Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Naji Kouka_2015_F_AV
US & EU citizen
• High level understanding of telecommunication network infrastructure for fixed and mobile applications of
Alcatel Lucent (ALU), Ericsson, Nortel, Nokia Siemens (NSN), 2G/3G/4G GSM/UMTS/LTE RF/RAN and Data
translation, RF Radio Parameters, Radio Features, Planning, Optimization and Design, Small Cell Project
• Systems Security Professional, Cisco Network Associate and Professional for Voice, Routing & Switching,
(CISSP/ CCNA/ CCNP)
• Compliance operational excellence and quality governance
• Quality Management System Foundation, Six Sigma Improvement Methodology, Management System and
Control Methodology MSOC and Lean contribution to QMS
• Specialized in Core Telecom networks, cell site installations, Advanced Technical Customer Support, cell sites
neighborhood parameters, RF identification/prep-post work, Order Management, PM project Management and
• Work experience with ISO9000 and ANSI including elaboration of customers specifications and requirements
• Network signaling platforms technologies including Transmission MW/SS7/CCITT/TCP-IP/ETTCS/HLR/MSC
(Ethernet to Cell Site)/ET’s/ PM for IP-Ethernet Technical support deployment for GSMoE/UMTS/LTE Over
• Technical customer sales management support, technical project management, and telecom infrastructure
• Wireless installation, integration, cutover, upgrade, scripting, ROMT, TMA, Antenna, Diplexer, DC-block,
Surge-Restor, BAIST, Jumpers, RRU, WRRU, TRX, ETMFX, RF, RFDS
• Leading/managing small or large RF teams for integration, ConceptWave, drive testing, launch, and creative
solutions for KPI goals
• Multilingual, fluent in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, English, French, Italian and Spanish
TECHNICAL & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, GSM, UTMS, NMT, TDMA, CDMA, RAN, UTRAN, Node B, RNC, RBS, BSS, NSS, KPI,
Mapinfo, Quantum, CNN, RFDS, RF, Packet Network, Scaling, Capacity Planning
• Design and architecting skills - Efficient in designing and planning of new technologies and driving the
• 20+ years of Large Enterprise / Telecom Network infrastructure experience.
• Switches, AXE, OMT, Winfiol, OSS, CDPD, CSD, STP, Flexent Modular cells (CDMA & PCS)
• Skilled in Managing Large Networks including Routing, Switching, Load Balancers, Security infrastructure
• NOC or War room or Contact Center Support, Operations Management, People Management
• ROMT software, NetAct CM Analyzer / CM Editor / CM Operations Mgr/Trace Viewer
• Experience with Sr. System Integration Engineering/Network Administrator & acquired hands-on experience in
the above areas in large & complex setups
• MSC, HLR, APG, APZ, APT, DNX, DMS, SAI SMS, MTC, LUP, PGW, SPML, SAM, Firmware, RNC, MGW,
Juniper, iDirect, TMA, OSS
• DS1, DS3, Fiber, ISDN, RF Jumpers, Granite, E1, Minilink, ATM, Cisco SIAD
• Run the system heath check procedures & Analyze the results
• OSS, Remedy, CTS, EIM, UNIX, Windows, MS Office
• Global NOC/NIC, Warrom, PAC, RF performance
• Knowledge and experience with inter-network routing architectures, and the underlying network security
• Experience in systems like Cisco products, Juniper, F5 BigIP, Radware, CSS/CSM, ACE etc
• Good communication (written & oral), presentation skills, quick learner, self-initiated, team player, willing to
travel, open to work in different shifts
• Experience with Cisco Networking, VoIP, IT Security & Infrastructure, Data and Voice Network
Management/Administration and Wireless Network Support expert
• Significant experience with Project Management, Backbone and Metro Facility and Equipment Inventory
(BGW/TCOMS), Customer Provisioning Processes-Ericsson TEMS system, AGILENT, Network Infrastructure
Design, Ethernet & Metro Private Line Provisioning Services and Support, OSS Integration & Process
Improvement, Internal Network Management Systems (IDN/VMN), System and process familiarity with
TCOMS, F&E, MECCA, BGW, Provisioning Controller (PC), SubNet Manager, CCP and vBuild, Network
Migration and Groom Management, System/Site Decommissioning Program Management, Domestic and
International Transmission Standards
• Over 20 Years of Mobility Experience, Technical engineering degree or 15+ years experience in the field, Strong
communication skills and completely fluent in English
• specifying and evaluating service and architecture requirements
• Developing Engineering and architecture solution designs
• Wireless network and system architecture (subsystems, interfaces, HW/SW dependencies, scaling).
• Capacity planning and Management, Tools and Process
• Wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, OMA, wireless spectrum, UMTS, LTE)
• Voice, video, and app technologies/protocols (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.)
• Messaging and Data technologies/protocols (SGSN,GGSN, SGW,PGW, SMS, MMS)
• Policy and charging technologies/protocols (PCRF, OCS)
• IP routing and scaling technologies/protocols (IPV4/V6, SNMP, VRF,SSH, OSPF, NAT, VRRP)
• Knowledge in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP network Address Management,
• Advanced Technical Customer Support, Optimization and Design, RF identification/prep-work, PM project
• Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Delivery Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
• Understands Data Center design and inter data center optimization
• Works in a multi-vendor environment
• Facilitate VoLTE design and testing knowledge transfer to Client Network Engineering and Operations teams.
