Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nagendra_01_Nov_2015
NAGENDRA RAJE URS TS
Goal-oriented professional with a strong record of contributions in streamlining operations and enhancing plant productivity;
seeking senior level assignments in New Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Project Management with a reputed
organisation, preferably in Auto/Auto Ancillary industry
24 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Program Management, New Product Development, Erection &
Commissioning, Quality Management, Process Enhancements and Team Management. In-depth and hands-on experience in leading
product / manufacturing process design & development and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
Other Key skills include:
Tool Design Development Resource Deployment Process Assembly Functions
Quality Assurance/ Maintenance Process Improvement New Product Development
Cost Reduction/Budgeting Strategic Planning Manpower Management
Expertise in coordinating, planning and implementing changes to machinery & equipment, process methodology, quality systems as
well as reporting procedures, towards accomplishment of profit, service & organizational goals. Deftness in supporting SQA (Supplier
Quality Assurance) for achieving supplier establishment and reducing their PPM. Proven skills in effectively managing operations
involving commissioning of plant, production, in-process inspection, and co-ordination with internal departments & external
customers. Proficient in providing technical support to top management and accountable for timely completion of the projects.
Possess strong decision making, detail oriented, analytical and leadership abilities.
Oct 15 to Till Date; Saket Metal technocraft Ltd- Dharwad. Karnatka.
Functioning as Plant Head and Business development. Saket Metal is a Tier 1 supplier for Tata Marcopolo Bus Division.
We are the leading Sheet metal and Tubular component manufacturer.
April’ 2014 – Sep 15 Worked as a freelancer technical consultant for SSI units and pursuing technical courses on soft skills.
Since Sep’13 to April’ 14: Ghaziabad Precession Product Ltd., Ghaziabad as Deputy General Manager - New Projects & Engg. Dept.
Key Result Areas
• Managing end-to-end project operations from planning to monitoring of Shop Floor activities and final execution for the new
product development; monitoring development of products with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and
quality compliance; evaluating production progress & taking adequate corrective actions
• Organising, planning and coordinating entire product development including requirement analysis, finalising materials & parts
specifications, designing, verification & validation, etc.
• Guiding the processes of research, design, testing and introducing production of entire line of products and designing flow
control; focussing on the optimisation of process parameters; initiating process improvements for achieving bottom line
objectives & productivity targets
• Ensuring high quality of all components and making improvements for achieving better quality; deploying & looking after ISO
9000/QS 9000/TS 16949 related initiatives
• Conducting functional & reliability tests/ inspection on various product samples and initiating relevant action for enhancing
functions of product
• Developing potential vendors for developing jigs & fixtures, gauge, manufacturing tools & components
• Attending to customer’s complaints; monitoring manufacturing processes & troubleshooting problems in coordination with
other departments and improving efficiency.
• Leading & motivating the workforce; imparting continuous job training for accomplishing greater operational effectiveness/ efficiency
• Significantly augmented the production from 48,000/month to 1 lakh / month in a span of 4 months by eliminating the waste
operations & integrating 2 -3 operations
• Served as team leader in setting examples for solving customer complaints, PFMEA, establishing process dependent operations
by introducing, error proofing & Poka Yoke in manufacturing process; initiated APQP (Advance Product Quality Planning), etc.
• Actively involved in undertaking maintenance of jigs/ fixtures/ cutting tools/ gauges/ measuring instruments for improving
operational effectiveness & documentation
• Pivotal in minimizing losses due to scrap and rework through adopting TPM methods
Feb’08 - Jul’13: Nexteer Automotive Sys Pvt. Ltd. as Assistant Manager - Grade 6C
Key Result Areas
• Functioned as a Product Engineering and Program Launch Manager in Half Shaft Line; led activities entailing:
o Selection of Product to start of production (SOP) at customer Base
o Managing key Customers like General Motors, Bajaj, Tata, and Mahindra for their Commercial Vehicle
o Deputed to MFE Dept for handling new projects, process planning, procurement of machines, process establishment,
continuous improvement initiatives, etc.
