Nancy Stall | Marketing & Communications Portfolio
Marketing Communications Portfolio for Nancy Stall
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nancy Stall | Marketing & Communications Portfolio
Portfolio Nancy Stall
Leadership Brand Communications
Consumer Brands Business to Business Brands
Create a Brand | Help It Grow
• Rebranded physician network and increased Medicare Advantage
membership by an average 20% annually from 2012-2014.
• Award-winning marketing and communications campaigns grew physician
panels, improved member health, and greatly enhanced physician
engagement and education.
• Physician good or better satisfaction rose from 70% in 2012 to 90+% in 2014.
Inbound Marketing | Acquire & Retain Customers
• Develop and implement global
social media initiatives through
multiple channels such as
websites, blog sites, Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube and other
• Grow from zero to
12,000 + fans and
followers in 1 year.
• Successful meet ups in major
cities further connect customers
to business and to one another.
Product Marketing Media for Kohler Co.
Launch a New Trend | Home Spa Lifestyle
• Soaking tub creates a personal spa retreat
in the bathroom for relaxation and
• Launch at KBIS trade show garners
spectacular media coverage in The Wall
Street Journal, news and business
weeklies, daily newspapers, shelter
Innovate | Cross Promote Product Lines
• Promote designer’s plumbing collection with
coordinating pieces from her furniture line.
• Expand concept by matching luxe plumbing
products with select premium accessory pieces
from interiors lines.
Tell a Story | This Wallflower Blooms
• Weave a story about this “Plain Jane” wood
chair with its antebellum pedigree in
introducing Baker’s Charleston Collection.
• Little wood chair grabs media attention, being
featured in 27 top interiors and fashion
magazines and national newspapers over 4
• No other product from this furniture line has
ever received as much press over so long a
Little Chair Gets Lots of Press
From left: The World of
Interiors, House Beautiful,
Media Relationships & Product Placements
• This Old House, HGTV and other remodeling
• Increased Kohler brand product placements in
• Increased Kohler brand product donations for
Showcase Homes with target demographics
and media coverage/sponsorship.
Create Buzz | Wisconsin 529 College Savings Program Launch
• EdVest school bus toured state for
• Media events in state’s five media
• Successful editorial board visits.
• Touring bus captured media’s and
Create Buzz | EdVest Enrollment Soars
• Assets grew from $10 million to $95 million in
first 6 months.
• Accounts skyrocketed from 2,200 to 22,000.
• 40 newspaper stories, 18 TV stories, 4 radio
• “This is unbelievable growth…It
has exceeded our expectations.”
Wisconsin State Treasurer Jack Voight
Start Date May 14,
6 Months Later Nov.
EdVest Assets (in thousands)
Launched this professional trade
newsletter in 2000. It continues today
to promote the Kohler Builder
marketing program and upsell
builders on higher end products and
Influencing Customer Buying Decisions
• Company-sponsored magazine editor for
Sherwin-Williams paint and contributing
editor for Peterbilt and Kenworth (Paccar
Corp.) truck magazines.
• Under my editorship, the Sherwin-Williams
– Became the industry’s largest trade
publication (310,000 circulation)
– Sherwin-Williams’ top wholesale
– Doubled its size with advertiser support
– Grew to a quarterly publication
Construction Industry Experience
• Contributing editor to several Caterpillar magazines and PR counsel for Caterpillar work tool
• Publicist for Grove cranes and aerial work platforms.
• PR counsel to Fiatallis, former manufacturer of wheeloaders and construction machinery.
• Outboard Marine multi-state
media tour of just-in-time
• Outboard Marine 50th
• Bass Pro promotion for Evinrude
& OMC Parts, with placements
in Time and Wall Street Journal.
• Cruisers Yachts publicity.
Global Communications for a Global World
Public Affairs | Managing Issues Globally
• Worker union negotiations in the U.S., Canada and France.
• Environmental issues in Canada. Water conservation in U.S., Australia.
• Plant closings in France, Canada.
• New plant sites in China, Russia, Mexico and India.
• Acquisitions in England, France, China, Australia and New Zealand.
• Intellectual property and trademark issues in China.
• Petitioning Congress and government bodies on legislative policy matters
important to the business internationally, nationally, regionally and
Managing Corporate Reputation Worldwide
• Labor, product and human rights issues.
• Interest group/NGO opposition and boycott
• Celebrity visits and media coverage.
• Employees in the news with consequences for
• Prolonged plant strike that leads to employing
• Media spokesperson for Strong Funds
• Anthrax scare locked down Strong campus
day after 9/11.
• Kohler corporate spokesperson for all crises,
including plant fires, toxic spills, plant
accidents and employee incidents, strikes,
• Developed and published Corporate Crisis
Communications online course for
• Annual Strong Economic Outlook lunch for
Wall Street media.
• Continued media relations made Jay a go-
to source for The Wall Street Journal, The
Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune,
Business Week and CNBC.
• Highly regarded for his clear, concise and
level-headed assessment of 9/11’s impact
on the economy.
Chief Economist, Strong Investments
Gold and Addy
2007, for “What Do
Award, 2006, for