Good knowledge of LTE and IMS call-flows
• Manage and deliver with an project plan and tight timeline
• Support deployment release planning for mission critical applications for major releases,
• Develops technical documentation on applications and systems.
• Worked with a wireless carrier, worked on wireless network, understand the call flow within the network.
• Packet Network, Packet PS Core, HLR, HSS, Enhanced Network, Packet Switch Network.
• Combination of Arch/Eng combo, implementation, scaling, capacity projects, MESSAGING/IMS
• Motivated, determined, open-minded and organized
• Fluent in English, French, Swedish and Finnish
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-managing and a great team player
• Excellent PC knowledge: Understanding of computer applications and SW development processes (Windows, IT,
TCP/IP, Internet, Java, HTML, Oracle, Unix, Internet, XQL, Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Ability to adapt and conduct seminars skills, ability to establish strong relationships with customer personnel and
coworkers, reports and documents presentation
• Experience with end user/operators throughout various national and international locations
• Excellence in Service in Technical Customer Support
• Experience and knowledge of technical principles and methods using own judgment to select appropriate
• Quick adaption to new work environment, respecting deadlines, learning new procedures and share own
knowledge with my colleagues
• Following work emergency standards related to E911, Disaster, Hurricanes, backup power and hazardous
• Develop annual internal communication plan, strategies and programs aimed at supporting Client’s objectives,
particularly employee engagement
• Provide strategic planning and delivery support for project’s programs to influence cultural change
• Includes change management and integration of people, programs and initiatives
• Provide strategic counsel to senior executives and develops messaging and internal presentations for project
updates, key initiatives, issues and other topics
• Develop strategies for employees communication tools
• Develop and lead internal strategy to educate and empower
• Support global internal communications measurement dashboard providing employees engagement statistics
• Work closely with a cross-functional team of service provider Product Management, Network Engineering, and
Network Design organizations to ensure lab certification and reliability
• Assure that all processes and procedures are documented
• Act as a Single Point of Accountability for the project
• Have the interpersonal skills needed to interact and effect positive results from a diverse mix of service provider,
product management, technical resource teams, and executive stakeholders
• Strong Project Management skills, experience with PM tools and processes
• Knowledge of service provider Evolved Packet Core architecture for UMTS/LTE networks, EPC functionality
including PCRF, SMS/MMS, AuC, HLR, VLR, etc.
• Detailed Project Planning & Order Management
• Assure lab certification and reliability
• Change Control Management
• Documentation of all processes and procedures
• Issue Resolution/Escalation Planning
• Project Measurement, Evaluation, and Correction
• Status Reporting and Performance Metrics
• Budget Management, ConceptWave
• CDL driver license and good driving record.
• Be independent as well as good team player with the ability to effectively work with multi-functional engineering
• Provide Radio Frequency (RF) and Radio Access Network (RAN) design; utilize ATOLL design tool for
coverage and traffic map creation, obtaining technical approval of new site builds and Long-term Evolution
• Perform extension agreements and field strength agreements; design and maintenance of wireless radio access
network for Global Systems for Mobile Communications (GSM), Universal Mobile Telecommunications Services
(UMTS) and LTE networks; analyze RAN data to recommend optimal changes to RAN network to improve all
the key indexes and performance indicators; apply specialized knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards
and processes to work; analyze and interpret research to evaluate and recommend solutions
• Strong knowledge in LTE/UMTS/IMS Network Architecture and their call flows
• Experience with Ericsson, ALU, LUCENT, ALACATEL, NOKIA, LTE RAN network elements
• Good understanding of Tier-1, 2 & 3 Wireless Operators end to end network
• Experience with LTE core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, SI-U, S6a, S11, S5/S8
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, troubleshooting and communications skills
• Work flexible hours and support Maintenance Window work as needed
• experience configuring, and integrating Ericsson 6201, 6601 RBS eNode B into LTE network
• experience with Ericsson OSS and have experience generating the BSIM and other configuration files
• Ability to interface with customer in a professional manner and apply Innovative approaches to troubleshooting
• Good understanding of telecommunication networks
• Experience using various test equipment
• Knowledge of various telecom equipment vendor products such as Alcatel-Lucent 7705 etc. Excellent
communication and inter personal skills
AVG, Warroom, RF Tiger Team System Performance Mgmt 10/2012 – Present
RF System Planning
Responsible for the performance and optimization of the National Wireless Network. Frequency planning constraints
and requirements (i.e. C/I, co and adjacent channel criteria, etc.). Interference detection and correction techniques.
Antenna characteristics and antenna system design/selection. Intermodulation distortion and knowledge of how to
troubleshoot interference issues. Working with a minimum of supervision. This includes (but not limited to) the
• Antenna replacement, down tilt, azimuth height, handoff parameters, neighbor lists, base station transmit power,
relocation of sectors or sites, addition or deletion of sites, documentation of all changes, analyze VoLTE, baseline,
Nielsen, Root Metrics results, implement solutions for improving those results, monitor network performance
(using SMS alerts, real time tools, stats reports) and respond to system problems. Implement corrective actions in
a timely manner, investigate trouble tickets, provide information to close a ticket, call customer or employee if
necessary. Perform measurements and tests to verify or dispute the interference case and resolve the interference
case or find interferer. Support In-building sites including test coverage at subject location, evaluate DAS designs,
installations, complete all testing, and provide input to Traffic and Fixed Network on capacity requirements.
