Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Naman_SW_Dev
Naman Gupta 09818515251, 09967272109
Computer Science & Engineering M.Tech.
IIT Bombay Male
Specialization: Computer Science & Engineering DOB: 17/03/1990
Examination University Institute Year CPI / %
Post Graduation IIT Bombay IIT Bombay 2015 8.88
Graduation UPTU Krishna Engineering College 2011 81.76
Intermediate/+2 CBSE Bal Bharati Public School,Noida 2007 86.4
Matriculation CBSE Bal Bharati Public School,Noida 2005 87.6
• Secured All India Rank 24 in GATE 2013 among 224,160 applicants.
• Received Certificate ofMerit and Scholarship for excellence in academics at Krishna Engineering College in
• Received Certificate of appreciation fromTheGreatMind Challenge (TGMC) -AnnualNationwide Software
Development Competition by IBM in 2010.
• Received Certificate of Academic Excellence at Bal Bharati Public School, Noida in 2005-06.
• Secured All India Rank 89 in All India Erose Open Scholarship Examination in 2005.
• TCS Innovation Labs, Gurgaon [May-July’14]
Integrated Analysis of News, Views and Reviews, Guided by Dr. Lipika Dey
◦ Use of open data to give early signals to manufacturers.
∗ Extracted and integrated open data from news articles, Social Media content from Twitter and
dedicated discussion fora like customer complaint/review websites.
∗ Used Sentiment Analysis techniques to give manufacturers input on shortcomings or strength of
∗ Language: Java, Web Technologies: HTML, JS, D3, JSP, AJAX, Tools: CoreNLP.
M.TECH PROJECT AND SEMINAR
• M.Tech Project: Open Domain Event Extraction [Ongoing]
(Guided by Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya)
◦ Objective : To build a domain independent event extraction system for extracting events from On-line
∗ Extraction of event(s) and their associated entities, attributes from news.
∗ Extracted events and classified them into semantic classes.
∗ Used semantic information from lexical resources to help event extraction task.
∗ Order on a timeline all the events in which a target entity is involved (To start).
• M.Tech Seminar: Evaluation of Linked Open Data [Jan-May’14]
(Guided by Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya)
◦ Studied the internal structure and applications of Open Source databases/resources like WordNet,
YAGO, Freebase, ConceptNet, VerbNet, FrameNet, Propbank and VerbOcean.
• SMS Translation System Advanced Natural Language Processing-Spring’14
◦ Developed an Android application by integrating Statistical and Rule-based methods to Normalize
and Translate English text written in SMS style to Hindi.
◦ Added an additional plugin for Text to Speech translation.
◦ Languages: Java,Bash Tools & Libraries: Moses, Google Transliteration API, Android SDK, Gnuplot.
• Part of Speech Tagging Natural Language Processing-Autumn’13
◦ Developed a Part of Speech Tagging system for English sentences with 93.4% accuracy.
◦ Used the HMM (Hidden Markov Model), Viterbi and various smoothing techniques to avoid data
• Spell Checker Natural Language Processing-Autumn’13
◦ Developed a tool for checking English spellings and suggesting possible corrections.
◦ Implemented different methods like edit distance based, Kernighan method, and alignment based
using GIZA++ and Moses.
• Optimization of Or-Is-Null Join Operation in PostgreSQL Database Systems-Autumn’13
◦ Optimized the implementation of OR-IS-NULL join by replacing the queries for generating the indexes
and selection of join tuples with actual function calls.
◦ Reduced the execution time by 90%.
• WEBKIOSK - Campus Information Portal Final Year Project
◦ DevelopedWeb Interface to facilitate interaction and provide a platformfor fast exchange of information
between Students and Faculties.
◦ Project was selected in National Web Development Contest by IBM, The Great Challenge (TGMC).
◦ Language: Java, Web Technologies: HTML, JSP, JS, AJAX, XML, Database: Oracle, DB2.
Natural Language Processing, AdvanceNatural Language Processing, Database System, SoftwareArchitecture,
Probabilistic Models, Applied Economics, Network Security and Cryptography (Ongoing).
• Programming Languages : C, C++, Java
• Scripting Languages : Python, Shell
• Tools and IDE : scikit-learn, LaTeX, Eclipse, Moses, SVN, Gnuplot
• SOPRA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.
Engineer Developer [July’11 - July’13]
◦ AGEFOS NSI: An e-Governance project for the French client AGEFOS that collects training tax from
establishments & disburses funds for professional trainings.
◦ Responsible for analyzing & understanding requirements, design, development and testing of the
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Vice President of Undergraduate College Computer Society BLITZ for the session 2010-11.
• Teaching Assistantship : Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Database and Information
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• 3rd in Inter Department PG Table Tennis tournament at IIT Bombay. [August’13]
• Participated in Sri AuroBindo Value Education Workshop for value education, leadership, mediation and
• Participated in workshop by Kabir Peace Mission for developing positive thinking in society.