Nancy Pike RES V2
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nancy Pike RES V2
NANCY PIKE, FACHE, LIFE STATUS
903-815-2581 | 3512 Cherry Blossom Lane, McKinney, TX 75070 | firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR LEVEL EXECUTIVE
A patient-focused healthcare professional leverages a strong clinical background and extensive experience in leading
healthcare/clinical operations to direct efforts related to process improvements, expansions, startups or turnarounds,
business development, and physician recruiting/relations. Excels in planning and implementing strategic business plans,
developing and launching new service lines, and creating efficiencies. Utilizes regulatory knowledge to identify areas of
waste and non-compliance; implements recommendations for construction, equipment upgrades, automation, including
software installations, restructuring, staff recruitment, training and retention that lead organizations to positive
outcomes. Demonstrates commitment to servant leadership, high quality customer service, and the mission of
P&L– Budgeting & Forecasting – Negotiations – Cost Controls – Operations – Compliance – Safety – Risk Management
Communications – Customer/Patient Relations – Inventory/Loss Control – QA – R&D - Event Planning – HR/Recruiting
Training & Development – Process Improvement – Project Management – Policy Development/Implementation – Sales
Proposals – Strategic Planning – Disease Management – Population Health Management – Evidenced Based Medicine
Practice Oversight &Acquisitions – Physician Alignment Initiatives – Fully Functioning Facility Moves – Startup Leadership
Select Career Highlights
• Served as Interim COO at Nashville General Hospital and MeHarry Medical School to help correct financial and
medical staff relations/polarization issues; identified and presented options that would save from $56M to $23M
upon implementation over a two year period.
• Consulted Baylor Healthcare System’s startup project in McKinney, Texas, providing recommendations for service
structure and credentialing while helping them surpass net projected profits by $2M+.
• Negotiated the first partnership in the country with M.D. Anderson's Outreach Cancer program; oversaw the
construction and operations of a new oncology program for the Texoma Healthcare System.
• Oversaw development of an Ambulatory Surgery Center, leading the $11M project from collaboration with
architects to construction completion; served as CEO/ Administrator for the Outpatient Surgery Center upon launch.
• Wrote three case studies for the American College of Healthcare Executives, mentored five Healthcare
Administration Fellows, serve as an Examination Writer for healthcare administration studies at universities, and
published an e-book on domestic violence.
Chief Executive Officer (2013-Present) THE HILDON GROUP, LLC, McKinney, TX
Directs operations and functions of the mediation, arbitration, negotiation, coaching, and mentoring services firm.
• Provides services as a Certified Advanced Family, Divorce, Eldercare & Healthcare Mediator/Arbitrator and Certified
Co- Parenting Facilitator as well as an inAccord Disputant Analysis Screener (used in international peace negotiations).
• Performs CDP Workplace Conflict Analysis.
Interim Consultant (2011-2014) BAYLOR SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH, Dallas, TX
Accepted Assignments as designated by Gary Brock, Ph.D. President and COO, Baylor Scott and White Heath.
• Led/completed projects related to business development, early ACO development, and other mission-critical fields.
NANCY PIKE, FACHE, LIFE STATUS 903-815-2581 | email@example.com | Page 2
• Consulted on the planning and launch of a new Baylor Medical Center in McKinney, Texas.
• Provided anesthesia service structure and credentialing (a surgeon sponsored model) as well as service line
recommendations and development strategies.
• Guided hospital in turning a projected net operating loss into a $2M net profit during first year of operation.
Professional Overview continued…
Interim COO (2012-2013) NASHVILLE GENERAL/MEHARRY MED SCHOOL/ BORDEAUX-KNOWLES LONG TERM CARE, Nashville, TN
Restructured operations to prevent closure, achieve financial turnaround, and create positive staff/school relations.
• Provided recommendations for outsourcing of services, replacement of aged facilities, rebidding of some services,
eliminations of other services, and price increases/FTE reductions that would yield an estimated $250K in one
• Received a bid and submitted it for a lease on the lab space for a Nashville based reference lab that would
generate revenue for the hospital; proposal would increase revenue 20%, reduce delays in services, and grow
• Identified $1M+ of wasted expenses across multiple hospital functions and provided corrective action plans.
Interim Consultant (2012-2013) PARKLAND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Dallas, TX
Hired to provide crisis management and help the hospital address safety and quality issues and reverse survey failures.
• Restructured the patient satisfaction department as well as the wound care program.
• Reviewed imaging, laboratory, pharmacy, and security functions as well as the outpatient indigent drug program.
• Identified and reported on problem areas related to patient safety in transport/transfers.
VP of Professional & Ambulatory Services (1992-2011) TEXOMA HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, Sherman/Denison, TX
Also worked as Vice President of Ancillary & Support Services and Director of Laboratories for this acute care system with
260 licensed beds, affiliated facilities, and more than 250 physicians.
• Provided administrative direction for the neurosciences and rehabilitation programs and developed service lines
such as Heart & Vascular Institute, stroke center, bariatric/orthopedic and spine surgery, epilepsy monitoring, home
health, senior health, urgent care, indigent health clinics/drug programs, and rural health/outreach clinics.
• Managed construction projects, coordinated renovations, and developed land for future projects while overseeing
large capital acquisitions and installation projects, from negotiations to project completion.
• Planned and coordinated a physician recruitment program that generated placement of 100+ physicians in order to
replenish a first generation medical staff for the facility in addition to outlying markets.
• Restructured three underperforming departments and replaced equipment/staff as needed to turn the operations
around; launched aggressive marketing programs, educational campaigns, and incentive-based recruitment plans
while reducing operating budgets and altering staff schedules to optimize performance and efficiencies.
• Selected as coding compliance project leader, co-chaired CMS disease management demonstration, co-led tax
exempt financing project with CFO, acted as compliance committee leader and revenue enhancement project
leader, served as steering committee member of 5.01(a)/MSO/Foundation model development and reengineering
• Oversaw Laboratory, Imaging, Pharmacy, Respiratory, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgical Procedures/ACU&PACU.
Education & Credentials
MS, Health Care Administration – TRINITY UNIVERSITY | BS, Medical Technology – LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Advanced Mediator/Arbitrator – MANOUSSO MEDIATION | Assisted Living Admin – CENTERS FOR HEALTH EDUCATION & RESEARCH
Certified Eldercare & Healthcare Mediator & inAccord Disputant Analyst – MEDIATORS WITHOUT BORDERS
Board Certified in Health Care Management | American College of Healthcare Executives Fellow
NANCY PIKE, FACHE, LIFE STATUS 903-815-2581 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Page 2
American College of Healthcare Executives Life Fellow | North Texas ACHE Chapter (Member)
North Texas Chapter American College of Healthcare Executives
ACHE Regents Advisory Council (Texas Area B – Past Member)
HOSPAC – Texas Hospital Association (Past Board Member)
American Society Clinical Pathologists Medical Technology / Hematology Specialist
Credentialed Mediator, Texas Association of Mediators