Conduct drive testing, analyze drive data results and monitor stats for new site integration, system optimization,
and activation. Conduct VOLTE drive testing, analyze drive data results, recommend system optimization
changes to RF Engineering, implement changes and re-drive. Coordinate with RF Engineering in designing and
deploying carrier additions to support network growth. Support adding network equipment and performance
monitoring for special events. Work closely with Operations Group, Vendor, and Design Engineers to
troubleshoot network and hardware issues. Interface with project manager, real estate, construction, switch/field
operations, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and legal to assure that Company Wireless’s network quality
and financial objectives are met. Urban, suburban, rural RF optimization, small cells, repeaters, amplifiers,
antennas, other RF related devices, topics or tools, follow up the cellular or telecommunications industry
development, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication
skills, demonstrated positive, proactive leadership abilities, knowledge of LTE and CDMA technologies,
familiarity with Ericsson/DSLAM/ TRANSPORT/PROTOCOL LAYERS 1 to 5/Lucent/ALU
Andrew/Kathrein/Powerwave, infrastructure. Call processing (originations, handoffs) and data networking
(switching/routing, TCP/IP). Ability to analyze TCP data using WireShark. Antenna design and propagation
knowledge. Understanding of interference detection and correction techniques. Familiarity with RF data
collection/analysis tools and RF test equipment (e.g. DataPro, ActixONE, Accuver, frequency scanners, spectrum
analyzers). Flexibility in work schedule (nights shifts). Self-motivated and resourceful. Proficiency in Microsoft
Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
• Design, deployment and Optimization of cellular (CDMA and LTE) systems, 3GPP/3GPP2 protocol standards,
integration, verification, call processing and data networks.
• Track record with innovative problem solving and hands-on experience with CDMA/LTE network design,
network troubleshooting, fine-tuning and optimization
• Investigate end to end performance of CDMA/LTE networks to a wireless operator working environment
• Experience with CDMA 1X/EVDO/ALU/Ericsson equipment, data services with knowledge of protocols such as
TCP/UDP/IP -Exposure to network planning, measurement, optimization tools such as Atoll, Asset3G, QXDM,
TEMS, Ethereal, Actix, Agilent, R&S, PCtel
• Interworking between Intra/Inter 3GPP and 3GPP2 networks programming/scripting
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to interact with wireless Operators to
investigate and characterize the performance of CDMA/LTE networks in various aspects ranging from EPC,
eNode-B, User Equipment and applications
• Use handset and network infrastructure based advanced tools to accurately measure existing and potential
• Use in-house simulation platforms with live network traffic data and develop solutions to improve network
performance & efficiency
• RF and OTA Parametric Optimization and troubleshooting involving the use of various complex data collection
and post-processing tools to assess CDMA/LTE network performance and propose solutions to problems
• Support development of forward looking solutions to address network operator growth and expansion plans
covering all network entities
• Present complex technical ideas and results to multi-level, multi-disciplinary internal and external audience.
Techystem, RF Performance 10/2011 – 09/2012
Advanced Wireless RF Technical Support
• Conducting end to end project management of large or multiple large projects.
• Mentors team members to who are less technically savvy on how to manage the various issues on technical
• Able to conduct cell site Spectrum Analyzer analysis, KPI for GSM, UMTS, LTE to locate interferences,
troubleshoot any type of RF RSSI/VSWR/Diversity Alarms.
• Runs individual projects and responsible for completing projects within allotted timeline and budget.
• Define project scope and objectives, coordinate activities of a project team, and identify resources.
• Develop detailed work plans, schedule, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
• Recommend and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
• Coordinate activities of the project team, identifying/hiring resources and implementation strategy.
• Conduct project status meetings, project reporting, and responsible for project tracking and analysis, including
• Collaborate across multiple functions to ensure adherences to quality standards, internal processes, review project
• Drive to required project results - identifies, recommends and take action to drive the analysis, solutions
resolution to all issues/roadblocks in a timely fashion.
• Provide overall direction and technical or analytical guidance to project and program teams that typically span
multiple organizations, markets and outside suppliers/vendors.
• Recommend and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
• Communication with stakeholders, internal clients, vendors and executive leadership
• Very wide wireless telecom expert experience in 2G/3G/4G, GSM, UMTS, LTE Ericsson, Lucent (ALU), NSN,
Siemens, Nortel, Alcatel, RBS/BTS cell site, MSC, BSC, HLR, E-Utran, NodeB, eNodeB, MME, HSS, S-GW,
PDN, MME, SGSN, GGSN, P-GW, GPRS, STP/SCTP/SS7/T1/JDSU/TEM’s, Cisco Said, MGW, all type of
• Expert experience in Cell Site Deployment and very advanced Troubleshooting
• Expert experience in Wireless Cell Site RFDS Network Design and optimization
• Expert experience in analyzing issues & providing solutions 24/7
• Able to Mentor less technically experienced team members.
• Have very strong wireless technical experience
• 2G/3G/4G/RAN/UTRAN/RNC/Node B/EVDO rollout, integration, and swap.
