Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nancy_Hunt_resume
617 Greenhill Drive
Birmingham, AL 35209
September 2015 to
May 2011 to
M.S. Secondary Education, University of Phoenix
3/36 credit hours completed
M.S. Leadership, Walden University
24 credit hours completed
1993 to 1994
1987 to 1988
1979 to 1982
M.B.A. Business Administration, Virginia College
B.S. General Business, Virginia College
A.S. Internet Webmaster Technician, Virginia College
Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic, National Registry, Gadsden State Community College
Emergency Medical Technician Basic & Intermediate, Walker State Technical College
Homewood High School, Diploma Business Administration
Skills and Abilities Personal Training;
• Ability to train others in a one on one or online environment through knowledge,
experience, and patience.
• Skilled in developing and implementing standardized policies and procedures.
• Strong critical thinking and writing skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively with others through email, phone, and in person.
• Enthusiastic and creative;
• Ability to work independently or in teams with strong leadership skills. Organized,
ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines of work assignments. Motivation of personal
listening skills, and communication with others for their benefit. Motivator of employees
to achieve set goals and performance levels.
• PC Basics, Microsoft Excel 2002 & 2007, 2010, Microsoft Word 2007, 2010 , Windows
XP, Vista, Windows 7, Professional Certification for Excel and Word from the National
Computer Science Academy
• E-Platform Software: Web CT, Angel, Blackboard,
• Database Software: Campus Vue, AlaQuest
• MS Office – (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
• Fifteen years computer experience with Windows Operating Systems
September 2012 to
January 2007 to
May 2002 to
Substitute Teacher, City of Birmingham, Birmingham
• Substitute Teacher for grade range of K – 12
• Monitor classroom activity, teach daily activities
• Motivate students to learn by skills of leadership
Academic Advisor/Student Services, Virginia College Online, Birmingham
• Assist and train Student Service personal with call list, student schedules, various
databases, book portal systems, and other duties as assigned.
• Provide continuing students with academic and personal advisory, basic technical support,
troubleshooting, and quality customer service.
• Monitor students’ routines to include attendance and academic progress with focus on
retention and promoting the development of the general well-being and academic success
• Assist students with scheduling needs and approve student schedules with accuracy.
Registrar Virginia College Online, Birmingham
• Responsible for database entry of all student actions, such as attendance, grades,
registration, scheduling, change in schedule, change in program, transfer credits, and the
withdrawal process in a timely manner to stay within financial, quarter start and quarter
• Managed Registrar’s Office from 200 students in 2003 to a student body of over 1,200
students in 2007 Management also included Registrar’s Office employees, Academic
Files, and Building and Supplies.
• Analyzed Official Academic Transcripts for Transfer of Credit.
• Maintained reports such as the Change in Status, Weekly Extract, Annual Institutional
Report for ACISC Accreditation, and Financial Aid Clearing House Report through St.
• Developed and maintained student academic degree audits for scheduling and graduation
certification, retention reports, registrations status, instructor grading spreadsheets to
include attendance tracking, and quarterly course counts in Excel.
• Strong Ability of creative thinking for assessing and solving problems and/or situations.
October 1987 to
National Registered Paramedic/Field Training Officer, American Medical Response,
• Delivered life saving emergency care of patients, medical and traumatic.
• Maintained all drugs and intravenous fluids to ensure proper date and dosages.
• Community involvement with company for educational benefits.
• Prepared paperwork for ambulance daily check sheets and paperwork for each patient
transport as per the specified dictation from the Alabama Emergency Medical Services.
• Taught classes and trained new employees and students from UAB.
Dr. David Vaillancourt: National Spelling Bee: 21437 Clubside Loop, Lutz, FL, 33549, 205-541-
Jane Murphy: Instructor 15456 Park Lane, Conroe, TX, 77302, 205-249-9905
Mike Aday: Instructor 4959 Spring Rock Road, Birmingham, AL 35223, 205-956-8429