Nakia Keith Curric Vitae 112015linkedin
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nakia Keith Curric Vitae 112015linkedin
Nakia C. Keith
NAKIA C. KEITH
Pursuing PhD. - earned M.ED. & MBA
• Extensive background in training and utilizing learning and teaching theories to maximize the effectiveness of
• Exceptional career demonstrating proficiency in facilitating knowledge transfer through highly interactive
lectures, virtual class room, demonstrations and facilitation of hands on exercises at the secondary education,
vocational and corporate levels. Outstanding track record in assuring student success.
• Especially skilled in designing, developing and implementing training programs for face-to-face and distance
learning for large-scale implementations.
• Proficient in conceiving and building programs from the ground up through proven competencies in
curriculum design, project management, staff development and empowerment.
• Over ten years of experience in Cox Business product and service sales life cycle, operational processes and
applications such as SalesForce, eDOMA, rPost, SharePoint and various CRMs.
• Remain current in job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current on industry
tweets, joining professional groups on LinkedIn, reading professional publications and participating in
professional organizations such as the E-Learning Guild, ATD, WIC and NAMIC.
• PhD., Curriculum Design for Online Learning, Capella University, Minneapolis, MN, expected 2017
• MBA, Project Management, Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, AL, 2011
• M.Ed., Technology in Education, Strayer University, Chesapeake, VA, 2009
• BS, Business Education, Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA, 2000
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Strayer University, 2009
• Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Columbia Southern University, 2011
Chief Learning Officer, Virtuosic Solutions, Virginia Beach, VA, 2007-present
• Design, develop and implement online learning courses for a non-profit organization serving over 10,000
• Proficient in the use of Blackboard and other LMS technology in the development of online learning.
• Provide program management for needs assessment, implementation, delivery and tracking of training
programs and projects.
• Provide ROI and other educational metrics.
NAKIA C. KEITH 3
Teacher, Huntington Learning Center, Virginia Beach, VA, 2008 -2009
• Taught the Huntington Learning Center Academic Improvement Program (Reading, Math, and Writing) to
classes averaging 15 students.
• Maintained order and discipline in the classroom.
Instructor, Wards Corner Beauty Academy, Virginia Beach, VA, 2007- 2008
• Instructed adults in the theory and practice of Cosmetology.
• Supervise students on the clinic floor and mentor temporary licensed Instructors to assist them in obtaining
• Maintained and managed the classroom and clinic floor to include registering and assisting clients.
Curriculum Design/Training Intern, NTDO-Cox Communications, Inc., Atlanta, GA, 2006
• Applied knowledge of Cox Business, learning theories and curriculum design to assist in the development of
several training courses (instructor led and WBT). Related curriculum to specific subjects, individual student
needs and occupational areas.
• Determined what improvements were needed for curriculum design and development such as the
presentation of the programs and auxiliary services, such as teaching guides and workshops.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
Revenue/Margin Assurance Analyst, Cox Business, Chesapeake, VA, 2013- Present
• Identify revenue assurance opportunities through the analysis of data and assessment of business processes
and creates potential solutions.
• Analyze data to identify revenue leakage or billing anomalies.
Sales Coordinator/Support Administrator, Cox Business, Chesapeake, VA, 2005 - 2013
• Facilitate employee training on procedures, policies, and software systems such as EDOMA and OPTIX.
• Develop process improvement programs to reduce operating cash flow.
Customer Service Lead, Cox Communications, Inc., Chesapeake, VA, 1999 – 2005
• Designed and implemented the Lead Training Program; effectively trained and mentored new leads.
• Designed and implemented a temporary CSR training program.
• Proficient in training and supervising call center representatives.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ), member, 2015-present
• American Association of University Professionals (AAUP), member, 2014-present
• Association for Educational Communication & Technology (AECT), member, 2014-present
• Association for Talent Development (ATD formerly ASTD), member, 2013-2014
• E-Learning Guild, associate member, 2013-present
• National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC), member, 2013-present
• Women In Cable Technology, member, 2013-present
• National Urban League Young Professionals, member, 2012- present
• Project Management Institute- Hampton Roads Chapter, member, 2011-2013
• Cox VA Diversity Council-Supplier Diversity Committee, 2007-2010
NAKIA C. KEITH 4
• Project Management Conference, Virginia Tech University, 2010
• Six Sigma Green Belt, Cox Communications, Inc., 2008
• Leadership Development & Board Governance, Project Inclusion, United Way, 2006
• Teaching Licensure- Secondary Business Education, State of Virginia, Current
• Cosmetology Instructor, Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation, Current
• Volunteer of the Quarter- Cox Communications, Inc., 2nd
• President, Project Inclusion of the United Way of South Hampton Roads Alumni Assoc., Norfolk, VA, 2015
• Officer Positions, WISEGUYS MC&A-Global, Inc. (A 501c3 non-profit), Virginia Beach, VA, 2013-present
• Officer Positions, WiseGuys MC&A, Inc. (A 501c3 non-profit), Virginia Beach, VA, various-2013
• Chair-Planning Committee, United Way’s Trilogy Anniversary for the Minority Advisory Council, Project
Inclusion and the African American Leadership Giving Initiative, Virginia Beach, VA, 2011
• Fundraiser Table Captain, National Urban League, Hampton Roads, VA, 2010, 2013
• Volunteer, Salvation Army, Hampton Roads, VA
• Volunteer, United Way, Hampton Roads, VA
• Volunteer, Dwelling Place, Norfolk, VA