• Trouble Shooting Call path, call drops, cellular handover, cell sites outages, Cellular handset/Device, Software
and or HardwarePacket Analysis for VoLTE (or VOIP) Protocols, Wireless domain of LTE, 3G, 3g+Packet Core,
LTE, UMTS and GSM/GPRS Call Flows, Protocol testing of UMTS/LTE, Understanding of call processes
between end to end system test, Test case execution and analysis, SS7 tracing, ability to discuss, Identify and
name the notes in a typical SIP call flo, Identify & Name - notes in an IMS platform and the function of each note,
Switches and call flow setups, Data call and data call flows, IMS –IP multimedia Subsystem, Wire shark, Cisco -
SS7, IP Tracing, Validating services with data provided, Tracing Nodes, Protocols, HSS, HLR, Call routing,
Debugging, standard bodies GCF/PTCRB, 3GPP and GERAN, Configuration, Feature Testing, Troubleshooting,
Analyze Proper operation with various 3G and 2.5G networks and handset, Analysis of Telephony voice services
to include call waiting, call barring, 3-way calling, etc.., end to end Mobility Architectures, with a baseline focus
on 3G/4G mobile packet core (LTE, UMTS/CDMA), signaling, mobile, transport and backhaul technologies.
Using applications such as Policy, IMS, VoLTE and Billing
• RFDS, RF, Packet Network, Scaling, Capacity Planning
• DAS RF Project Manager for specific RF projects, RFDS/plumbing, and DAS performance, optimization,
rollout, integration, rehoming, and implementation.
• Handle non-routine issues surrounding capacity management, optimization, and network design/build out
• Drive testing planning
• Experience with Ericsson, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T design tools such as Atoll and ACP plus MapInfo, design
guidelines and processes, search rings and data fill process
• Creating and “driving completion of projects” schedules. Interfacing with customers and installation crews as
needed to successfully complete project. Submitting/tracking materials and equipment required for installation.
Creating and following through change orders for customers as appropriate.
• Core Network, Node B & RNC system acceptance and health check
• Capacity Planning, drive test support, new site builds, project acceptance and problem solving.
• 2G/3G/4G command knowledge on GSM/UMTS/LTE parameter changes and optimization.
• 24/7 Management of Traffic statistics on NSS and BSS Network Elements
• Established, planned and operated cellular networks, including: 4G, HSPA, GSM, GPRS and Edge B.S.,
Electrical Engineering, UMTS, CDMA, GSM, GPRS and Edge design and optimization
• Support the implementation of end to end VoLTE FFA (Production) integration design when necessary. This
means: attending daily VoLTE FFA (Production) daily calls; performing and interpreting network and device
traces; supporting issue trouble resolution conference calls; driving the resolution of assigned device, network,
and or test case related issues across multiple stakeholders; recommending solutions to integration design issues;
driving the implementation of approved solutions to integration design issues; and providing daily status of
assigned issues to multiple stakeholders
• Prepare Trend Analysis based on link Usage and Hardware Utilization
• Prepared project schedules using network scheduling techniques and constraint optimization (PERT/CPM).
• Content and Video Optimization techniques such as Progressive Download Bitrate Throttling, Transcoding, trans-
• Analysis of IT & Network related incidents
• Senior level RF technical support, RF performance, RF Design & Optimization for Ericsson, NSN and ALU,
Siemens and Nortel eNnodeB eqm
• Experience with details surrounding Radio Frequency (RF/RFDS) network design
• Capacity planning and optimization activities
• Develop theoretical RF designs
• Coordinating and validating system integration points between SAM and northbound systems, configuring and
supporting ALU 5620 SAM FCAPS features, solid understanding of object oriented analysis and design,
programming experience in Java. Web application frameworks/web technologies
• Optimal performance based on factors relating to zoning restrictions, regulatory issues, handoff status, path
balance, DIV/RSSI/VSWR/RF interference, coverage footprint and capacity management
• Use subscriber forecasts and trending of existing traffic to design and develop network enhancements to handle
increasing traffic loads, and to add new sites or additional base station equipment to existing sites to expand
• Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the
technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of
systems/applications to team and development lead. Familiar with systems engineering and development proces.
• Perform continuous monitoring of existing network performance to maximize network quality
• Collect, monitor and analyze performance KPIs for network to improve network performance
• Approve final site locations for cell sites and LTE/UMTS designs and design approval process
• Good understanding of infrastructure management processes; good understanding of process framework like ITIL
• Knowledge of B/OSS systems Including network protocols and terminology (GSM, GPRS, UMTS and LTE)
• Project Managing cell sites in USA IP/Ethernet Technical support deployment for GSMoE/UMTS/LTE Over
• Familiarity with air interface performance analysis, characterization and optimization.
AT&T, National Wireless and network RF Field Service Mgmt 01/2009 – 09/2011
Wireless National Network Control Specialist and RF Technical Support
• UMTS and LTE network design support activities, correction of RFDS perform link budget analysis, design
criteria and traffic analysis, carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna
orientation, analyze equipment co-location requirements, and perform site build verification and acceptance.
• Experienced with NSN/Ericsson/Lucent/Nortel/Siemens/Nortel and SIAD equipment.
• Communicates and escalates network centric issues to Vendors and network SME’s
• Advanced RF Troubleshooting, Performance Assistance Center (PAC), metrics, KPIs and Business objects tools,
Ericsson ROMT or Nokia MMI for parameters changes, VSWR, DIV, RSSI, OSS (WRNO, RAN Explorer,
Element manager etc.), Optimization, Statistics, 3G NPI and RAB services (CS, PS, HSDPA, EUL), RAN
Configuration/futures, Correct Data Errors, Diagnosis, Rectification of Faults, Complete Acceptance, Generate
Process Reports, Troubleshooting daily health check issues with Ericsson, Lucent, Siemens, Nortel & Nokia
2G/GSM/3G/UMTS-P6/4G/LTE/MSC/HLR/BSC/RBS, verification of existing IMA groups of T1’s)/Data
Transcript/Granite, Winfiol/OSS/iBwave (WRNO, RAN Explorer, MySQL, Element manager etc.)
