Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nancy_Esp_Resume_09-22-2015
Nancy A. Esp
13241 W. Hidden Springs Trail, Wadsworth, IL 60083 • (847) 731-7130 • NancyBostickEsp@aol.com
Corporate Executive Assistant who currently provides administrative and logistical
support to the Baxalta Incorporated Board of Directors and Corporate Secretary.
Strong time-management and interpersonal skills. Able to anticipate needs and resolve
difficulties to ensure a smoothly running, supportive environment for the senior leaders
that I support. Confident and poised while interacting with individuals at all levels of the
organization, including the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors. Excellent
computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Outlook,
PowerPoint and Excel.
Baxalta Incorporated, Deerfield, IL May, 2015-Current
Corporate Executive Assistant
• Remotely assist the Chairman of the Board as necessary, including coordinating
travel arrangements and managing meeting requests.
• Primary responsibility for organization and execution of the Baxalta Board and
Committee meetings, including scheduling, travel arrangements, event planning and
oversight of external service providers. Serve as an attendant outside of all Board and
Committee meetings, providing any necessary support to Directors and the Corporate
• Primary administrative contact for the Baxalta Directors, interfacing directly with
Directors and global corporate executives and their support personnel.
• Provide direct administrative support to the Corporate Secretary, including
maintaining corporate records, minutes, and meeting materials.
• Manage electronic Board portal system, including uploading materials, managing
access and document permissions, and maintaining proficiency in administration of
portal and iPad functionality.
• Responsible for tracking Director compensation and paying Director fees on a
quarterly basis; responsible for processing expenses for Directors and Corporate
Secretary on a timely basis.
Hospira, Inc., Lake Forest, IL September, 2012-May, 2015
• Coordinate administrative activities in support of two senior leaders, including
managing their daily calendars and making appropriate, informed decisions regarding
their available time.
• Anticipate senior leaders’ needs; providing high level, proactive support.
• Work with highly confidential information, including human resource matters and
potential merger and acquisition opportunities.
• Manage travel, both domestically and internationally, from pre-planning to expense
• Used discretion and judgment in screening visitors and telephone calls, scheduling
appointments, and organizing workload to meet established priorities.
• Assist with financial matters including monthly reserve accruals. Coordinate
processing, payment and recording of third party billings with Accounts Payable;
track same in department matter management system.
• Organize and coordinate employee morale and group events within the Legal
• Support Board of Director activities, including meetings, minutes, calendars, and
correspondence. Working knowledge of BoardVantage and Diligent Boardbooks.
• Assist with the implementation of a matter management system, acting as Tracker
Coordinator (Serengeti Legal Matter Management).
Hospira, Inc., Lake Forest, IL July, 2004-September, 2012
• Assist Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Secretary and his direct reports in
the management of legal case files, worked with all internal groups to collect and
prepare documents for discovery, participated in the legal hold process, bates
numbering of documents prior to production, and coordinating delivery of discovery
to outside counsel.
• Act as gatekeeper for the Legal Department, providing front-line customer service to
all internal groups.
• Responsible for processing and tracking all legal fees, including handling billing and
collection disputes with law firms and expert witnesses.
• Coordinate with outside auditors and various law firms to facilitate year-end legal
• Provide assistance in making travel arrangements and processing expense reports.
• Manage all mail and service of process, creating case files and alerted appropriate
attorney, paralegal, and/or outside counsel.
Baxter Healthcare Corporation, McGaw Park, IL January, 2001-July, 2004
Sr. Executive Assistant
• Assist Sr. Director, Project Management – R&D, Renal Division, in her role as
project team leader for development of a new biopharmaceutical product for anemia.
• Assist global project leader in the successful development and launch of a new
peritoneal dialysis solution.
- Worked collaboratively with Regulatory Affairs during the assembly and
construction of a new drug application (NDA) for submission to the United States
- Organized multiple internal and external meetings in support of an FDA Advisory
Committee Meeting; traveled with team (internal staff and external experts) to
Washington, DC to provide administrative support and coordinate all pre-meeting
Kelly Temporary Services, Lake County, IL 1993-2001
• 1995-2001, Executive Assistant, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Renal Division,
Solutions R&D, McGaw Park, Illinois.
• 1994-1995, Human Resources Assistant at a large firm located in Lake County,
Illinois on a part-time basis. General office.
• 1993-1994, Word Processing Specialist at a major pharmaceutical company located
in Lake County, Illinois on a part-time basis. Typed, edited and proofed internal
operating procedures for creation of an electronic documentation system.
First Midwest Bank, Waukegan, IL 1979-1985
Administrative Assistant, Commercial Lending
• Assist senior lending officers with preparation of commercial loan documentation and
• Recorded confidential minutes of weekly departmental meetings for submission to the
Board of Directors.
• Process loan payments and provided customer service on all commercial accounts.
• College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL 1979-1992
Classes of interest (examples: creative writing, fashion merchandising, psychology, word
• Zion Benton Township High School, Zion, IL 1974-1978
Graduate. Secretarial and business education including shorthand, court reporting, and
Available upon request.