o Procured and installed imported machine from Taiwan
o Cost reduction by selection on new & new concepts
o Ensuring R & R (run@rate) & PPAP as per customer standard
• Handled elimination of one CNC operations thus increased productivity by 33% & saving by Rs. 12 lakhs per annum
• Spearheaded procurement & installation of Wei Tai Make Spline Rolling from Taiwan thus enhancing the additional capacity to
make All Tripot and CV Spline Rolling In-House
o Successfully introduced 9 variant models and removed the supplier dependency
• Fully involved in development of half shaft for TML, Mahindra (Xylo & XUV), Maruthi (Nano, Vista New Models)
• Played a key role in reducing cycle time on turning and saving the cost upto Rs. 20 lakhs / annum
• Guided the team involved in setting tools on CNC Machines and spline rolling, friction welding, forming operation, assembly station
• Delivered trainings to workmen for CNC & spline rolling, welding and assembly station, MC setting / operating/prove out &
May’06 - Jan’08: ANG Auto Limited as Deputy General Manager – Manufacturing
• Served as In-charge of the entire unit and set up the plant & machineries for Tandem Axles (HCV) and Brakes & Tri- Axial
• Managed investment worth Rs. 5 Crores during 2 years span.
• Successfully installed:
o Friction Welding Machine in May’07- cost Rs. 1.76 crores
o Brake Shoe Welding SPM in Oct’06- cost Rs. 29 lakhs
o Rolling Machines in Oct’06- cost Rs. 15 lakhs
o Centre Less Grinding Machine in Oct’07- cost Rs. 1.1 crores
o 8 Axles Welding Machines (SPM), during 2006-07- cost Rs. 1.2 crores
May’05 - May’06: Delphi Automotive Systems Pvt. Ltd. as Assistant Manager – MFE
• Procured, installed and produced Bearing Pressing and Staking Machine, basically an SPM
• Functioned as Lead Manufacturing Engineer for DOE (Design of Experiment) for reducing cost & improving the product design
• Led the team for procurement and prove out of Extrusion and Pressing Machine from US, Mexico and Hungary
• Handled the elimination of quality checking imposed at Japan as a cross checking, it was done by making the entire process as
fool proof operations
Apr’92 - May’05: Automotive Axles Ltd., Assistant Manager - MFE
• Bagged the Best Performer Award in:
o 2001 for exceeding departmental targets
o 2001 for developing cost effective Telco breaks packaging; saved Rs. 12 Lakhs per annum
o 2002 for exceeding departmental targets
• Led Machine shop, Axle Assembly, Brake Machining and Brake Assembly, Painting and Packaging Shop as Manufacturing Lead
Engineer for achieving the assigned production numbers
o Rs. 12 lakhs per annum by modifying packing of brakes
o Rs. 10 lakhs per annum in Packing of Axles to M/s Ashok Leyland by designing returnable and collapsible steelages
• Selected, ordered & established “Atlas Copco" make Electrical Screwer for fastening; worth about Rs. 1.6 crores; the first in Asia
• Converted the entire "Drive Head" and “Axle Assembly Line” as a mistake proof line in the process
• Participated in developing SPM for Machine & Assembly Shop
• Handled re-layout of "Axle Assembly" Area (Conveyorized) for improving productivity, material handling (Demag Hoist System)
& quality and reducing TPT (Thru Put Time) thus resulting in saving of 5 manpower, productivity improvement by 40%
o Accommodated 4 New Washing, 1 Test Rig, 1 Carrier Assembly SPM Machine in the same available space by
redesigning the layout
o Quality improvement by making all components to be fastened by Control Torquing System as against Manual Torquing
• Acted as Short Time Project Leader and Establisher in areas like Rust Prevention, Packaging, Painting Shop, etc.
• Half Shaft and column steering process & its tool design & process planning
• Thorough Knowledge in HCV / LCV Brakes Machining & Manufacturing and Brake Assembly, Drive Axle Manufacturing and its
Assembly, Painting Shop, Packaging Depts.
• Design and development of Work Holding Fixtures for Machining Centers, Milling , Rolling , Welding & Heat Treatment Shop
(Continuous Carburizing Furnace and Sealed Quench Furnace)
• Developing all types of Inspection Gauges
• Selection, ordering and establishing the machines, especially SPM's for Productivity improvement
• Designer of Low cost Automation And Machines (SPM's) for Machine Shop and Axle Assembly Department
• Building "Poka-Yoke" System in the manufacturing process
• Handling Facility Planning; developing SPMs, ordering, tryouts and proving SPMs, packaging for safe transport and layout design
• Well versed with MS Office & Internet Applications
• Pursuing MS from BITS, Pilani
• BE (Mechanical Engineering) from Evening College - Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, Karnataka,
University Of Mysore in 2002
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from in 1991
• Train the Trainer Certification
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
• Certified Internal Trainer for GD&T
Date of Birth : 2nd
Present Location : Bangalore
Languages Known : English, Kannada and Hindi
LinkedIn Profile : Nagendra urs
Location Preference : Bangalore, Chennai, Pune & Hyderabad