Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Naji+Johnson+welding+inspector+resume (1)
181 Jamrocs Lane
Phenix, VA 23959
434-660-7995 E-mail: email@example.com
Experienced QC Welding Inspector with Welding certification from Broome Tioga Boces
specializations: Shielded metal arc welding , Gas metal arc welding , Flux cored arc welding ,
Gas tungsten arc welding and AWS blueprints.
Exhibits strong attention to detail in inspecting weld quality with Non Destructive Testing
• Experienced in inspecting welds to meet Structural Welding Code AWS D1.1 & AWS D1.5
• Proficient in interpretation of engineering documents and drawings
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experienced at testing welds at various stages to ensure they meet quality measures
• Utilizes NDE testing methods
Welding Inspector Apprentice. Cives Steel; Gouveneur, NY. 11/10 – 04/11.
• Separated metals to be inspected per job order.
• Identified welds to be ultrasonic tested and performed daily visual inspection welds.
• Looked over welding procedure specifications to ensure welder guidelines.
• Performed bend tests on welding coupons.
• Took imperfect welds back to welders for corrections and filed documentation reports.
Assistant NDT Technician. Syosset, NY. 5/11- 6/11 (contract)
• Ensured welding procedure specifications were adhered to.
• Visually examined welds per API guidelines.
• Performed Liquid penetrant test on all welds.
Production Welder. Triboro Rack; Farmville, VA. 10/12 - 08/13.
• Measured all work for correct length and width specified by the work order.
• Lifted and clamped work pieces into position for welding.
• Used MIG welding equipment to weld components as specified by work orders, and oral
• Inspected welds to be free of porosity, undercut, and lack of fusion.
Welder. Gillman Services; Richmond, VA. 10/13 – 11/13 (Temporary Assignment).
• Set up racks and frame for automated Pulse-Spray GMAW welding equipment and
connected shielding gas and power source.
• Entered welding parameters into hand-held remote control.
• Welded automated vertical down corrosion resistant weld overlay
• Checked all welds for porosity.
Production Welder. Williams Bridge Company; Richmond, VA. 02/14 – 07/14.
• Visually inspected welds to ensure work met Bridge Welding Code AWS D1.5 code.
• Welded girders to flange and web with Submerged Arc welding.
• Preheated metals, changed flux and welding wire.
Light Industrial Welder. Jatca Inc.; Sterling Heights, MI. 07/14 – 01/15.
• Worked for The ABB Group in South Boston, VA, building small power transformers.
Printed blueprints from the Engineering Department for project guidance.
• Visually inspecting welds to ensure all work met company guidelines and AWS D1.1
structural welding code.
Central Virginia Community College; Lynchburg, VA. Spring 2014; 6 credits.
Visual Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Penetrant Testing, Radiographic Testing,
Ultrasonic Testing, Eddy Current Testing. Shielded metal arc welding, (Pipe)
Automotive Technology. Oneonta Job Corps Academy; Oneonta, NY. 01/01-02/02
Transportation Security Administration
TWIC Card Holder