• RF performance, optimization, integration, design and senior-level technical support for CDMA, 2G, 3G, 4G,
RAN, UTRAN, RNC, Node B, and EVDO.
• Familiar with RFDS process, RFDS configuration and plumbing diagrams including antenna’s, tma’s, diplexers,
GSM frequency plans & retune and UMTS PSC planning and retune
• Utilize planning and leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems
• Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications,
with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results
• Develop application support documentation as required by the application support teams for acceptance of
systems changes into production
• Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems
• Understanding of OSS/NMS concepts and protocols such as SNMP (including v3),SOAP/XML, JMS, HTTP
• Designing and developing automated PM, FM and CM processes using SAM-O, SDK and schemas. E.g.
automated router discovery, node assignments to stats collection policies, alarm forwarding etc.
• High-level knowledge of 7750 SR and 7705 SAR routers and CLI
• Prior 5620 SAM development, operational and technical customer support including advanced troubleshooting
• Able to interact with multiple groups and departments, can handle multiple projects at the same and able to meet
deadlines on time
• Experience in script coding
• Prepared new installations of Ericsson systems GSM850/1900 & UMTS 850/1900, E911, and Edge.
• Worked in the shelter i.e. diplexers, jumpers, cabinet additions, cutover, outages handling, fall back,
MCPA/SCPA and commissioning,
• Make recommendations for system improvement or redesign
• Diplexers (DC Blocks/BIAST’s), TMA cards, Bias Tees, IDB changes, and TRX deletes.
• Identified and resolved any existing MSC, APG, HLR, Node B, RNC, BSC, and BTS.
• Managed wireless construction, civil and tower General Contractors building wireless cell sites.
• Communicated clear directions to General Contractors per RFDS for GSM/UMTS and LTE configuration.
• Read, understood and corrected RFDS, created Scope of Work and communicated scope to General Contractor
• Led tiger teams for very advanced lines/antennas troubleshooting skills to assist alarm clear like
• Utilizing RF all aspects of propagation prediction software. This includes the use of site database information in
OSS, moshell/Amos for 3G/4G, 2G commands, the ability to incorporate, analyze drive test data, and the ability
to tune propagation models
• Understanding of existing technologies and services including (MSC, MME, SGSN, GGSN, SMSC, and MMSC)
and their use within the business, IT and Network
• Threshold configuration of Critical Devices.
• Consolidated construction reports and convey clear/accurate reporting to Project Managers
• Performed MCPA/SCPA commissioning, process input power settings (BTS), power output per channel, alarm
configuration, pre and post alarm checks.
• Performed MSC/BSC DT verification with consistency checks (RF Performance) using KPI, GEPH, CTR, UETR,
• Perform SLA and OLA analysis of operational data and build proactive models Customer Experience
Management and other necessary departmental and inter-departmental duties as assigned
• Implement capacity management processes
• Optimization, analysis and fault detection on 2G- GSM and 3G-UMTS Networks.
• ETTCS projects, Atoll ,SIAD, CISCO Routers, IP config/test, Ethernet links, CCU, MSN, ATM, IMA, T1,
PP1/2/3/4, Implementation Scripts, TMA, Antennas, LTE, UMTS, RNC, Node B, OBIF, OSS, Solaris, Moshell,
RBS element manager, ProComm, WinFiol, Citrix, Telnet, FTP/ Azimuth, Mechanical and Electrical Tilt
• Managed and trained a team of switch technicians and field engineers.
• National Customer Design/Assign/Provision and Network Infrastructure Design/Assign/Provision/Groom
• Development and implementation of Center Process & Standardization initiatives for SD&A.
• Design and develop alarming solutions using ALU SAM. Designing alarming on new types of network devices
and services, modifying existing alarming implementations, and supporting upgrades to existing types of devices
and services in the network.
Mastery of Microsoft Office Software (Particularly MS Excel).
• Familiar with Common DAS Equipment including Coaxial Cable, Antennas, Splitters, Fiber Cable, etc.
• Adept at Managing Budgets and Project
• Superior organization and time management skills, communication skills – verbal and written. Excellent business
and financial knowledge; exceptional customer interfacing skills. Proven track record of business growth.
• Configure and Troubleshoot Network optimization solutions like Rivebed, Cisco WAAS
• Manage multiple projects throughout the market, assuming full responsibility for each
• Translate requirements into specific KPI templates, generating the report per template in a timely manner
• Optimize newly launched single and multicarrier clusters by the manipulation of the appropriate RF parameters
base on drive test results
• Trouble shooting complex Routing and Switching problems and escalated incidents.
• Resolved conflicts as necessary for project completion.
• Scripting languages: PERL, TCL/Expect.
- SAM troubleshooting experience. Familiarity with JBoss application server, Oracle and Solaris and RHEL
- High-level knowledge of 3G/4G wireless networking and IP backhaul. IP and routing protocols such as OSPF,
BGP, MPLS, MME/VLAN, VLL/VPLS
• Under limited supervision, provides real estate administration/project coordination activities for acquisition &
leasing of cell site properties. Includes but not limited to: Perform basic Project Management functions, Proficient
in MS Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); scheduling, data entry & various Telecommunication systems (Norad,
• Handling Site Acq group for Small Cell, LTE, and VIP
• STRONG Project Management with wireless experience, Site Acquisition and Construction background.
