and furnishing styles
to depict given periods or locations.
Designs and builds scale models of set design or miniature sets used in filming
backgrounds or special effects.
Prepares rough draft and scale working drawings of sets, including floor plans,
scenery,and properties to be constructed.
Presents drawings for approval and makes changes and corrections as directed.
Select color, styles, design of cabinetry, coordinating cabinet selection with
appliances, flooring, etc. Estimate material requirements and costs, and present
design to client for approval.
Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments,
such as budget, architectural preferences,and purpose and function. Formulate
environmental plan to be practical, aesthetic,and conducive to intended
purposes, such as raising productivity or selling merchandise..
Party planner and Assist wedding Planner (1/2011 to 12/2014)
• Confer with clients to determine their needs for planning
wedding or party events
• Determine allocated budgets and provide clients with
information on what can be done within the budget
• Provide clients with information on how a party can be
managed within the allocated budget
• Accompany clients to different venues and assist them in
choosing the right venue
• Interview vendors and hire ones that meet the budget and
• Ensure that all material such as furniture, canopies and
supplies are available
• Negotiate rates with vendors and make sure that catering
details are handled properly
• Play an active part in decorating the venue on the party day
• Ensure that there is a backup in case of inclement weather
• Run rehearsals with the bride and the groom in order to
instruct them how to walk in on the big day
• Arrange for flowers and other decorations and make sure
that they are placed in a proper manner
• Liaison with printers in order to manage printable material
such as banners, invitation cards and giveaway toppers
• Make sure that giveaways are handed to guests at the end of
• Planned and executed a wedding event for 700 guests within
three days of initial client contact
• Stayed well within budget at most wedding events, allowing
clients to save up a great deal
• Arranged for meetings with clients by calling or emailing
• Accompanied wedding planning team to the clients’ offices or
houses to discuss details
• Recorded client information and took down notes akin to
• Assisted clients at venue of choice by providing them with
information on the venue and its limitations
• Prepared and sent proposals to clients and handled follow-up
• Kept in constant contact with vendors to ensure their
presence and quality of work at the venue
• Ensured that every detail is coordinated at the day of the
Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical
plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Experience with business and design tools including but not limited to Microsoft Office,AutoCAD,
Photoshop, and various other design tools
Mathematical skills as they relate to design and measurement