Nakyra hill proper netiquette 9 18-12
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nakyra hill proper netiquette 9 18-12
• “An act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that authors work as ones own, as by not crediting the original author.”• Plagiarism is when you copy someone’s work (three or more consecutive words are the same) and you don’t give the person that wrote it credit for it or when you do not put where you got the information from.
• When you plagiarize there are consequences that come with this decision• Some of the consequences can be bad and some of them can be not so bad, either way you are still going to get in trouble for plagiarizing.• If you take someone’s work and don’t gIve them credit for it or call it you own, that person can sue you for that.• You can also go to jail for plagiarizing.
• Netiquette is proper internet etiquette.• Etiquette is good behavior.• Internet etiquette is very
When chatting with a person via the internet, make sure you are aware of your words and how they might sound. DO NOT PUT YOUR WORDS IN ALL CAPS. If you capitalize all of your words it may come off as shouting or yelling at someone. When you are online it is good to use emoticons. Emoticons can show your emotion and how you feel while on the computer. When you are on the computer its important that you don’t put any of your personal information online. By putting personal information on the web it makes it easy for anybody and everybody to know everything about you, and that’s not good all of the time. Do not cyberbully. If you cyberbully it is a possibility that you can get kicked off of a website for that. This is really serious.Do not plagiarize or copywright.
• Copyright : the ability or the right to copy work.• In my opinion copyrighting is just as bad as plagiarism.• If you take pictures off of the internet and it has a copyright symbol, that is not a useable picture.
• “Copyright is the law of the • Even though some images United States that protects might not have the copyright the work of the authors, artists, symbol on it doesn’t mean it and others from being used without permission”. is not copyrighted. (www.cyberbee.com) • According to• Copyrighting is not only for www.cyberbee.com “Almost schoolwork and reports but the everything on the web is same rule goes for music and art. copyrighted”
• Remember to state your identity when you are messaging a person• Check your spelling• Do not be sarcastic.• Make sure you read what you are going to post or send before you actually post it or send it.
• Internet rules are important because you need to know what you can and cannot do on the computer.• Plagiarism is a serious offense so think about whether you want to face the consequences before you do it.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/copyright (2012)http://www.Cyberbee.com/cb_copyright.swf(1996-2012)http://www.webster.edu/~barrettb/material/plagiarism.html (n.d.)http://www.middletwp.k12.nj.us/ms/LibraryMedia/CopyrightInfo.aspxNetiquette & Truth about the Net (n.d.)http://bhscybersafety.wikispaces.com/Netiquette+%26+Truth+about+the+Nethttp://www.longislandcomputerconsultant.com/Computer_Repair/Rockville_Centre_Computer_Repair.html (n.d.)