T-Mobile Switch and NOC Support 09/2008 – 12/2008
Wireless Network Operations Manager / Senior Switch Engineer
• Tested, maintained, troubleshot, integrated and implemented all complex call routing database changes within all
core 2G/3G network elements GSM/UMTS/SGSN/GGSN/EDGE/GPRS/AXE BYB810/MSN/MSC-S
R12/APZ212 50-40-30-25/MGW/Network Audits, making adjustments to 3G RAN using NSN NETACT.
• Siemens RNC and Node B status handling via OMC-R. Loop testing T1/NIU/IPv4-IPv6 checking transmission
with Field Engineers//Data Transcript
• Have a range of skills within a technical or professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories,
concept and technologies to work on generally complex operational or technical activities and an applied
knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
• The internal go-to person for engineering technical support. The DAS Engineering. Working knowledge of all
major wireless technologies (CDMA, GSM, UMTS, iDEN, WiMAX,LTE, etc.), multi-carrier / neutral host
designs that are acceptable to all wireless carrier standards and are cost-effective. Performing signal analysis of all
technologies mentioned above and understands their channel characteristics. Hiring and retaining performance
engineering Cable installers, DAS Technicians staff according to company/project needs. This is a collaborative
effort with the CEO/COO to balance market demands with financial performance. Responsibility of assessing a
project and assigning the appropriate resources to the project. Responsible for overseeing the day to day activities
of my team assuring that the highest priorities are addressed first. Fallow up and understanding of team member
technical knowledge and skill level and placing each team member on a career path that includes areas of focus
that advances them to the next level.
• GSM Migrations of 2g traffic from the LEC T1s to T1s provisioned over the existing Ethernet backhaul for
Nokia, Ericsson, Nortel, and Siemens Technologies, using the NFSD and site locator tools to lock and unlock
sites across the US, then create an EIM (Equipment in Maintenance) that suppresses the alarms while the vectors
are being locked.
• Support Field Technicians logging in/out of cellular sites managing as much as 25 tickets on any given day, with
knowledge of how to turn on and turn down a GSM radios from Nokia, Siemens, Nortel or ALU, using site
locator, OSS, CLI, WinFiol, BTS/Remedy, and NFSD ticketing system.
• Monitors the status of alarms, and performs minor troubleshooting to resolve the problem, identify faults and
change necessary settings using the Network Element Manager, and OMT tool. Support LTE deployment, TMA
projects, and CSS to Power wave antenna swaps. Supports the installation and maintenance of UMTS via
Ericsson, Lucent technologies.
• Decision Making Auth & Discreet: Receive supervision and occasional guidance on achieving objectives relative
to a specific program, project or initiative. Work independently with no need of supervision.
• Provide technical support in the development, analysis and maintenance of systems, software, processes, products
• Provide Operations Feedback to the other Delivery organizations on necessary network strategy enhancements.
• Support RF performance, RF Design & Optimization for Ericsson, NSN and ALU, Siemens and Nortel eqm
• Performed BSC, RNC, BTS, RBS, and Node B rehoming, provisioning, decommissioning and RF planning.
• XML implementation using CM Operations Manager (CM Provisioned and CM Plan Manager).
• Created COCO and ATM interface configuration parameters in the RNC Implementation and coordinated
activities including: integrating new sites, TRX expansion, BTS /Node B re-homing, cutover, site upgrade, and
Fall Back procedure.
International Project for Ericsson/MCI, Verizon Business & US Military, TX 01/2006 – 08/2008
Senior Consultant RF Design & Optimization Support for Ericsson, NSN and ALU eqm
• Support RF design and optimization for eNodeB
• Experience with RNC & eNnodeB parameters and RFDS (RF Data Sheet)
• Support Wireless Core Network and Switches integration projects
• Provides 3rd level technical support on data network related issues using life video conferencing and Lync
• Responsible for external customer networks.
• RFDS, RF, Packet Network, Scaling, Capacity Planning
• Managed USG and DPN 2G/3G GSM/eNodeB, Mobile Network, NSS O&M.
• Switches performance and acceptance: MSC, BSC, HLR, DT, RF, SS7, KPI, AP, APG40, IOG20, CP, TEM’s,
AGILENT, Backups, System Reload, and System Restart.
• Make recommendations that aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area; work
with limited supervision; typically reports to Supervisor (Band 7) or on occasion Manager (Band 6).
• Apply advanced technical skills to the position or specialization. Identify key issues and patterns from partial or
• Primary Scrambling Code, RNC, LAC, RAC, High Bit Error and Voice.
• High level project management, schedules, and financial budgets, Preparation of proposals and statements of
work, strong enough to drive project to completion and work under high pressure. Subcontractor evaluation and
selection. Approval of material purchase orders beyond original bills of material. Candidate must also have hands-
on knowledge with construction, deployment and turn- up of in-building projects (DAS), Familiar with
Propagation tools (IB wave), Knowledge of RF test equipment, network components, and programming in Excel
spreadsheets, knowledge with construction, deployment and turn-up of in-building projects. RF performance
engineer for projects that require senior engineering performance. This includes site walks, design reviews, testing
and data gathering, troubleshooting, commissioning, addressing engineering question associated with the project,
creation of close-out packages and assisting DAS Crew lead with pricing scope enhancements.
• Successfully Designed and Implemented More than 10 Multi-Carrier DAS Systems, Corning/MobileAccess,
Andrew/Commscope, Solid and TE In-Building Systems, Adept at Using Link Budgets for Multiple
• Performed the primary role of single point of contact for the project team during all project phases.
• Troubleshot BTS/RBS, T1/E1 transmission, and cable projects including copper and Fiber Optic, Mini Link
MMU/SMU/RAU, IOG20, APG40 upgrade, and 2G/VSAT Mobile Network.
• Expertise to define OSS strategy and support for the integration of National Service Provisioning.
• Providing technical solutions to the engineering and field operations functions.
• Developed, managed, and implemented project schedule for specific geographic/market area.
• Tracking and reporting project dates, status and actions weekly.
• Experience with switching, traffic and transport functions, network surveillance, installation, network monitoring
and control, network administration and technical support, provisioning, facilities assignment, maintenance and
management of Network Operating systems.
• Worked 24/7 with newly installed Ericsson GSM/UMTS Mobile equipment.
• Functional Accountability Provide technical and/or analytical support to solve a wide range of complex
• Worked as a liaison between regional network, market teams, vendors and all HQ organizations.
• Responsible for managing materials, logistics and vendors as the primary point of contact.
Scom/AT&T, Cingular Wireless – Atlanta, GA Warroom and NOC Support 2005 – 2006
Technical Support Manager (2G/GSM//TDMA/WCDMA)
• Managed support for RF field engineers and cell sites construction subcontractors during BSC/BTS/RBS UMTS
roll-out, integration, upgrade, cutover, rehome, and decommissioning.
• Installation of new hardware and software integration into the network including testing and implementation.
• Performed software and hardware troubleshooting for the optimization of Ericsson, Nokia, Lucent
GSM/850/1900/ filters, repeaters, RBS, DXU, CXU, CDU, TRU, IDB, TMA, Andrew Antenna, jumpers,
connectors, diplexers, PDU, surge arrestors, RF, TCP/IP, ATM, SS7, Electrical-Mechanical down tilt.
• Routers and Switching infrastructure management & configuration
• Monitored AXE10/GSM/UMTS/FCC/OSI/CE standards verification and cell sites RF performance.
• Used Ericsson OSS, Winfiol, Alex, Cingular ticketing data base as NTTA, Remedy, CTS, Lucent Autoplex,
UNIX-Hyper Terminal, Nokia Citrix, Netact, GUI, Actix, and Data Transcript tools.
Scom/AT&T & Cingular Wireless – Atlanta, GA Warroom and NOC Support 2003 – 2004
Wireless Managing Team Leader – Network Operation Center
• System troubleshooting for the wireless TDMA/GSM/WCDMA Core network market for Ericsson, Siemens,
Lucent, Nortel, and Nokia switches.
• Network Optimization and QoS Management.
• Monitored Cingular Wireless’ east coast network using expertise in Ericsson AXE/BSC/BTS/MSC software and
• Opened and escalated trouble tickets in databases and spreadsheets.
• Troubleshot circuits within Bellsouth, AT&T, and Verizon Wireless.
• Supported roll-out, integration, implementation, drive testing, upgrades, and dispatching field engineers when
tests fail for further onsite hardware troubleshooting, VSWR, and diversity troubleshooting.
• Provides or coordinates with outside vendors (as necessary) the installation of Network Devices In the network.
• Scheduled and assigned field work activity.
• Ordered circuit troubleshooting and tracked orders.
Ericsson, Inc. – Rijen/Amsterdam, Holland (Netherland), Global International NOC Support 2000 – 2002
Wireless Support Engineer Specialist
• Technical support for public and mobile switching telephone network software/hardware and
LAN/WAN/ATM/Jambala/DT, ACA and CNA.
• Network IP address design and optimization
• Improve Service Level Agreements.
• Worked closely with development teams to produce project plans, and design specifications.
• Managed technical resource teams for implementations on a global scale.
• Conduct internal audits for Network and security compliance.
• Managed implementation teams that include Network Design Engineers, Network Administrators, DBAs and
Ericsson, Inc. – Boca Raton, FL, Regional NOC Support 1995 – 2000
Regional Wireless Customer Support
• Customer field support for PSTN and Mobile switching telephone network.
• Supported the marketing and sales group management, TDMA/PCS switches and troubleshot major subsystem.
• Performed software, hardware, radio base station TBS/BSS, voicemail, SMS, software and billing/charging/toll
ticketing, backup-dump handling, Signal Point SP data configuration and troubleshooting.
• SS7/TCP/IT/DT, ACA, CNA, Plex, ASA AXE advanced software troubleshooting, configurations, and roll-out
• RF-drive testing using TEM’s special designed phones and computers to detect high bit errors in the field
• 24-hour hotline service for AT&T, BellSouth/Cingular Wireless, Larsson Cellular, Houston cellular, Cantel/of
Canada, Telefonica de Puerto Rico, a lot of travel in USA, Canada and the Caribbean.
• Contribute to Network Design and Integration
• Keep business security under control while accessing any switch remotely or any customer office building.
Ericsson, Inc. – Helsinki, Finland, European NOC Support 1993 – 1995
Wireless Support Engineer Team Lead - Technical Testing and System Verification
• Software system testing, wrote technical test specifications procedures for global or worldwide applications.
• Software and hardware implementation procedures in different languages, design verifications, internal and
external testing and verification of global software application for mobile system and
SS7/ISUP/MUP/TCP/IP/DT/VSAT signaling applications protocols using test tools like UPSIM (User Part
• Maintains and monitor network utilization and make necessary changes whenever required.
• Served customers in Scandinavia and Europe.
Ericsson, Inc. – Stockholm/Kista, Sweden, Landline and Wireless Operation and Maintenance Mgmt 1985 –
Wireless Senior Sales Support Manger and System Engineer Team Lead
• Support technical engineers in the field and testing global public switching telephone network software
applications as TMOS/CMOS/ VSAT, including software and hardware implementation support in the field.
• Serving customers in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
• Human resources are properly coordinated, integrated, and controlled in all our service markets
• Supporting the sales management department to reach success in their offers and business marketing.
• Managing Projects of Software, DT, ACA and CNA implementation in the field in Latin America, Asia
and in the Middle East.
• Support advanced SS7-signaling software function change, TCP/IP training, software implementation,
software upgrades, software correction packages and trouble shooting, data transcript design and
programming languages trouble shooting for public and mobile switching telephone network central
and regional processor units hardware and software.
• Support global mobile software application system for mobile switching telephony network,
IOG/RP/SS7/APZ/APT/Plex/ASA for NMT450-900/TDMA900-1800/GSM.
• Ericsson Inc. software design, testing and verification plant for mobile switching telephony network,
NMT/TDMA/GSM and landline national and international switches
• Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Electro Technique, Huddinge College, Stockholm, Sweden, 1986
• Master’s degree, The Royal Institute of Technology in Electro Technique & Telecommunication, Stockholm,
• GSM/UMTS/LTE/2G/3G/4G NETWORK ETHERNET BACKHAUL Training, Georgia, 04/2013
o Migration, Ethernet backhaul requirements, QoS, MAC Address Table, VLANs, MTU, MEF,
Multiplexing & Bundling, Bandwidth Parameters, IP/MPLS/SLA, EBH evolution, PMO to FMO, RAN
architecture, Timing & Synchronization, Performance, KPI, RFC2544 Ethernet testing standard, ETTCS,
Cell Site &MTSO tests, SLA monitoring, Cutover steps
• LTE/4G eNB-E-UTRAN, LTE-EPC Networks and Signaling Training, Georgia, 03/2013
o Diploma of LTE/4G Long Term Evolution technical core network operation, HLR, STP, HSS-LTE,
DRA/DEA, SGW, P-GW, E-Node B function, MME selection, Paging, Handover (X2/S1), Broadcast,
Protocols Specifications/SCTP, Network ID, UE/Cell identifier, Tracking area, Authentication, Data
session bearer setup
• LTE/4G RAN Signaling and Operations for UMTS Operators Training, 02/2013
o Diploma of LTE/4G technical operation to sketch LTE E-UTRAN/UE/QoS/DL/UL/Uu protocol/Air
GW/HSS/authentication/IP allocation/paging/handover procedure/3GPP-3GPP2/LTE-UMTS-GSM-
• Globecomm & Altobridge VSAT Training, California
o Diploma of technical customer support of Mobile Data/Voice RF design and optimization split
architecture connectivity through the AOR, over extended distances and while in the move using VSAT
transmission, GSM/UMTS/LTE MSC/HLR/VLR/Gateway/Pico Cellular base station/GAN-
BGAN/SPGN-RCC/GPRS/SMSC/DTMF/IWF/CLIP-CLIR/Complete system configuration
• Attended Cingular Wireless, MCI, Verizon Business, AT&T/T-Mobile training programs for Ericsson, Nokia,
Alcatel, Siemens, Nortel and Lucent
o TDMA/GSM/WCDMA/UMTS/OMT/MSC/BSC/RBS/Mini Link/E1/T1
• Ericsson, Inc. Training Center, Stockholm, Sweden
o Diploma of technical customer support of Data Translation/DT, hardware and software troubleshooting of
public switching telephone network central processor unit G3, 3rd generation/GS3.
• Ireland telecom training center, Dublin, Ireland
o Diploma of technical support for telecom switches software and hardware, installation of 3rd generation
of GSM/GPRS/GPS network upgrades and configurations.
• Telecom Training Center, Amsterdam, Holland
o Diploma of 2nd line technical customer support for Ericsson Inc. software troubleshooting.
• Ericsson Telecom Training Center, Texas
o Diploma of 1st line technical customer support for mobile switching telephony network TDMA/PCS
systems, 882/884 RBS, advanced Plex and ASA Software troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of
radio base stations 882/884 software and hardware, software trouble shooting and testing, data transcript,
advanced Unix and ISDN fundamentals, assembler language
• Ericsson, Inc. Training Center, Montreal, Canada
o Diploma of live system network outage certification of maximum 45 minutes recovery for both software
and hardware problems including SS7/MUP/TCP/IP/VSAT and customer excellence in service in the
• Ericsson, Inc. Training Center, Stockholm, Sweden
o Diploma of software testing, advanced SS7-signaling software function change, TCP/IP training, software
implementation, software upgrades, software correction packages and trouble shooting, data transcript
design and programming languages
• Ericsson, Inc. Training Center, Oslo, Norway
o RP/SS7/APZ/APT/Plex/ASA for NMT450-900/TDMA900-1800/GSM